Default sunblock at CSS gift shop?

We are traveling with carry on luggage only this year. I have travel sized everything including sunscreen. If we run out while we are there, is sunscreen sold in the gift shop? And if so, is it super expensive?

Yes, they sell a good assortment of sunscreens, and it's not SUPER expensive, but more expensive than at home. I don't remember exactly how much they were.

Yes, they do have sunscreen in the gift shop. Yes, it is pretty expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Cape Cod Sue View Post
    We are traveling with carry on luggage only this year. I have travel sized everything including sunscreen. If we run out while we are there, is sunscreen sold in the gift shop? And if so, is it super expensive?
    Yes & Yes. Figure on paying double to tripple of here in the states. Carry on luggage won't save you any time. You will still be waiting in customs there up to an hours time depending on flights. By then, any checked luggage has been unloaded from the belts and sitting on the floor for some time already.

I assume the prices are the same from resort to resort. They have it at CSA and it is fairly expensive. There are not a lot of choices either. In a pinch you can get some there and be fine though.

Yes, we noticed that they do sell sunscreen at the gift shop in a variety of SPF levels from 4 upwards. I don't know the price though, as we didn't buy any. Expect it to be a bit higher priced than home though. We did buy things like batteries (for our stupid new luggage scale that died on us despite the new batteries), cough syrup and lozenges and didn't feel it was toooo highly priced.

Thanks everyone!

I remember being a bit shocked at the price of sunscreen in the shop, but then again, the name-brand sunscreen always seems to surprise me with how expensive it is (the gift shop isn't going to carry, say, the Target brand that we normally buy), and it does have to be imported. I don't imagine it's as expensive as checking a bag round-trip on most airlines, however, particularly if that's the only reason you'd be checking a bag.

See the above note about saving time, however: We've found that carry-on only is a big pain in the butt lately on most airlines, since the flights run full, and there is never enough room in the overhead bins. It also makes bringing things home difficult or impossible, particularly liquids.

When we were at CSA in September sunscreen was $18/bottle. Personally, I would pay that to not have to check luggage. When we went, my suitcase didn't arrive until the next morning and I didn't have much with me in my carry-on. Next time we go we're only taking carry-on and buying sunscreen at the resort.