Default Diet soft drinks - suggestions for no sugar cocktails

We loved CN last January and we will be there again this Jan/early Feb. I remember though that my hubby had a difficult time the first part of the week finding drinks that weren't overly sweet - most items the bartenders suggested still had simple syrup/grenadine, etc..... Can anyone confirm what diet drinks (or non sweetened drinks - i.e.; club soda?) are available at CSS and CN? (We'll be at CSS for a week starting Jan 22 and then a week at CN) Can't wait!!

If anyone has any great drink suggestions that would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ting and vodka. Actually, Ting and anyting is good(sorry, I just couldn't resist). I don't think it's sugar free though.

How about Absolute with 1/2 part Ting or Grapefruit juice and 1/2 part tonic or seltzer. I like the drinks, but yes the sweetness gets to you after a while. Also how about Appleton VX and diet pepsi.

I saw a post a while ago about how someone would bring crystal light packets and drink that with vodka or whatever else seemed like it would taste good. I'm not a big gin fan but that might work well with some flavors. Rum would be good too. You could make a modified Long Island Iced Tea with Diet Pepsi and Crystal Light lemon or limeade.

I need to watch my sugar intake as well. Last year at CSS, I had vodka (Skyy), water and a splash of pineapple juice. Made me feel like I was having something tropical, and no hangover because there was very little sugar. We did have diet Coke in our mini bar fridge, again to have rum or vodka and water with a splash of diet. I order all drinks with water and then add a splash of something for some flavour.

Are you looking for something that doesn't taste sweet or are you needing to avoid sugar due to diabetes or something like that?

BEER!
    It is proof that God loves us!

Vodka Slush... Vodka, Ice, Club Soda, Lime. No sugar (except whatever is in the vodka ofcourse....) and very refreshing on a hot day!

Bloody Mary is always a good choice too!

Roy

I'm not a big fan of sweet or sugary drinks, especially when involving alcohol. They make me sick! Anyways, I drank bloody mary's almost the entire time we were at CSA. They were soooo good. I think they put jerk sauce in their mix. Fantastic, not sweet, and one of the healthier alcoholic options.

I requested a bottle of Appleton and some club soda for our mini-bar - I love that combo, and it's also good with just a splash of cranberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-n-Lisa View Post
    BEER!
    It is proof that God loves us!
    AMEN can I have another AMEN!!!!!

Melody -we're just trying to avoid the sweetness. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    Are you looking for something that doesn't taste sweet or are you needing to avoid sugar due to diabetes or something like that?

Thanks for all the suggestions and pointers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brenda and Ken View Post
    Melody -we're just trying to avoid the sweetness. Thanks.
    I see. That might even be a harder task than avoiding sugar! I can think of plenty of things that diabetics can drink but still taste sweet. Finding something that isn't sweet is fairly tough! All I can think of aside from using seltzer water is a bloody mary. Surely there must be something else though. Maybe you can just do shots the whole time! lol