Default Couples Negril Questions for those who might know.

Any help appreciated on the following things. Thanks much!

1) I don't see much info about the tennis program at CN. I know it is bigger and more active at CSA, but what is the tennis program like at CN? Can you sign up for included private lessons? Group lessons? Are there weekly tournaments? Are the tennis activities well attended most weeks?

2) What are the major differences between the Garden Deluxe and the Garden Suite? Is it worth the price difference? (subjective I know, but your views and experience may help us decide what we want)

3) Golfers... I have played Negril Hills a number of times, but always with my own clubs. I may not bring them to CN this time and am wondering about the cost of renting clubs and the quality of those clubs. Any info on that?

Thanks very much!

You can sign up for included private lessons and group lessons.We have been there six times and have never seen much tennis activity.The good part is we always can get a court to play on.

The garden suite is much bigger than the garden view. (bathroom is very big with a great tub.) But we like the garden view room very much and always get it, and like saving the money

Any help appreciated on the following things. Thanks much!

1) I don't see much info about the tennis program at CN. I know it is bigger and more active at CSA, but what is the tennis program like at CN? Can you sign up for included private lessons? Group lessons? Are there weekly tournaments? Are the tennis activities well attended most weeks?

2) What are the major differences between the Garden Deluxe and the Garden Suite? Is it worth the price difference? (subjective I know, but your views and experience may help us decide what we want)IMHO, the major difference is in the price. I think the garden deluxe, the oceanview and beachfront all have the same room layout. The garden suites are on the ends of most buildings, have a sitting area as well as a bedroom, have a double-sized balcony with a hammock, and the bathroom is much larger. If you look at the panoramic view of the rooms, they are very realistic. I think those who stay in the suites also get an appetizer delivered to their rooms each afternoon. IMHO, if I had the choice to stay an extra day or have a suite, I would choose the extra stay.

3) Golfers... I have played Negril Hills a number of times, but always with my own clubs. I may not bring them to CN this time and am wondering about the cost of renting clubs and the quality of those clubs. Any info on that?

Thanks very much!

I don't play golf or tennis so I can't answer those questions, but I can answer the one about the rooms. All rooms except for suites are exactly the same at CN. The only difference is the view. The suites are the size of two regular rooms. The view from a garden room or garden suite is the same, but a suite has a hammock on the patio. If you are wanting to upgrade from a garden room, I would go with a ocean view or beach view before upgrading to a suite.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    . . . What are the major differences between the Garden Deluxe and the Garden Suite? . . . .
    The garden, ocean, and beachfront rooms are identical inside, as are the garden and beachfront suites. The difference between rooms is the location.

The differences between the rooms and the suites that come to mind are: (1) suites are the size of two rooms; (2) suites have a large bathroom with a spa tub, separate shower, and a double vanity, whereas rooms have a standard bathroom with a combination shower/tub and a single sink; (3) suites have a larger balcony with a hammock; (4) in-suite dining is an additional dinner option for guests staying in suites; (5) suites have a sitting area; (6) hors d'oeuvres are delivered to guests staying the suites in the late afternoon/early evening each day.

There are only 6 garden suites; they are located at one end of Buildings 8 and 9 on each of the three floors. There are 12 beachfront suites; they are the one room closest to the beach on each of the three floors of Buildings 1, 5, 6, and 9.
    Last edited by Pamela; January 12th, 2011 at 09:19 AM.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Thanks for the input! I am also replying to my own thread to 'bump it back up' in the hopes of getting some more info about the tennis program at Couples Negril. I certainly don't expect it to be as active or organized as CSA's but I was hoping it would not be a dead zone as far as participation in clinics and round robin play for fun.
    Any more info on the tennis program would be much appreciated!