Default Another Tipping Question

Going to CN in September and was wondering about tipping dive master for scuba or boat driver for waterskiing. Any thoughts?

Technically, they are Couples staff so it's not allowed.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

Amy is right -- no tipping of the dive masters, instructors or water sports staff.

Make sure you recognize them on the checkout comment cards. Couples does give them recognition for guest comments.

Have fun!

The only people you will run into on the resort that can accept tips are message therapists and the cateraman cruise crew.

Enjoy!
    CSA Junkie! Next trip -- November 28th!

If they are not Couples Staff you can tip them.

If they are Couples Staff you can get their employment terminated.

BEST TIP FOR STAFF. Remember their names on the exit card and compliment thier service.

....and the driver who takes you to/from the resort. Do NOT tip baggage handlers until the bags are properly stored. I have heard stories where someone tipped a handler, who then carried the bags 10 feet and sat them down. Another would immediately grab them up, hoping for a tip. Is the story true? I do not know.
    PAPA SMOKE

So, will the employees actually say no if we try and tip them, then? We're gonna be at CSS in 2 days (does a happy dance) and I've been wondering the same thing about tipping. It's going to feel weird to us to NOT tip the bartenders and stuff.

Other than the exceptions already mentioned PLEASE DO NOT OFFER CASH TIPS TO ANY COUPLES EMPLOYEE, AS THEY COULD LOSE THEIR JOB FOR ACCEPTING IT.

Is that clear enough ?

Please make a note of anyone who makes your stay special and mention them on the comment card.

RisiLeigh

99.999% of the employees will remind you that Couples has a NO TIPPING POLICY. Don't tempt that one small fraction and be the cause for them losing their job.

Quote Originally Posted by RisiLeigh View Post
    So, will the employees actually say no if we try and tip them, then? We're gonna be at CSS in 2 days (does a happy dance) and I've been wondering the same thing about tipping. It's going to feel weird to us to NOT tip the bartenders and stuff.
    Keep in mind that if ANYONE sees you tip an employee, even if the employee doesn't ask for it, that employee can still get in trouble. They will not ask for tips. Don't risk their jobs by tipping them. It will feel weird at first, but since no one is asking for it, you'll get used to it. There's also a good chance you won't be carrying around cash anyway since all the drinks are already paid for!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

There are some strolling musicians on the beach at CN and CSA who are not Couples employees and will play a couple of songs for you if it appears you enjoy their music (generally, they are very good). They do appreciate a buck or two, but they don't ask for it. Here’s a picture of a group we particularly enjoyed at CN last March.

Name:  Musicans.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  40.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    Keep in mind that if ANYONE sees you tip an employee, even if the employee doesn't ask for it, that employee can still get in trouble. They will not ask for tips. Don't risk their jobs by tipping them. It will feel weird at first, but since no one is asking for it, you'll get used to it. There's also a good chance you won't be carrying around cash anyway since all the drinks are already paid for!
    WOW thanks for clarifying that for me! I will warn my hubby b/c he's the one who will want to tip them. CSS tomorrow WAHOO!!!