Default CTI Island Pier/Dock Update

I posted this update and picture of the new dock on the main message board. Probably should have posted it here instead.

Oh well....... Here it is again.

After speaking to several guests and staff I concluded the Island was closed for at least 10 days but probably more like 14 days.

It was “opened” on Thursday – Dec 30th
    The next 3 days we had no bartender and 2 days with no water
    They did bring out a cooler with drinks – with no opener (thankfully we had someone with a lighter that knew how to open bottles)

As of Tuesday, Jan 4 - 90% of the planks were in place
    Wednesday they were going to finish all planks and the ladder was going on.
    Wednesday was also going to be the unofficial christening (bummed we had to miss it)
    We were told by the construction guys it would be another week to build the railings

It is going to be an awesome dock!

This picture was taken on Dec 30
    Attached Images Attached Images  

wow looks awesome.... way to step it up Couples.... should really help on those wobbly days getting off the island... ha ha

Just amazing, I can't believe it!.. Looking forward to seeing it next month..

I can't wait to see some photos of when its all completed.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Thanks for this - we get there on the 31st of Jan, we were there last year when the dock was being planned. PLEASE let it be finished! Our friend got hurt getting off the boat on our last trip - I hope this will ensure a better landing. Hubby is still going to swim it though again - crazy man....

Default Island dock

We'll be arriving 1/23 (unless we get sent to CSS - won't know till Sunday) and are hoping the dock will be finished, drinks and water in place.

I like many have never braved the experience. I am arriving on Monday 1/24 (11 days) My GF has and said she doesnt have any problems with the a/n experience. I am willing to try and actually looking forward to it(nervous smile
    I don't see much shade at the pool and I was wondering about that so any help here is appreciated or do you just need to sun-screen up!
    I have never been to CTI but looking from the pictures it looks like you can see the people on the island from the main beach? Is this true or are there enough trees to block the view?

Kevin, there is plenty of shade on the Island, from trees, and the little shelters. You DO need to use plenty of sunscreen, though, for the bits that don't usually get exposed and because the Jamaican sun is a lot stronger than we Northerners are used to. If you put it on in your room before going down, it has a chance to sink in and protect you better. Reapply often, after sweating, swimming or showering. (There is a shower to get the salt water off you if you swim in the ocean.)

People on the mainland cannot see details whatsoever, unless they are using high-power binoculars. And, really, no one is interested, if they are at Couples with their beloved. No worries. Go, Relax and enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I like many have never braved the experience. I am arriving on Monday 1/24 (11 days) My GF has and said she doesnt have any problems with the a/n experience. I am willing to try and actually looking forward to it(nervous smile
    I don't see much shade at the pool and I was wondering about that so any help here is appreciated or do you just need to sun-screen up!
    I have never been to CTI but looking from the pictures it looks like you can see the people on the island from the main beach? Is this true or are there enough trees to block the view?
    There is some shade around the pool.... as far as people being able to see you from the beach I guess that is possible if they have really good vision... Don't worry mon.... just go you wont regret it.... go early in the trip and often!!!!!!!

Thanks for the good info.
    Looks like the weather has been cloudy. Any ideas on weather updates for this time of year or know of a website that shows?

I hear that if it's windy they close the island? How often does this happen?

Also I did read that when the island is open they bring lunch over?

Any updates from people that have been there within the last week or so about the dock and the weather?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Definitely use sunscreen and apply regularly. There is shade, especially under the pagodas and depending on the sun angle, around the pool.

You can't really see the people on the island, at least in detail. Sometimes folks swim out in front of the island or by the docks, and even then you can't see any details.

There are lots of posts on what you can do to calm your nerves - enjoy!

We just came back Jan 9th and the dock was completed the week we were there. Only strange thing was there were plenty of workers there everyday, but I am sure they are use to seeing all kinds of nudity.

What was the weather like? on the websites its been showing rain most days ( we are due to go on 22/1/11 from the uk.

Always shows rain... no worries... also check out my post on the main message board with pictures of the new dock...

What a great addition to the island! I assume this will nearly eliminate the island being closed due to rough seas?

it shoudl elminate the island being closed... now if they just got a nice pontoon boat... ha ha

Love it! We hated the floating one. One of the few mistakes made during the remodel.
    The best was actually getting off the boat right into the ocean prior. More of the island feeling. Anyone have a finished pic?
    Also, anyone have an update if Damion is back on the island full time??
    Mi love fi binaked inna Jamaica
    (Patois for: I Love To Be Naked in Jamaica / At the island or SSB Mon!)

I posted on the main message board the pictures... not sure which page they are on now though.. just search through them... the dock looks great and is a much appreciated and respected improvement and I for one thank all those involved in getting it done!!