Default CSS-Size of Verandahs in 1BR Ocean Ste. & 1BR Bchfrnt Ste.

Having trouble deciphering photos of rooms. I assume both 1BR Ocean Suites and 1BR Beachfront Suites both have separate sitting rooms and verandahs, but we can't tell the verandah sizes for each of them and what furniture they have. Also, are the views from the 1BR Ocean Suites good or are they blocked by trees?

We love this message board!! We've learned so much from everyone! Thanks for the help!

Here's a look at our balcony B-36 on the corner.
    Mike & Martha

CSS 2010, 2013, 2014
    CTI 2011
    CN 2012

1 BR Ocean Suites have a much larger verandah than the 1 BR Beachfront Suites. Beachfronts have a table and chairs and not much room while the Ocean Suites have a table with chairs and a lounger. There may be some vegetation between your room and the ocean in an Ocean Suite but nothing that'll block your view of the ocean. The Beachfront have separate sitting rooms while the Ocean Suite have one room with a sitting area. We've been there 3 times and have stayed in the Ocean Suite twice and the Beachfront on our last visit and would choose the Ocean Suite over the Beachfront any day. We prefer a large balcony and beautiful view to the separate bedroom/sitting room and jacuzzi. Hope this helps!

Bart & Bug

The two do not compare! The 1 BR Ocean Suites have huge balconies w/ a table and chairs and usually a pair of oversized loungers. Views vary by building, but all face the ocean. We always stay in G block, which has fabulous ocean views. We were ugraded to a BFS once. We took one look and declined. Lovely rooms & very convenient to the beach etc, but the balcony was too small for our taste.

The 1 BR beachfront suites have a small balcony just large enough for two regular chairs and a small table. Most have a nice view of the ocean and main beach but some are partially blocked by trees. The 1 BR Ocean suites are located on the cliffs and their views will vary based on the buildings that they are in, some will have fantastic views of the ocean and other will be partially blocked by trees. The balconies are usually much larger than the ones in the beachfront rooms and many contain 2 lounge chairs along with the 2 regular chairs and table.
    FONT="Verdana"]David and Jeanette, Nova Scotia[/FONT][/FONT]

Thanks everyone.
    Bart and Bug, are you saying there isn't a separate BR and sitting room in the One BR Ocean Suite? It's just a large bedroom? Can you watch TV on a couch or chairs, or are you stuck lying on the bed to watch TV? I also love a larger verandah and if it's overlooking the ocean, well that's heaven!

randijean46,

Correct. It's one room with a sitting area. We had a couch along the foot of the bed facing the flatscreen TV on the wall. We almost never watched it though. We loved the large balcony and the view of the ocean! It was great to have breakfast out there and enjoy some relaxing time together each morning.

Hope you enjoy your visit there!

Bart & Bug

Just to warn you. Some of the Ocean Suites have the smaller balcony. Mostly I believe those in D block. We had the one bedroom ocean suite the first year we went to CSS and were in D block. I initially was a little disappointed in the balcony because I thought it would be a little larger, and we had the smaller one. I did question them at the front desk, and yes we were in a one bedroom ocean. However, the location of being in the D block was great. It was more central to everything, and yet on the cliff. So, if you end up in D the balcony may be a smaller one.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Bart and Bug View Post
    randijean46,

Correct. It's one room with a sitting area. We had a couch along the foot of the bed facing the flatscreen TV on the wall. We almost never watched it though. We loved the large balcony and the view of the ocean! It was great to have breakfast out there and enjoy some relaxing time together each morning.

Hope you enjoy your visit there!

Bart & Bug
    So what is the difference between the One bedroom Ocean suite and the Deluxe Ocean Suite. I booked a One Bedroom Ocean Suite for the balcony, separate living room and the nice view but it seems like I should have just saved some money and gotten the Deluxe Ocean Suite. The photos make it seem like there is an extra room but maybe that is only in a few of the rooms and most of them are one big room?

Default Beachfront Ste.

My wife and I stayed at CSS in 2002 before Couples bought it. The Beachfront Ste. had 1 bedroom, big bathroom and a separate living room/sitting room. We were very impressed then. Since Couples owns it now it must be just as nice.

melody,

Can't say as we've only stayed in a One Bedroom Suite (x2), Penthouse (x1) and Beachfront Suite (x1). Not sure if there are One Bedroom Suites with more than one room. Just know the one in G-block we stayed in had one large room. It had a wonderful balcony and view and was the second best room type we've stayed in (only to the Penthouse). Hope someone else can answer your question. Enjoy your stay in whichever room catagory you end up in.

Bart & Bug

All three of the One bedroom Ocean Suites I have stayed in have been two seperate rooms. Large rooms. G-14 even had a long hallway seperating the two rooms. We have only stayed in building G. All three living areas were as big if not bigger than my living room at home. They had a couch, two chairs, coffee table, a couple of small tables plus the bar. The sitting room in them is much larger than. The sitting room in the beachfront rooms.

The beachfront rooms are all the same. The One bedroom Ocean Suites have different layouts. The Verandah rooms are one big room from what i have seen.

We always stay in the One bedroom Ocean Suites because a seperate living area is a must for me.

Thank you Hawgfan!!! The fact that the 1 BR Ocean Suites have different layouts(who knew) is what was throwing me off! I've seen two different layouts and couldn't figure it out! lol Because if you click on View Room under One BR.Oc.Stes., it shows a bedroom, and a hallway with another room at the end of it, but another guest's own shots showed the other layout. Very confusing. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Bart and Bug View Post
    melody,

Can't say as we've only stayed in a One Bedroom Suite (x2), Penthouse (x1) and Beachfront Suite (x1). Not sure if there are One Bedroom Suites with more than one room. Just know the one in G-block we stayed in had one large room. It had a wonderful balcony and view and was the second best room type we've stayed in (only to the Penthouse). Hope someone else can answer your question. Enjoy your stay in whichever room catagory you end up in.

Bart & Bug
    That's so weird. I swore that in the description they say it has more than one room but now I am afraid that is incorrect.

I think Hawgfan figured out the mystery...different layouts.

We just got back. We stayed in a Deluxe Ocean Verandah in G block - G15a. Even though it was just one room with not much seating inside, we had an enormous verandah with a table and 4 chairs, single lounger, sofa and 2 coffee tables. It was right at the top floor. We had an amazing panoramic view over the resort and bay. So you don't neccessarily have to have a separate bedroom to get a big verandah.