Default Considering CSS; Looking for tips

My husband and I are planning a trip to CSS. We would appreciate any tips in regard to the room choices, activities, etc. This will be our first time to CSS. We have stayed at CSA in the past. Any recommendations will be appreciated!

cherie - We have been to CSA twice, and CSS twice, with CSS being our favourite of any resort we've ever been to (going back for 10 days in April!). If you'd like, send us an e-mail to pellis4@cogeco.ca , and we'll send you all sorts of information about CSS, and some pictures from our 2 trips!
    (Karen&Paul)

Regarding room choices, I would say your choice is likely to depend on what drew you to CSS in the first place. The Beachfront Suites are very nice, close to the A/N Sunset Beach and the Main Beach/Pool. When we stayed near the beach, we didn't go up to the fitness facility or mineral pool much as the steps seemed all uphill! The last 2 years, we stayed in 1 Room Oceanview suites, which I absolutely adore. Spacious rooms, beautiful bathrooms (no jacuzzi tho'), lovely patios - perfect for the afternoon break from the beach. I love the steps and walking through the lush gardens going from the room to the beach & pool, and being closer to the fitness facility keep the amazing food from sticking with me too much!

From the message board, the reviews on the penthouse suites make me wish I had booked one of those instead, but the 1BR Ocean suite works for us. I recommended the Ocean Veranda to the couple traveling with us, as those are great rooms with a view as well. If you really don't plan to spend much time in your room or on a balcony, book the basic and you will still be happy.

Activities: If you are comfortable or want to take a step outside your usual pace, head over to SSB. Everyone says go early and you'll be glad you did. We're not really into the A/N, but love the watersports! Scuba, snorkeling, waterskiing, sailing, etc. If that's what you like to do, go over to watersports early on to get signed up for timeslots. Dunn's River is a must if you haven't done it, and depending on how long you have at the resort, you may want to limit your off-resort excursions. We're going for 7 days and will only do 2 excursions. The spa is fantastic, and the mineral pool is a quiet alternative to the lively main pool and swim-up bar.

It takes a little bit of time to figure out where you're going since the property is spread out, but around every corner you will find another amazing view or a hammock built for 2. Check out the schedule of activities in the brochure when you arrive and don't forget to relax and enjoy yourselves!

Default Go for the penthouse suite

We had ocean view and got upgraded to the penthouse suite. It is not much more expensive and the views are amazing. The suites are huge.