Default June Wedding!!!!

We're getting married at CSA in June. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I should get my dress there? I'm considering bringing it as my carry on, is that crazy?

There is a whole section of wedding threads you can read but seems like everybody I know including myself is bringing in on as carry on. Getting married at CSA myself, and I picked a dress that wasnt so puffy so it would be easy to take on plane. When you getting married?

Most brides do carry their dress on. The airline stewardesses are used to this and will frequently hang the dress in first class. Otherwise you can place it in the overhead bin. Passengers are always very understanding and will work with you.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Definitly carry it on! Bring it in the white bag they give you at the bridal shop. You can either lay it in an overhead bin or sometimes they will let you hang it in the closet up front. Not all planes have those though and if there are a lot of brides on your flight it will fill up. You might have to fold it in half if the flight is pretty full. Just watch when others are loading their things into the bin so it doesn't get crushed. It is so hot and muggy there so hopefully your dress isn't too big and bulky. If it is light enough and doesn't have to keep it's shape you can roll or fold it up and put it in a carry on suitcase. I would not put it in your checked luggage as it should not get that hot and they aren't always so careful with those bags. Plus, what if that bag happened to get lost? I have never completely lost a bag but I have had some show up late. That is not how you want to start your vacation!

Default Wedding Dress

I am getting married in April @ CSA. On most destination wedding websites...they reccomend carrying on your dress in a garment bag. That's what I plan on doing! I'll let you know if I run into any issues! I also am in LOVE with our photographer. Check out her website...www.mishaearlephotography.com
    I plan on posting our pictures when we get back.
    Congrats and best of luck!
    Jill

Whatever you do, DO NOT pack it in your suitcase. Call you airline ahead of time to see if they have closet space to hang your dress during your flight(most do). Congrats and enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by DenAmb2011 View Post
    We're getting married at CSA in June. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I should get my dress there? I'm considering bringing it as my carry on, is that crazy?
    ....My daughter had her's in a Dress Bag (as did a half dozen other brides) as a carry on. They all just laid them out across the overhead compartment. No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    Most brides do carry their dress on. The airline stewardesses are used to this and will frequently hang the dress in first class. Otherwise you can place it in the overhead bin. Passengers are always very understanding and will work with you.
    Not always! One guy crushed my dress with a really heavy carry on even after we asked him not to put anything on the dress and showed him other open spaces. The bins on every side of my dress were totally empty but he had to have the one right above his seat. The bin was closed and we told him it was full before he even opened it but he had to see for himself. We were being so careful and so polite, even offering to help people put their bags up or find room. After that happened another guy yelled at us and almost punched my husband. It was insane. I would put it in the overhead. Don't put another bag in the same part unless there is a bar to keep the other bag from sliding into it because they will shift a lot. Then watch it like a hawk.

Without a doubt - carry it on!

I carried mine on, in a white garment bag, when we got married at CN last March. Airlines will let you carry it on with you, in addition to your regular carryon items. And a flight attendant even laid it down in an empty bin for me- all I did was ask!

Thanks everyone!

Janeinpenn - we arrive June 9th and the wedding is June 11th.