Default Using the Resort Photographer

Can anyone give me information if they used the resort photographer at CSA?

I will be totally honest about this topic. We did use the resort photographer. I think our pictures turned out very nice. Happy with the quality. Now on the down side she was very rushed. I think the resort overbooked her. We committed to the smallest package the resort offered and had another guest who we got to know a day or two before the wedding follow her around and take the same shots she took. We have a "Very" high dollar camera so we knew our photos would turn out just as nice. This was a second wedding and we didnt want to spend a fortune on photography, but wanted some nice pictures. We got plenty of photos, but like I said she was very rushed to get done. Then the picking out of the photos was really a major pain!! I cant believe they dont have a better process for this. The gal running the computer with your photos is in charge of scrolling through them. They are all mixed up in order too which when you start picking pictures you have to question yourself and have her scroll back to make sure you didnt choose a similar one. We asked if we could take control of the computer and do this ourself and she said no. It was very time consuming and really a pain!!! Nice thing is we got a book with all our photos and a CD to take home with us. Was nice having some photos right when we got off the plane to show everyone. Guess if I was using the resort photographer I would ask how much time they are allowing her/him to make sure you wont be so rushed as we were.

We used the resort photographer. The people who did them were very nice. He had some great ideas for pictures. We got the 24 pictures and DVD package.

The 24 pictures were nice and the album was neat, but they could have given us all the pictures on the cd. What are they going to do with them? My wife's mom had a better camera than they did, so I too knew we would have great still shots. They were nice enough to let her mom follow us around a take pictures with him as well. So it was easy to get great shots.

DVD was kind of cheesy and could have done a better job but overall very pleased.
    CN-July 2006
    CSA-July 2009
    CSA-July 2011

Eat, Drink, and be Merry for tomorrow you may die.

Quote Originally Posted by saint View Post
    We used the resort photographer. The people who did them were very nice. He had some great ideas for pictures. We got the 24 pictures and DVD package.

The 24 pictures were nice and the album was neat, but they could have given us all the pictures on the cd. What are they going to do with them? My wife's mom had a better camera than they did, so I too knew we would have great still shots. They were nice enough to let her mom follow us around a take pictures with him as well. So it was easy to get great shots.

DVD was kind of cheesy and could have done a better job but overall very pleased.
    I couldn't have said it better myself.... I wish people had followed us around though and taken shots as well. Oh well, too late now. But what are they going to do with the rest of the photos that we didn't take?

I'm getting married at CSA in May and am debating weither I should use the resort photographer or not. I hate the fact that we have to pay the resort $500 to bring in an outside photographer. It's just going to be me and my fiance at the wedding, so I don't have anyone to follow us around taking pics :-( I'm soooo torn on what to do.

You only have one wedding, just splurge and pay the extra to have beautiful photos! Especially if you don't have anyone else with a nice camera to walk around and take good pics like some of the others have had! It will be worth it, photos are always a good investment!

Quote Originally Posted by mstravelbug View Post
    I'm getting married at CSA in May and am debating weither I should use the resort photographer or not. I hate the fact that we have to pay the resort $500 to bring in an outside photographer. It's just going to be me and my fiance at the wedding, so I don't have anyone to follow us around taking pics :-( I'm soooo torn on what to do.
    I agree with Brie1104. Pay it and live happily ever after. We did and we couldn't be happier with the results....

http://www.sungoldphoto.com/kristie-dan/

Quote Originally Posted by KristieRobinson View Post
    I agree with Brie1104. Pay it and live happily ever after. We did and we couldn't be happier with the results....

Kristie your pictures turned out GREAT!

I'm getting married on 10-12-09 and I was floating in the same boat as you. We are going to CSA to get married by ourselves and I really was unsure of what to do. I figured this was the most important since our family and friends wouldn't be there. I looked through all the photographers that were recommended and we decided on Digital Memories Photography. I would highly recommend them, Dianna and her son are willing to work with you and have reasonable rates. I will post my pictures after the wedding so you can take a look at them. Good luck with everything

Quote Originally Posted by Carleigh&Adam View Post
    I'm getting married on 10-12-09 and I was floating in the same boat as you. We are going to CSA to get married by ourselves and I really was unsure of what to do. I figured this was the most important since our family and friends wouldn't be there. I looked through all the photographers that were recommended and we decided on Digital Memories Photography. I would highly recommend them, Dianna and her son are willing to work with you and have reasonable rates. I will post my pictures after the wedding so you can take a look at them. Good luck with everything
    I contacted Diana from Digital Memories along with a few other photographers. I'm just waiting on her to call me so I can get her prices.

Well we too booked Diana and I can tell you right now she's cheaper then any other outside photographer around! She doesn't care about making money, she's just a really good person who wants to make sure everyone has a great wedding day! I can't wait to work with her and her Richard!

Kristie your photos are gorgeous!

Was your hair done at the resort salon and were those real flowers in your hair that you purchased from Couples?

Quote Originally Posted by kristierobinson View Post
    i agree with brie1104. Pay it and live happily ever after. We did and we couldn't be happier with the results....

these photos are beautiful!!!

They are very beautiful!

Kristie, can I get your email address? I have some questions to ask you Your photos are gorgeous!

saint,
    Did you think the Resort's DVD was good? What all do they capture in the DVD? Do you happen to have it to view? I will give you my email address if you do and don't mind sharing. I can not decide if I want to use the resort or go with Diana Campbell