Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Tower Island Islander flag

I am pretty sure that in the NEW CTI pictures on their website, you can see the Islander flag flying from the Tower. Pretty cool!

That's cool. I hadn't noticed when I looked at the new pictures. Good catch Amy.

I just double-checked and it's picture #24.

Where are you seeing the new pictures? All I see are the temporary ones that are up until they post the new pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    Where are you seeing the new pictures? All I see are the temporary ones that are up until they post the new pictures.
    http://www.couples.com/11or/index.html and it is photo #24.

We were there earlier this month and the 'Islander' flag was not flying. They just had the Jamaican flag up there.

Quote Originally Posted by kbd View Post
    We were there earlier this month and the 'Islander' flag was not flying. They just had the Jamaican flag up there.
    There were no "Islanders" there.

I was there in May while Fred and Cynthia were there. From what I understood the flags were Fred's.

Thanks Jeff ~ I see they are up now. I think my brower was cashed and wasn't bringing up the new site.

Quote Originally Posted by dondonntx View Post
    I was there in May while Fred and Cynthia were there. From what I understood the flags were Fred's.
    You would be correct on that. They bring them every time they visit CTI. There is a group that tends to always show up in Feb and October of the same people who all hang out on the island, thus the Islanders. You just got lucky dondontx, they couldnt wait to check out the renovations. Im planning on joining the club next year in Oct as we had to postpone until Nov this year.

Default You sure right

Lucky for sure. I loved the two of them. Just doesn't get any better than them. I was so excited to meet them. I was star struck. lol I am planning to be there in February while they are there. Hopefully, I will officially be an islander myself lol

We were lucky enough to meet them at CN last Oct when CTI was being refurbed. They are the reason we are going to CTI this year.

Default oct.

when in oct.will they be there?????????????

Quote Originally Posted by scross8305 View Post
    We were lucky enough to meet them at CN last Oct when CTI was being refurbed. They are the reason we are going to CTI this year.
    They are really great people. You will love CTI. It is all you have heard and soooo much more. We are going back in Feb 2010. Can't wait for relaxn on the Island.

Quote Originally Posted by POPO View Post
    when in oct.will they be there?????????????
    Second -third week of October pretty much. My anniversary is the 13th and I think that is a day or two off of theirs.

Default Islander flags

Technically speaking the flags are Cynthia's. Fred only puts them up and down. The Islander flag tradition started way back in the early 80's when we started going to couples in 1982. It was on one of our next trips when we had met up with friends met previously on TI that Cynthia said we should name the group the Islanders. (for obvious reasons). We do fly the flags when we are there. I looked at the pictures on the CTI web site. The big blue islander flag is obvious in most of the daytime pics but the smaller yellow and black flag underneath is also visible in a couple of the pics. Free drinks to the first person who can tell what is on that flag.

By the way Cynthia likes this message board so much because it makes her homesick sooo....a couple weeks ago we booked for July20 - 27. Hope to see some of you on TI.

Fred and Cynthia

Its the old CTI logo of the lions going at it.
    YEAH!!! Ill hold you to that drink next October Fred.
    Shane and Cathy

Default Congratulations Shane and Cathy

You win the free drinks. Just have them put 'em all on our bill.....
    We were just at a friends print shop trying to get new flags made up. It was interesting describing what the lions were actually doing.
    Fred and Cynthia

Default New Flags

Name:  P1050938.JPG
Views: 2294
Size:  32.6 KB

Name:  cti sept 09.jpg
Views: 2478
Size:  44.8 KB

With any luck these are pics of the new Islanders and Humping Lions flags flown for the first time over TI during our Sept 09 trip. (The Lions will never go away as long as there are those of us who remember) The other new flag is the Ivan Islanders flag done by Scott and Kim. Hi kids.... It is an actual meterological pic of hurricane Ivan...very cool.

The flags will be proudly flying next from Oct 13-25.

Hope to see you on the island.

Fred and Cynthia

Hi, Fred & Cynthia

The flags look great. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall to hear you describing the old logo to the printer. I'm judging by the message board that you guys are going in October of next year - what a bummer we are going to be there September 9th - 18th. Maybe next year-it was great meeting you this year and being welcomed in to the Island family. Thanks for the great stories of how the flags came to be. Please post pictures from your July trip it will help me to hold on until we travel back "home" in September.

Mary

Those are very cool!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by FredandCynthia View Post

With any luck these are pics of the new Islanders and Humping Lions flags flown for the first time over TI during our Sept 09 trip. (The Lions will never go away as long as there are those of us who remember) The other new flag is the Ivan Islanders flag done by Scott and Kim. Hi kids.... It is an actual meterological pic of hurricane Ivan...very cool.

Fred and Cynthia
    Oh, Man! We may need to move our annual trip up to Oct 13-25, the time you guys go! Have fun Mon! We got to wait until December. It's looking pretty quiet the week we will be at SSB and we are definitely planning a TI visit on Romance Rewards. We are long time CN guests, please keep us updated on your TI experience.
    ... it keepsh me shane

Fred and Cynthia,
    I hope you arrived at CTI with no problems and are (or will be) once again enjoying the Island. In case I miss the day (18th right?), Happy Anniversary!!! Please say Hi to Damian, Byron, Ulysee, Leonard and Lee for us!

We better see you in May!!

Danny and Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by FredandCynthia View Post

Fred and Cynthia

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    Those are very cool!
    Love that!
    Anyone got a copy of the humping lions I could use?
    Thanks!

We just left and the only flags are the Jamaican and St. George flags. Then at the end of the pier is the water sports flag AND a small Canadian flag.
    Vicky

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast