Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default CSA Offsite Tours/Excursions

My boyfriend and I have just booked our first Jamaica and Couples trip in April. We are so excited and can't wait! From all the photos and message posts we've seen for CSA I'm sure we will find it hard to leave the resort. But, we were wondering if there are any great tours or excursions that we should consider doing. Is anything relatively close to the resort? We would hate to waste the day on traveling from one place to another. We want to soak up every single minute of this vacation! Thanks!

Hi everyone! It's been a few days since my original post and haven't gotten any bites yet. I'm hoping some of you CSA/Jamaica repeaters can help this newbie couple out and give some advice/tips on any special tours we should take while on our paradise vacation!

When we were there last time we did the zip lining tour which did drive about an hour or so more to get there. It was WELLLLL worth it but it did take away one day from spending on beach that day,I loved it though. We decided we would only do one excursion like that when we go there. We did go to Ricks cafe one evening and that was fun! Didnt take away from couples that day or night, it was only a few hours and we jumped off the cliffs which was an experience of a life time. They have lots of things to do but just remember most of the things do take time to get there and will waste your day at couples so plan on that.

Hi Elissa......can I get your personal email? We went to the local market for a shopping trip and to YS Falls and the Appleton Rum Factory!

Elissa,
    There are lots of tours and excursions offered @ CSA. It all depends on what you are looking for. Most of the tours, that I have found, tend to take too much time away from the resort, thus, we have hired a private driver in the past. One tour that we found interesting was the Mayfield Falls, more of a natural falls than Dunns River for sure.

If you hire a private driver, you don't have to waste time waiting on other folks etc. etc....Plus too you can plan a trip earlier and time it to be back within your means and not the resorts time table. Hope this helps.

They have a tour desk located @ the Great House with a listing of all the tours offered. If you like, send me a message and I'll send you my email with a good friend of ours that's been our driver for nearly 7 years now. He can take you on any tour/excursion that you like. Keep in mind too that there are other places to go other than the tours listed at the resort, but you would want a reputable/trusted driver. And ALWAYS negotiate a price before you enter someones taxi/private car!

Elissa,
    We just returned from Couples Negril, although not CSA I am sure since they are in the same general area they offer the same excursions. The only one I did was the Dolphin Cove. It was only about 45 minutes away in Lucea and was awesome. It has been a dream of mine to swim with dolphins though.

Here is a detailed account of Dolphin Cove Negril:

It was $175 for the full swim with two dolphins and then $25 for my husband to just get in the door (rip off). They picked us up at 9:30 a.m. and We picked up 11 more people from RIU on the way. When we got there they gave us an information session and the guy was great. Then we were divided into our groups as to what program we were in. There were 8 people in my group and the person who did the information session was with us in the water too. You get in the water and there are two dolphins in there and their trainer is on the dock. You start out all lined up, shoulder to shoulder and the dolphins swim under your hands. They are so soft. Then you go back along the sides of the dock – 4 on one side and 4 on the other. They call you out in the groups you came in (so I was by myself) and you get a good 5 minutes with the dolphin just lying in front of you to stroke them to look at them and to feel their heart beating. I asked a lot of questions about all of the marks on this dolphin and the guy was full of info – it was great. Then we got to go out one by one and the dolphins swam up behind me and I grabbed onto their dorsal fin and they swam away with me! I was amazed at how strong they were and how fast! It was awesome. Then we got to go further out and I had to lay on my stomach with my feet pointed down and the dolphins came up behind me and pushed my feet and pushed me through the water. Again amazing! After that we got to each dance with them while holding their fins. Very cool. They ended it with us having them swim under our hands again and then they jumped out of the water a few times. Awesome. They take pictures and video of the whole thing. My husband had to stay pretty far away – they don’t let anyone unless they paid down by the water. But he videotaped the whole thing. I did buy the disc with the pictures though. It was $70 for the disc and you get every picture they took of everyone. That would be a great deal if you had multiple people with you. They also had two sting rays there at a different part of the beach/Ocean area you could go touch and look at. The handler was very knowledgeable about them. I suppose that is what the $25 for my husband was – entrance to just watch me and then a few minutes with a sting ray. I thought that was pretty bad – I mean I could see $10 or something. I was nervous the bus would leave when we were with the sting rays as it did not seem like a lot of people knew about this. They had problems with our disc and it took forever to get it straight so the people were still waiting for us, I felt bad. We still got back around 1:30 or so.

this will be our third trip to couples but our first trip to the negril side of the island. My wife and i are looking for people to go on a trip to the pelican bar. google it. we think it looks like a good time. When are you arriving? we will be there the 20th thru the 28th.

Default Pelican Bar

I saw the Pelican Bar on the travel channel it looks amazing. We will be @ CSA April 21-28. Our wedding is on the 26th @ 10am. (Stop by...if you're around) We plan on doing dolphin cove, and instead of doing a ton of excursions...we are boking the private dinner on the beach. It looks amazing and I've heard that it is very romantic. I hope you have a great time!

Default CSA Offsite

Elissa; Great to hear your going off site on your first visit. There are many things to see, as well as people to meet, away from the resort. It was our second trip to CSA before we really experienced other parts of the island, and it's wonderful people, and food. We did a lot of research beforehand and found a great tour guide, for a great price. We've recommended them to several people with very positive feedback. If you interested you can email us. kengina5@yahoo.com
    Ken & Gina

When we went to CSA we were gone 6 out of 7 days. I was glad we did it because we didn't know if we would ever go back, but I dont recommend it! LOL
    We did the ATV excursion- THE BEST!!! It isn't a far drive at all. You get to ride the atv's up into the mountains and visit an old church and a school filled with kids! We loved it and would do it 1000 more times
    We did the horseback riding. It was your typical follow the leader stuff. I have my own so that doesn't really excite me. We did ride through the water but it wasn't a beach ride like I was hoping for. That is also very close, same place as the atv's actually just different trails.
    We did the Appleton rum/falls/black river tour- This was also a ton of fun. I wouldnt' do any one by itself because it is a far drive, but doing all three was great. It did take all day. The falls are great, you can go on a rope swing. The black river was really cool. They fed crocs and everything. My husband was the only one crazy enough to swim in that river. The rum tour, you go on the tour of the factory then at the end get to taste several different kinds of rum and visit the gift shop.
    We did the shopping tour,I did get a nice ring but would never do it again. You have your t-shirts and local vendors and things like that, then a nice mall at the end. I know they have to make a living but they were pushy.
    Hope that helps!! We went there in 2005 and went back to CSS 2010. I am sure other excursions are there but they have the desk you can go and sit at and ask questions and check it all out.

Enjoythebeach - would like the driver info. Is there a way to send a private message on the MB?

Does anyone know the approximate price of an excursion to Appleton?
    Will be at CN in 8 days.

Quote Originally Posted by vbos View Post
    this will be our third trip to couples but our first trip to the negril side of the island. My wife and i are looking for people to go on a trip to the pelican bar. google it. we think it looks like a good time. When are you arriving? we will be there the 20th thru the 28th.
    Looks like we will just miss you. We will be there April 28 - May 5. Hope you find someone to make a trip to Pelcian Bar with. It looks fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by DanandJill View Post
    I saw the Pelican Bar on the travel channel it looks amazing. We will be @ CSA April 21-28. Our wedding is on the 26th @ 10am. (Stop by...if you're around) We plan on doing dolphin cove, and instead of doing a ton of excursions...we are boking the private dinner on the beach. It looks amazing and I've heard that it is very romantic. I hope you have a great time!
    Looks like we will be arriving when you are leaving! Congrats on your upcoming wedding. A private dinner does sound romantic. Do you happen to know what the cost is?

My husband and i spent our honeymoon at CSA last year. Instead of leaving the resort we decided to have a private dinner on the beach. Well worth the money!!!!! The dinner starts around 7 or 730. You have several courses and are welcome to stay as long as you want under candlelight listening to the waves. You can pre reserve a dinner online or book at the concierge desk when you arrive. If you decide to do a off site tour book the first few days you are there they tend to fill up fast. There is a tour desk in the lobby of the Great House

Elissa..we will be there the same time as you!!!! We are traveling with another couple from Syracuse who has been to Couples numerous times so I am counting on them to show us the ropes and which offsite excursions to do. Hopefully we will meet you. Very excited. First time to Jamaica...actually out of the country!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shellij View Post
    Elissa..we will be there the same time as you!!!! We are traveling with another couple from Syracuse who has been to Couples numerous times so I am counting on them to show us the ropes and which offsite excursions to do. Hopefully we will meet you. Very excited. First time to Jamaica...actually out of the country!!!!
    Shellij - We are traveling from the Houston area. It will be our first time to Jamaica as well and my first time out of the country. We are in our early 30s. Wait, let me rephrase that... my boyfriend is 32 and I will be celebrating my 30th bday during our stay!

Hello all, My husband and I will be going to CN in 59 DAYS!!!!! We want to do the ATV tour. I saw in previous threads that you go to a school filled with kids. Are you allowed to bring some school supplies. If we can, what type of supplies should I bring? Thanks.
    One Love,
    Mya

When we did the ATV'S we got to go visit a little community and visit the kids while they were in class. No one on our tour had anything for the kids, I wish we had. I cannot tell you for sure if that is allowed or not. I would post a message for Randymon and see if he knows the policy. I know you can take supplies and they can get them to the schools, but taking them on the actually tour I am not 100% for sure. Really awesome idea though.

Default Rick's

Okay, I'm sure there might be a few gasps out there while you are reading this... but, remember we are newbies! Can someone fill me in on Rick's? Sounds like it may be a little bit of a tourist thing, but the sunset dinner and cliff jumping sounds like it could be fun. Is this something that gets set up at the CSA tour desk? How you do you get there from the resort? How far away is it? What's the average cost including transportation, food, drinks, etc? Any info would be appreciated.

I get criticized for saying this all the time but we love Ricks! Lol! Sure it is a typical crowded tourist spot with over priced food and drinks but IMHO the divers make up for all that! We sat there for 2 hours watching and never got bored! We are going back again in May!

Default Ricks Cafe

Elissa, We went to Ricks last time and omg it was fun to jump off cliffs and to watch them jump. We went to desk and paid I believe 15 bucks a person, and they allow you to be there I believe 3 hours or so. Bring your camera, sunset is so much fun and you get to see alot of boats come in to jump off cliffs.

I too agree, you should go to Rick's if you've never been. It's fun watching them dive. I would suggest having dinner at another location up on the cliffs if this is what you intend to do. There are wonderful/inexpensive restaurants located right around Rick's. LTU and Catcha Falling Star are two of our favs. Have fun!

Ellissa,
    We will be there until the 30 for our 3rd trip to CSA...Personally I would not recommend dolphin cove, it is a sad sad thing.
    Erika & Sean

We are hiring a local that my travel agent has used to take us to the Appleton Rum Tour and the YS Falls in March

Tammie & Mike
    CTI-Feb'08/CSA-Dec'08/CSA&CN-Mar'11
    CSS Mar'12/CSA Nov '12/CSA Dec '13/CSA Feb '15

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast