Thread: Long time ago

Default Long time ago

I know it was a long time ago but does anyone remember the Couples resort on St. Lucia Late 80's to early 90's?

Yes. It is now named "R....." - a web search will find it.
    We went awhile back and, while it was nice, have returned to Couples (in JA) many times since.

Couples Resorts have only had resorts in Jamaica.
    Irie Mon

At Last someone else remenbers this Resort I can't find anyone from Couples who seem to know this resort existed.As you can see from 2Nd post

Here is Picture of entranceName:  feb 1989.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  38.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by jon1963 View Post
    Couples Resorts have only had resorts in Jamaica.
    Several sites (including that of the St Lucia resort) state that the property in 1983 "took a franchise with the Couples chain of resorts" and that the franchise term ended in 1993.

On this message board (well, actually 2 incarnations ago) many people used to post about going to the former "Couples Resort" in St Lucia.

Admittedly, none of these is definitive proof that the information is reliable or that the mentioned "Couples franchise" was the same as Couples Resorts of the Issa's, but we've always been lead to believe that it was.

Quote Originally Posted by andyjam63 View Post
    Here is Picture of entranceName:  feb 1989.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  38.6 KB
    Well that certainly looks like the same Couples logo!

I'm trying to picture where that would have been. It looks like it was right next to the driveway. Was it at the end of the driveway that you turn into to enter the property off the public road?

Yes that was at the main entrance next to cemertary and the road at the end of the small airport. I see they changed the Logo since then.Will be going to Cn in apr.but these trips don't count as being a past guest to long ago I guess