Default CSA and privacy in certain room categories

Hi all,

So we're getting closer and closer to making a decision about which room category to book for our belated CSA honeymoon. That being said, I have a question about the rooms without glass in the windows. This includes the Beachfront Suites and the Atriums, and certain garden verandahs, right? Did I miss any?

For those of you who have been there and stayed in one of these glass-less rooms, I was just wondering how much privacy did you feel you had? Could you hear conversations going on in rooms around you? Could others hear you? Or see you?! And say, ah, you decided to entertain yourselves during an afternoon thunderstorm... is that private, and were there any issues about there NOT being glass and feeling uncomfortable?

I'm interested in the BFS or atrium category, but as you can see I'm kinda freaked out about the non-glass windows! As is my spouse... any info or reassurance you can give would be great, thanks.

I know some people will not agree with me, but I found the Atrium suits very noisy in that I felt like I was camping, and could hear everything going on outside. My hubby does not like the air conditioning on at night, so maybe this enhanced the situation. I am not saying it was terrible, just we never camp so we are not use to that much outside noise. I wear a sleep mask at night ( I have big sleeping problems), and at one point I asked my husband if he was walking to the bathroom, and he was not. It was someone outside. One night the couple beneath us, talked all night until past five, and we heard it all. It helped when we turned the air on. So yes the Atrium's can be noisy. Others have posted numerous times that they are quiet, and I wonder which suite they were staying in. As I said before, I think it helps if you keep the Air Conditioning on. This was my experience.

We had no issues at all...

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

The rooms in the Atrium and BFS are not really side by side so all you have to do is close the wooden shades and they will block out noise and any viewing. We've stayed in both in our stays at CSA and have never heard any noises except for maybe a tree frog or this year being on the first floor, heavy steps runny up the steps, otherwise no worrys mon!! Enjoy!

Hello. Lets just say when I went there I was freaked out at first about no glass hahah, We stayed in the BFS, we would shut the shutters in day to let the room get cool with AC. AT NO POINT did I feel like people could hear us. Now I wasnt screaming or yelling but regular conversation. You can hear at times people making love to be honest throughout the resort even if they have glass on there. hahahah but it was cute, not too often. I loveeeeeeedddd hearing the tree frogs at night in the BFS. Staying in the Atrium this June just to try something different, but still like the older section. Our room was ALWAYS cool and infact sometimes cold hahahahah. Dont worry. people leave people alone, you do your own thing and nobody can really hear what your doing hahahah. relax !

Quote Originally Posted by grayturtless View Post
    I know some people will not agree with me, but I found the Atrium suits very noisy in that I felt like I was camping, and could hear everything going on outside. My hubby does not like the air conditioning on at night, so maybe this enhanced the situation. I am not saying it was terrible, just we never camp so we are not use to that much outside noise. I wear a sleep mask at night ( I have big sleeping problems), and at one point I asked my husband if he was walking to the bathroom, and he was not. It was someone outside. One night the couple beneath us, talked all night until past five, and we heard it all. It helped when we turned the air on. So yes the Atrium's can be noisy. Others have posted numerous times that they are quiet, and I wonder which suite they were staying in. As I said before, I think it helps if you keep the Air Conditioning on. This was my experience.
    I think it depends on which ones you are in. There are two rows of Atriums and the ones towards the road are much noisier.

We stay in the row towards the beach if we can and it was very quiet but we were in one near the lobby once and it was slightly noisy.

The BFS that we had was VERY loud at all hours.

All of the GVS have glass now, the old Garden Suites did not but they added glass.

We have never had an issue with privacy in the room. When we were in a BFS people were constantly looking up onto the balcony while we were up there.

When I was there in '09 I stayed in the Atrium Suite and am looking at going back again this year. I wouldn't hesitate for one second to stay in the AS again! During the day everyone is busy doing whatever they are doing-beach stuff, spa stuff, eating, drinking, walking the beautiful resort, napping in the AC At no time did I feel a lack of privacy during the day.

At night the tree frogs pretty much drown out any other sounds you could possibly hear. One night out of 7 some people were walking around in the dark and seemed to be going pretty slow because I heard a fair amount of their conversation. I was just relaxing with a book so it didn't bother me.
    http://tinypic.com/a/19if6/3 - pix from CSA 8/18-8/25

Anyone know hat the best rooms are at swept away?

We stayed in a BFS in December; just to clarify, windows on one side of the room had glass and shutters, the other windows that faced the balcony and the inner courtyard area (no public access, just vegetation) had shutters. Only one night do I remember hearing a lot of noise outside from a group passing by. Definitely would love to have this type of room again.

If you want zero noise I would not suggest a BF or atrium room in the old section as you will hear noise at night. If you can tolerate (and enjoy) tree frogs or conversations as people pass by, you will be fine. I've been staying in both of those room categories since 1998 and have pretty much heard everything and none of it ever spoiled by vacation. One year we stayed in a BF in the new section and we felt closed off from the world which we actually didn't care for. Plus, we were happier without having the TV so available. It was like a force of habit in the newer rooms. As soon as we walked in the door, we turned the TV on. We kind of likebeing cut off from reality and so we really enjoyed the older section of rooms. They are MUCH larger than the new section, have bigger bathrooms, more closet space I think and huge balconies.

If privacy is what you're after, I would strongly suggest that you request a second floor room. That way you don't have people walking by. Other than that CSA does a great job of isolating each room from the others with flora.