Default Does Tower Isle have hammocks?

I know it sounds stupid but I dont see any pics for Tower Isle with hammocks.

The only hammock I recall seeing was on the near-left side of the island.

There are hammocks in the gardens near the front lawn and spa areas.

When we were there in Jan. there was only 1 hammock. It's in the garden area behind building 3, close to the spa.

They used to have hammocks on the beach. They were there a couple of years ago, but I don't know if they are still there.

If you are talking about the island, here is a picture that was previously posted of the one hammock on the left end...

Name:  Tower Island hammock.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  44.2 KB

Default No hammocks at TI

I know this for certain for I contacted them directly. After we already booked our vacation at TI for January 2012 I found this out. My husband was looking forward to doing nothing buy hanging out in a hammock relaxing while we were there. Then I took notice too that there was no photos of them at TI. I cannot understand why a resort would not have hammocks, but they do not. We thought about changing our vacation plans to go elsewhere but we decided we would give it a try anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by taraanddavid View Post
    I cannot understand why a resort would not have hammocks, but they do not. We thought about changing our vacation plans to go elsewhere but we decided we would give it a try anyways.
    They take up a lot of space, thus limiting how many there could be, and possibly causing contention.

There was one on the beach before the renovations.

I'd venture to say that a lack of hammocks will have little to no impact on your good time unless you let it.

The ones near the beach were replaced with the swim up bar. There are a couple in the gardens near the spa and then one on the island.
    Vicky

Taraanddavid,
    Having just recently gotten back from CTI, I can say I also was hoping to lounge in a hammock on the Isle. But, there were no hammocks...
    Well, the loungers are reasonably comfy, so we still lounged, and had space for a drink between us. Looking at the pic in the thread, and having thought about it, I can see two reasons to have removed hammocks:
    1. They do take up more space than loungers (There isn't really a *LOT* of room out on the Isle,) and you could have contention among guests for them.
    2. They probably would take more maintenance than the plastic loungers and floaties (we saw waves where the spume from the waves hitting the sea-side rocks was clearing the deck of the Isle. I suspect seawater and sun would wreak havoc on 99% of hammock rope materials...)

Don't let a relatively tiny thing like that spoil your trip!
    Jason
    CTI first trip in November 2011
    CTI return engagement in 555 days!

PS: This reply was actually posted a while back, but it wasn't until last night I discovered it had been posted to the picture contest section! Talk about a brain fart!

Thanks everyone! We were looking forward to relaxing in the hammock but Im sure it will still be nice.