Thread: Tim Air

Default Tim Air

Thinking of taking tim air to csa negril from montego bay any thoughts

We have taken both Tim Air and the free van. Believe me you do not save anytime because of all the transfering to the Tim air plane
    To me it is not worth the money

Just my opinion

We used them on our way back to Montego from Negril. Was easy to deal with, couple of emails! We had one concern, and while in Negril they phoned us at CSA and set everything straight!
    If you can, I recommend TimAir!

We always take the shuttle to Couples and take Timair back. The shuttle gives you a chance to see the country. Taking Timair back to Mobay means being able to spend a couple more hours at Couples. It's also a great way to see Jamaica from a birds eye view. Well worth it for both of those reasons.

does anyone know how much it cost to take tim air from CSA to Montego bay airport.

We took TimAir for the first time last January. Prior to that, we had always taken the Couples van/bus to and from CSA (or CSS). The current R/T price from MoBay to Negril is $210/per person. You may also want to tip the various TimAir baggage handlers and the pilot.

I thought that everyone at TimAir was professional, and the thrill of seeing my husband in the copilot's seat next to Curtis (our pilot) was priceless. The view is beautiful, too.

However, it does not save you a bunch of time. But it was awfully nice not having to take the "goodbye bus" on the way back to MoBay. On the day of departure we got nearly two additional hours at the resort. I know, that's a lot of money for 2 hours, but it enabled us to relax during the morning, have a leisurely checkout, stroll the beach and have lunch at SeaGrapes (and a few cocktails) prior to leaving for the Negril airstrip.

If this is your first tip to Jamaica take the shuttle to really see the country side and the people. Other than that Tim Air is fantastic!!

We had Curtis as our pilot (not sure if he is still with them, I heard on here he might be leaving) anyway the process was easy and saved us a ton of time. We flew from Mobay to CN. From the time we landed in Mobay to the time we landed across the street from CN was 1 1/2 hours total.

We checked in with the Couples lounge had a beer and off to the TimAir desk we went. This was a year ago and they were in the old terminal i think they are in the main terminal now so its even easier and faster from what i've read. We paid for our flight at the TimAir desk and were taken to the plane.

Curtis did a great job of pointing out some local landmarks and points of interest. When we landed Curtis said he would call CN for a shuttle or we could take a cab that was waiting. i thought this was odd at first but we found out later CN won't let you "walk in". This might have changed by now so check. The cab driver didn't charge us but we tipped him for having to load my wife's luggage If you would like to see photo's feel free to email me iahawks_rule@yahoo.com

I've spoke to alot of repeaters that take it back to Mobay so they don't have to leave the resort as early as the bus does.

Two years ago we took Tim Air from Ocho Rios to Negril. Yes it was expensive but it was our excursion for the trip. It was fun and interesting to see so much of the island so quickly. It was a great flight.

We were looking for another couple to fly from Ocho Rios to Negril February 20th. If anyone is looking at trading places CTI or CSS to CSA or CN maybe we could share a flight. As others have said a birds eye view is a great way to see the Jamaica.

Love Tim Air!! The scenery is amazing! Curtis, the pilot, is entertaining, and we get to the resort an hour ahead of the bus. We were on the plane within minutes of departing from the Couples lounge at the airport. Our return trip went smoothly; we had an extra 2 hours to spend on the beach that day. It's just part of the adventure! How much is an hour in paradise worth? To us - it's worth it! Go for it- you won't be disappointed.

Jan

Hello, my husband and I take Timair to CN. We just cant wait to get there and the views are incredible!!
    One Love,
    Mya

Default Timair company is wonderful

The first two times we went to Couples Negril we took the shuttle. The first time it was okay seeing the countryside but, we never liked the long ride to the resort. This year we returned back to Couples Negril for our third trip. We have heard so many wonderful reviews on Timair that we decided to fly round trip from Montego Bay to Negril. We had the reservations set up about a month ahead of time which includes all of your flight information and your requested time out of Montego Bay so they can have the airplane ready to go.

The time we got through customs we were about 10 minutes late. There waiting for us with a TimAir sign was the representative. We quickly checked into couples lounge and since I also had emailed couples resort ahead of time, they were aware that we were taking TimAir flight instead of the shuttle. We were quickly on our way to the Timair counter to pay and go through a quick security check and out to our plane. If you can afford the extra money for Timair flights. It is so worth it!! We didn't realize until we got up in the air how much of the pretty countryside you really miss when you travel by land in the shuttle.

The Timair company is wonderful to deal with and our pilot Curtis was very caring with me as I was a touch nervous flying in a small plane. He checked with me a couple times to make sure I was okay. Once we got in the air, we were truly amazed at the views in which we missed taking the shuttle. We landed in Montego Bay via American Airlines and were at Couples Negril resort via Timair in about a hour after landing. Also, on our return, it gave us at least two hours at the resort to relax and enjoy every last minute of the trip. We have decided that from now on, this is the only way we go to Negril is by flying there on Timair. You really can't beat a 15 minute flight to a resort. I'm not sure how long it takes to get to the CSA resort, but I would really give it some thoughts. Good luck with your decision.

We took the shuttle to the resort from Montego Bay and TimAir back when we left. I'd do it that way again for sure.

We happened to have a bad experience on our trip to CSA due to a combo of a rain storm and arriving at rush hour so our trip to CSA was easily 2 hours which tempts us to do TimAir both ways next time but we do realize tihs was a fluke. If we could only afford TimAir one way we would absolutely do it on the return trip. The reason is that they will have your shuttle leaving a good 3-4 hours before your flight time. If you take TimAir the airstrip is literally a 5 minute drive up the road from CSA and the flight is 10-15 minutes. The TimAir folks will deliver you and your bags directly to your airlines check-in desk at the terminal upon landing in Montego Bay. Taking TimAir will on the return trip will literally save you hours at the resort.

Also check with TimAir about sharing a plane with other people. Curtis had mentioned that if a group arrived around the same time they would just put everyone they could on the larger of their planes. The cost last Dec. was $105/person one way.

Quote Originally Posted by sherrynchuck View Post
    The reason is that they will have your shuttle leaving a good 3-4 hours before your flight time.
    Is there just one shuttle a day that goes, or do just allow extra time? We're hoping to book within the next day and are looking at a 3pm vs. a 12:40 flight; what time would we have to leave the resort for either of those flights?

Is there just one shuttle a day that goes, or do just allow extra time? We're hoping to book within the next day and are looking at a 3pm vs. a 12:40 flight; what time would we have to leave the resort for either of those flights?
    I'm not positive but I doubt that they only have one shuttle a day from the resort to the airport. I'm sure they try to get as many people on the shuttle as possible in order to keep the amount of shuttles per day to a minimum though. Last year at CSA, I had booked Timair for our return to Mobay a couple months before our trip. I let them know this when we checked in but we received a notice on our last night that we needed our bags set out by 7:00 AM and that the shuttle was leaving at 9:00 AM. This was for a 4:40 PM flight. We would have been at the airport for about 6 hours before our flight took off. The flight was delayed for 2 hours so we were looking at 8 hours at good ol' Sangster. I went down to the front desk and got it straightened out right away. We left CSA at 1:45 PM for our 2:00 PM Timair flight to Sangster. That gave us almost 5 more hours at CSA. Time for a nice breakfast and a couple of hours on the beach. To us it's well worth the $105 PP to fly Timair back to Sangster. I would take the 3:00 flight. More time to spend at Couples!!
    Hope this helps and have a great time!!

Cambed - they have numerous shuttles leaving throughout the course of the day - it is all arranged around the departing flights. We usually take a 3:00 or 3:30 return flight, and the shuttle always leaves between 11:00 and 11:15. For a 12:40 flight, expect the shuttle to leave around 8:00 a.m. Again, they take no risk that they will not get you back to the airport in time to make your flight.

Default International Airlink!!! WOW

I hope it is not a typo... but the new company Randymon posted information on is charging only $150 round trip to Negril's Aerodome!

That's LESS than Timair, and just made our mind up!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-n-Lisa View Post
    I hope it is not a typo... but the new company Randymon posted information on is charging only $150 round trip to Negril's Aerodome!

That's LESS than Timair, and just made our mind up!

The price is less but it is scheduled flights whereas TimAir is charter flights.

It only works for those whose arrivals in MBJ match the flights to Negril.