Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default CSA April 20-28.... Pelican bar anyone?

My wife and I are looking for people who want to share a taxi to pelican bar for a day trip. We heard it was not to be missed. This is our 3rd trip to Couples but our first to the Negril side. Anyone have a good driver they could recommend. Anyone know what a trip there runs? Thanks. Brian and Amy, Grand Rapids MI

I've been wanting to go for some time now. We get there april 23rd-30th. our 3rd trip to CSA. There are a few good tour companies like Talk of the Town tours. May be up for a ride down there

Erika & Sean.
    Erika & Sean

Hey Brian & Amy...

We live in Clare, Michigan good to see another couple from Michgan. Check out the "April Team CSA" Thead, lots of repeaters that might want to go there. We will be there from April 16-30 hope to meet both of you.

Just 97 days til CSA!!!

Chris & Paul

Just got a quote to go to the Pelican Bar and stop at Ricks on the way back. It was 60 dollars per person and that included the boat ride out there. Im not sure if this is a good price or not.

No offense and just my opinion, Ricks is an overpriced tourist trap. You can see the cliff divers on th cat cruise.
    Erika & Sean

We leave for CSA in 3 days - but had friends who went in December and used Rocky's Tours for the trip to the Pelican Bar - I want to say they said it was $40 and Rocky was fabulous! I think you can find his info on one of the Negril websites.

Hey Brian and Amy, we are headed to CSA March 19th thru 26th. We would be up for going there and sharing a ride. We wanted to check that place out also. We have never been to Jamaica so are looking forward to doing a lot of fun stuff. We are from southern Minnesota.

We are the ones Lindenanne mentioned..

http://picasaweb.google.com/mandolin...eat=directlink

BEST day EVER!! I am not kidding.

We had five people and it was $40 each for the van and $10 each for the boat. We stayed out at the PB all day and spent about $50 each. We drank a bunch of Redstripes, and had 4 lobster dinners and two fish dinners. I would do it all again in a heart beat. In fact, we will in December!

Email me at Mandolin.Jeff at Gmail and I'll pass on info I found while researching the trip. I have contact info for several good drivers.

Has anyone else been to the Pelican bar? Is that where you guys took that day trip? It sounds like fun to me. Let me know your thoughts.

Jeff, I got a quote from Rocky. Its good to hear that he is a good guide. I have a couple quotes and his looks the best. Jaybird, you put that your going to be there March 19-26. is this correct? If so we will miss each other by a month... to bad it looks like it will be a good trip, hope you make it out there while your there. If so let me know what you thought. I know Ricks is over priced, but its like Dunns river... it was cool to do it once but no intrest in doing it again. I just thought we could end the day with a stop in there to see the place once and get some pics. Less then 100 days, let the real countdown begin. CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

Brianleslie- I went with Jeff (Spiff542). My wife just wanted to stay on the beach, so Jeff and his group were kind enough to invite me along.

We had planned on doing the Appleton Rum tour, but once we got to the Pelican Bar we all decided that it would be more fun just to hang out and enjoy a few more Red Stripes!!

It takes them a fairly long time to prepare lunch. When we arrived, about 11 am, they had the lobster and freshly caught fish. If you look at Jeff's pictures you will see another couple holding the lobster. I thought that they would just grill everything. Wrong. They go to great lengths. They make the lobster into a type of stew with vegetables and rice. Everything was very tasty.

All of the water around the bar is only about 3-4 feet deep. We stood out on the sand bar, had a few drinks and talked. Your boat driver and the other workers, boat drivers, etc... all hang out with you.

There is a little bar at Basil's landing. After we got back to our car we hung out there for a couple of more beers.

Our driver stopped in a little town on the way back. We had a couple of drinks and used the bathroom and then continued back to CSA. It was a very relaxing, fun day. I would go again.

Yazmon... We did have a good time. It was one of the most fun days I've ever spent in Jamaica.

Anyone else have any pics of the pelican bar? Still think this looks like a great time. 86 days!!!!!

Default Pelican Pics

Here are a couple of pics
    Attached Images Attached Images          

How long is the ride from CSA?

I think it was 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Distance wise it's not real far, but most of the time you are going 30 MPH or slower. Think of a narrow county black top road, about 1 1/2 lanes wide. Throw in goats, cows, people on bikes, and semi trucks all trying to miss the potholes.

It was a fun ride. You get to see a lot of the country side.

I cant wait to go there! it looks so much fun. Where else are you going to find a bar in the middle of the ocean? We usually like just chilling on the beach but this looks like a once in a lifetime place to visit. Who knows if it will still be there next year.... with mother nature and all. 80 days and a wakeup to go.

Hi EinWI, my wife and I will be traveling to CSA on April 23rd also. Are you flying out of O'Hare? Maybe we can meet up for a pre-flight cocktail.

Man that place in the pics looks AWESOME. I cant believe it is still standing and hasnt gotten taken out by a wave. I want to go there so i hope to find a few couples who want to share the ride over there for a day and do some sight seeing along the way and have that relaxing fun day that YAZMON had. Really makes it sound like a great day!! So any takers while we are there we will be in for sure!!

Don,
    Yes we are flying out of ord nonstop on American.
    Erika & Sean

Hi E, we are flying United I believe. Depart 9:45 Arrive 1:45 Can't wait. Maybe we will run into you.

jaybird,
    we already have one other couple for sure. So if you in that makes 3 of us so far. We are thinking the 23rd. If that sound good to you we will count you in. The more the people the better. Let me know if that works for you.

Don, our pic is on team April thread
    Erika & Sean

Nice picture. I will wear Packer Superbowl garb. That way you will notice me and my wife. It won't be long now.

Quote Originally Posted by vbos View Post
    jaybird,
    we already have one other couple for sure. So if you in that makes 3 of us so far. We are thinking the 23rd. If that sound good to you we will count you in. The more the people the better. Let me know if that works for you.
    Hey VBOS, i would love to go with you guys, i mean WE, but i guess your right, you are going to be there a month after us. We are going to be the in March. I will have to find some other couples to get drunk with. sorry, but if i am wrong, count us in for sure!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast