Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Makeup

Default Makeup

Anyone have pictures of makeup done at CSA? I don't wear a lot of makeup, nor do I know the application process in order to have a natural look, so any tips would be greatly appreciated!! 4-26-2011!!

Default Wedding

Hi! just came across your post. We are getting married the same day an hour apart from one another! Dan and I are getting married @ 10 am on the 26th! As of right now, I plan on doing my own make-up. I want the same look you're going for, I just want to ensure it shows up in pictures. I am so excited! Less than 100 days! Feel free to e-mail me @ Oswald489@yahoo.com I'm sure we have a lot in common when it comes to questions or concerns about the wedding! Congrats!
    Jill

Oh wow!! We are getting married on the 26th as well at noon!!! I have the same concerns about makeup and hair. What day are you all arriving??

Default Arrival

We will be arriving on the 21st. I have been counting down, I am so excited. My fiance and I have been together 6 years...we live in Virginia Beach and our family lives in Pennsylvania. All of our "vacation time" has been spent in PA visiting family...it will literally be our first real vacation

My dress is really simple, it's from J Crew's wedding collection. With make-up, I really want that fresh natural look, but want it to show up in pictures. I have seen pictures of hair/make-up done at the salon and it all looks great. My concern is my wedding time! The salon opens at 9 and wedding time is 10...I'm afraid if I dislike the look, there will be no time to fix it. I plan on heading to the MAC counter and getting my make-up done while at home and practicing a bit before vacation. I am getting my hair done at the salon.

What day are you arriving? Is it jut the two of you or do you have other couples attending? Looking forward to hearing some details!

Wow!! That is great! We live in Alexandria Virginia! We just moved there a year ago and our closest family is fourteen hours away in Mississippi. So, this will be our first real vacation as well. We will be getting there on the 24th and we are leaving on the 30th. As of now, it is the two of us, but we are trying to get our best friends to come to stand up for us, however, I am not sure if the two will be able to take off.

My dress is actually more formal, but I am going to have it altered a little if I can to shorten it a little bit since orginally we were going to get married here. We are hoping to marry on the beach, so I won't be wearing hills. I have contacted Debbie by several emails to no avail. She is usually pretty prompt with a response because I have tons of questions. I was thinking of going to the MAC counter too..I am just nervous about doing it myself. I want the natural look and I have been reading the reviews and most people are split on the outcome they recieved. How many guests are coming with you??

I can't believe we live that close to one another...what are the chances? Originally, Dan and I had planned on going by ourselves...But, his brother and wife didn't want to miss "the big day" and they are celebrating their 10th wedding anniversary so they decided to splurge on the trip. My best friend and her boyfriend also decided to come as well. After the wedding and pictures we are planning on doing the catamaran cruise all together...we thought it would be a fun way to celebrate with everyone as a group. Then we are either going to do a private dinner on the beach with "just us" or go to Feathers with the group. We are still undecided. We plan on having a craft day...both my bestie and sister in law are very talented...we are going to make personalized wire hangers, barefoot sandals, and my cake toppers. I'll let you know when. You are more than welcome to head over for the day and join us! I tried to attach a picture of my dress. (tried being the key word...lol) Would love to hear some other details or see pictures!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Our colors are Lapis and wisteria. Are you bringing your own flowers or will you use the ones at the resort?? We were thinking of going to Feathers also, but we are unsure; I would love to go on the cruise, unfortunately me and boats don't get along, lol... I can't believe how fast time is moving and before long we will be in Jamaica. I will try to attach my dress!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by marshanda82; January 27th, 2011 at 11:12 PM.

I plan on getting flowers at the resort, I was reading a previous thread about bouquets and they all look beautiful! Your colors will be an amazing combination! Are you bringing your flowers? I'm still a bit undecided on my color combinations.
    Boats and I don't get along that well either. I'm hoping a little dramamine and motion sickness bracelets will help the situation out. I've read that most people don't have issues...I guess I need to keep my fingers crossed.
    What is your fiance wearing? Dan plans on wearing a khaki suit. I just feel bad about the heat! I hope he'll be okay.
    Hopefully, the photographer can photo shop the sweat dripping out of the photos...lol. We've hired Misha Earle for photography. She was a little expensive, but I fell in love with her website. She seems to have a knack for capturing the emotion of the day.
    I'm looking forward to seeing your dress picture! It is saying "pending authorization". Hopefully, it will be approved soon!

I was undecided about bringing my own flowers, but I did find someone in the area who can make them for me, but I don't know. I don't want the hassle of carrying the flowers and the dress on the plane. Are you going with live or silk flowers??

Yes, Purple is my favorite color and it was also his deceased grandmother's. They were very close so we wanted to incorporate that into our ceremony somehow. At first my fiance wanted to wear a tux!!However, I convinced him to wear a suit bc he sweats so easily. He thought that the pictures would look horrible if he had a regular suit with my dress, but I'm sure it will be fine.

Have you booked your hair appointment yet? I just recieved confirmation of my appointment at 9 in the morning. I also contacted a guy in the state who is a makeup artist; he is going to give me a two hour session on makeup, so I am going to consider doing my own (fingers crossed)

Default Your dress is gorgeous!

Your dress is beautiful! I love all of its' details! A suit will look perfect next to your dress...There are tons of photos with formal dresses and suits and they look amazing! Tell him, not to worry.

I am getting my bouquet at the resort. I thought about making a silk one, but decided against it. I'm leaning towards tropical flowers...I think they'll go well with my casual dress. It's super sweet of you to incorporate his grandmother into the ceremony...it's a kind way to honor her memory.

I have yet to book my salon appointment, I plan on calling this week to schedule a few things. I'm thinking mani/pedi/massage the day before, and then hair the morning of.

I'm still confused about how many songs we need to bring...have you talked to the coordinator about that yet?

Thanks for the compliments, I am sooo exicted!!! I haven't spoken to her about the songs yet, I have read other posts regarding this and they have different answers. Some say three songs, but others said they actually had a first dance as well even though there was no reception. Also, I am confused about the ipod or cd. Some say to bring a cd and others have brought their ipods. If I talk to the coordinator first about the songs, I will post a comment. Have you been counting down!!

Default Sorry, it's been a while!

Sorry for not posting recently, there have been a few changes at work and my schedule has been chaotic! Can you believe how quickly our weddings are coming?!? I am so excited! I have already started "packing"...my guest room looks like a tornado!

I just made a pair of barefoot sandals to wear for the wedding...I started a thread in case anyone wanted directions. They turned out nicely. You'll have to check out the thread and tell me what you think!

I still haven't decided on music...I have been on you tube and itunes constantly trying to find the perfect music selection. I hope all is well and look forward to chatting soon!

Yes, I saw the shoes and they look so nice!!! I wish I were creative like that. I am working on looking for some more alternatives now since my dress is kinda long. I don't want to pay another 300 for alterations, so I need to think fast, lol..

We are also looking for some songs too. Do you know if we will have a first dance even without a reception??

I just ran across this thread because I was wondering about make-up myself ... and I am too get married at CSA on 04/26/11!!! I have the 2:00pm slot booked. What ARE the chances lol. I was planning on doing my own make-up ... although I am not sure that I am going to do a good job. I am getting my hair done in salon at 10am. Oh, and I arrive on the 20th. After the dinner where are you guys planning on heading? I am going with 2 sets of friends but originally it was just supposed to be the 2 of us so they will be at the ceremony only.I have booked a private dinner just for us on the beach. CAN'T WAIT!!!! It is getting so close. have nothing planned after dinner so I was hoping just to head to one of the lounges to dance and hang out with people.
    Both of your wedding dresses are amazing!!!!

I'm going to do my own make up too. My wedding is at CSA on 03/21/11 at 11am. Just wanted to tell you guys that I had a MAC appointment last night, and the guy did an incredible job. He explained to me how to do my eye makeup, and I did it myself this morning. I did ALMOST as good as he did which is surprising because I definitely have no talent in the makeup application area. LOL But now I'm so excited. I really did like their products. So, of course I spend quite a bit of money. I'm just not sure I love the foundation he picked. It makes my face look a little red to me. It looked great in the store, but in the sunlight this morning, not so much. So, I may revert back to my Merle Norman foundation, but everything else I really like. I still have 9 more days until we leave for CSA and 12 more days to practice before the wedding! Wish me luck guys!!! :O)

Quote Originally Posted by klmurphy2005 View Post
    I'm going to do my own make up too. My wedding is at CSA on 03/21/11 at 11am. Just wanted to tell you guys that I had a MAC appointment last night, and the guy did an incredible job. He explained to me how to do my eye makeup, and I did it myself this morning. I did ALMOST as good as he did which is surprising because I definitely have no talent in the makeup application area. LOL But now I'm so excited. I really did like their products. So, of course I spend quite a bit of money. I'm just not sure I love the foundation he picked. It makes my face look a little red to me. It looked great in the store, but in the sunlight this morning, not so much. So, I may revert back to my Merle Norman foundation, but everything else I really like. I still have 9 more days until we leave for CSA and 12 more days to practice before the wedding! Wish me luck guys!!! :O)

Funny you wrote this because the MN foundation is the only one I still use since 1987, not the SAME ONE but you get my drift. I cannot change because I just think it looks flawless, but the other makeup I got was MAC also. Good luck and you will look great! Post PICS

Default Thanks!

Hi Ladies!
    Thanks so much for the reaassurance about the MAC counter! I am waiting a few weeks longer to get it done, since I've been tanning. I'm glad he took the time with you teach you how to apply! Just wondering if he recommended any kind of foundation primer? I'm wondering if it will be necessaary due to the heat?

Default Congrats!

[QUOTE=JonandDanielle;117176]I just ran across this thread because I was wondering about make-up myself ... and I am too get married at CSA on 04/26/11!!! I have the 2:00pm slot booked. What ARE the chances lol.

Congrats!!! Are you getting excited? I can hardly wait! It sounds like the two of us had similar situations. We were planning on just the two of us...but friends and family are now attending. We are doing the catamaran cruise with our guests and then Dan and I plan on doing a private dinner on the beach as well. It sounds so romantic. We should all head out for a few cocktails later that evening...it would be a blast.

We are SO excited and can't wait to go!! We should go out ... haha how great would that be,3 brides all in one place ~ sounds like a good party! Well if you arrive on the 21st, we will have been there 1 day already. I'm sure you'll see us around, I'm probably not going to be hard to miss .... I am or will be 5 1/2 months pregnant. We found out after we planned the wedding and we didn't want to cancel cause who knows when we'll be able to book it again.
    About make-up tho ... it sounds silly but I have found that you-tube is a really good source too!! I have been on there lots and I think I'm good ... although I was wondering about foundation too. The girl on "the make up chair" uses a lot of Rimmel?? I was going to maybe go and try some of that and see how that works out. I read that Merle Norman was good for foundations too?? I guess the trick is in the primer before you put anything on. That is what holds the make-up on all day. Even with the weather, you could bring some oil sheets to dab on during the day to soak up some of the oiler spots. That's what I am brining, so hopefully it works perfectly. Did any of you hire a photographer?

MAC does have a primer, and he did apply it before putting on the foundation. I use Arbonne primer though, and I LOVE it so much! Ever since I've started using it, my makeup has stayed on all day long no matter which kind I had. Also, I really loved the MAC paint that you put on your eyes before applying eye makeup. It has made my eye makeup stay perfect all day too!!! :O)

Photographers......we hired Stacey Clarke, and I am so excited to meet her. All the photos I've seen that she's done are amazing, and she has been so great to deal with. I also thought her price was very reasonable. :O)

Hey girls, why not make an appointment at the Couples salon once you're there. Then you can let them do a dry run on your hair and makeup. You can discuss what you like and/or don't like and preview it beforehand. This would lead to less stress the day of and you can book your time accordingly since they will have already done it once. I recommend taking pictures on your dry run day so you can review them. Good luck!!

Hey guys!
    I never even thought about checking out you tube for make-up info! What a great idea! I will be checking it out asaps! Thanks for the tip! Definitely planning on checking out a face and eye primer and have already invested in blotter sheets. We have booked Misha Earle for photography...I loved her website. She was a little expensive, but it was seriously my only splurge. My dress (which is above) is from JCrew and I got it on sale for like $80. I fell in love with it in a movie and kept an eye on the web for when it went on sale...lol. We should definitely meet up...3 brides out would be a riot! Congrats on your pregnancy...I'm sure you are so excited!

How did your search go? Try typing in "how to apply eyeshadow like a pro" you'll get the make up chair(that is where i ended up). On there she has lots of helpful tips and one of her posts is on bridal make-up. My dress.... well I originally got this really nice Satin dress off e-bay and well the growing belly made me change my mind on the dress. It doesn't hang very nice at all SO I ordered another one lol. Both of them were fairly cheap so that's alright - Hopefully I can re-sell the other dress on a local site here. We hired Stacey Clarke for pictures. I really did like Misha's site too, but after looking at all the posts i just went with Stacey. I'm sure they are all good tho. I was hoping that she would capture some pregnancy pics too ... might as well. It would be nice to head in the ocean for some hot pictures, but I want to wear my dress into the evening. Right now I'm just as excited for the wedding as I am going away to beautiful Jamaica!! I think the next 5 weeks are going to be slow

I can't believe it's almost time!!! I have been researching makeup artists in the area, however they are quite expensive to give makeup lessons. I think I will try the MAC and see what their prices are, or even try youtube. Due to my fiance's schedule, we are arriving on the 24th. Can't wait to meet you all!!

Hi Guys!
    So...I have officially become you-tube OBSESSED! I can't stop looking up make and hair ideas! Thanks so much! I feel much more confident. I am still going to hit up the MAC counter in a few weeks, I want to make sure I am buying the best formulas for the heat. Every time I walk into Sephora I go crazy! I figured at one make-up counter, I shouldn't be able to go too over board. I am greatly looking forward to meeting the both of you. I finally made my hair appointment for 8 am...and I am starting to narrow down song selection. Last thing on the list is to get the dress altered. Soon we will all be in paradise

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast