Thread: Orientation

Default Orientation

We will be CN in a couple of weeks and I was wondering if the Orientation is worth going to. I've been to quite a few orientations and some are worth it but more often than not, I don't find them very useful. For those of you that have attended the CN orientation, is it worth it? How long is it and when is it?

I've read that the orientation is critical. I had read this message board for about 6 months before we went and felt like I had a pretty good idea of most things. We got there too late in the day to catch the evening orientation and then in the morning took a walk around prior to the morning orientation and then decided not to do it. It is a good way to meet other new people though and a good way for someone to show you the resort. Since there is no hurry, it probably isn't a bad idea and it sounds like it would be fun anyway. See when you arrive and when you look around and make your own judgement.

I have never been to the CN orientation but we went to the CSA orientation during our first visit and I found it very helpful. We found out where everything is (bars, restaurants, pools, internet cafe, gym, etc) and we also met some fellow vacationers and some cool employees.

I'd say that the orientation at CN is worth it .... It's not long .... Maybe 30 minutes .... Everyday at 10:00 am & 5:00 pm. Saves time later wondering when or where something is & let's you know what all is available .... Our last trip to CN, I almost felt like we needed to take it even though we'd been several times before because it had been 3 years since our last visit there & things had changed some.
    Julie

We have been to Couples 5 times and have never done an orientation and we have been fine. We do check out the resort the first day and ask questions and have spent lots of time on the MB, so we really don't feel like we have missed anything. But many will say that the orientation is worth it. The one thing we didn't find out on the MB is that if you participate in the activities you get Couples Bucks that are then used for auctions that occur during different nights in the piano lounge. This is a lot of fun and we highly recommend it.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Yes, it is worth it. It takes about a half an hour (at CN) and is offered daily at 10am and 5pm.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

The orientation is well worth it at each of the Couples resorts we've visited. It lasts about an hour. At CN we attended the 10 AM one which helped us to know where everything was around the resort. I think there's another in the afternoon. It doesn't take a lot of time and it helps you to know where things are and get an inside scoop on things going on around the resort.

Bart & Bug

jc, before my first visit to CN, I STUDIED this message board and all the reviews on TA. I (thought) I was practically an expert. When we arrived, my boyfriend wanted to attend the orientation. I didn't think I would learn anything new, but I did - and it was well worth the 45 minutes we spent. There are many nooks and crannies throughout CN, which cause many things to be overlooked. The orientations are twice daily 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.