Default CSS spa treatments

Last year when we were at CSS, I thought they offered hot stone treatments at the spa. The spa menu online doesn't show that they offer that anymore and I'm curious whether anyone has had that at CSS recently or if they've discontinued that. Thanks!

Yes, they still have hot stone treatments, it's just not on their menu, they told us they were redoing the menus, not sure if this has been done yet or not.
    (Karen&Paul)

They do have it. We each had one in December. It was $150 each. It is very nice. The wife said it was a little "rough" for her but I thought it felt good.

We added hot stones to our couples massages in November. Heaven!

The hot-stones are offered as an add-on to the massages. They are not listed in the brochure, but when you book your massage you can add them on for an additional fee. My husband did this for his half of the couples massage. He said they were wonderful!

lekkcl
    We just returned from CSS last month and it was still available then, in fact we upgraded our 30 minute complementary (romance rewards program)couples massage to include the hot stones it was very nice. This was the second time that we had saved our 30 minute treatment until our departure day and it certainly puts you in a relaxed mode for your trip back to the airport
    FONT="Verdana"]David and Jeanette, Nova Scotia[/FONT][/FONT]

Default hot stone massage

Last year when we were there the hot stone massage wasn't on the brochure but at the spa they offered it. I hope this is the case this year because we plan to do this.

Thanks everyone! In general, most of their massages feel a little "rough" or fast to me, too. We did the couples massage last year and it almost felt like they were racing to see who could finish first. I have to say that I really didn't like it, but I guess I'm just used to the type of massage I get at home. So I was looking at other spa options to use up our rewards credits.

I didn't realize that they massaged you with the hot stones as opposed to just placing them on your skin. I'll have to think about this one because if it's rough, that might be unpleasant. And I get the impression that if you asked the ladies to change the way they normally do their massage they might take offense at that. I brought my own massage lotion last year because I have sensitive skin and they just sort of laughed at me. In the end, they used so much of it because it was a different consistency than the oils they use that I was ultimately still completely covered in the stuff. So I'm kind of disappointed that the hot stones only come as an add on to the massages.

Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by lekkcl View Post
    I didn't realize that they massaged you with the hot stones as opposed to just placing them on your skin. I'll have to think about this one because if it's rough, that might be unpleasant. So I'm kind of disappointed that the hot stones only come as an add on to the massages.

Thanks for the info!
    They do offer a hot stone massage that is not considered an add on. My wife thought it was rough. I didn't think it was that bad. They do actually hold the stones while doing the massage. They don't just lay them on you. I didn't get the feeling they were rushing. Maybe different ladies do it different.

We just had the hot stone massage at CSS. I prefer a light massage while my husband likes them to get right into his muscles and work him over. We just let them know what we liked (it's actually on the questionaire you fill out first) and both of us got what we wanted. I actually found the stones not rough because they are large and smooth, as opposed to fingers that tend to pry inbetween your muscles. I also enjoyed the warmth of the stones. Add to that the sounds of the waves crashing below you and the experience was heaven. So much so we booked a second treatment for our anniversary and did a 2 hour one with a seaweed wrap as well, which they recommended for my stiffer muscles. That was very nice as well and left my skin feeling so soft.
    We're not at all the spa types usually but now I am hooked. I had Simone both times and hubby had Thelma. They were both awesome.
    So try the hot stone massage but just tell them you like a more gentle massage. They won't be offended. They aim to please!