Hybrid View

Default Waverunners Rentals @ CN

Last year we watched the waverunner guys just past the bouy lines hawking their waverunners to rent. After a few days wile walking just past CN border we took the plunge with a typical waverunner hawker. We explained we did not have cash in our bathing suits and he said not to worry mon, I wait when you come back and you pay me...

So on with life jackets and off we go into Bloody Bay! We zipped and shot across the water at full speed! We sped around the point and past the little island the bbq's take place! We made another big circle in the other direction and came to the CN area. We were skipping across the water for 30 minutes. Suddenly we were aware of someone yelling and realized it was Jamaica's version of the Coast Guard. He was quite earnest at what he was saying, but we were lost on what he was saying! Soon another wavrunner hawker appears and starts urging us to just go back to the beach! Being torn between wanting to obey a law figure, and to also avoid going to jail, I hit the gas and headed for the beach! We came to the shore and our original hawker seemed underwhelmed by the whole encounter and told us no worries mon! We thanked him for his trust and promised to return toot sweet with the payment. Which I did, and included a nice tip for the thrill!

So here's my question: Although I figured the waverunner hawkers may not be a regulated business, is there a sanctioned waverunner operator connected with CN?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-n-Lisa View Post
    ... is there a sanctioned waverunner operator connected with CN?
    No, there is not.

Based on the description of your path, there is a good chance you were cutting across one, or possibly more, snorkeling zones and they were fearing for others', and possibly your, safety. (The southwesterly side of "the little island", Booby Cay is used for snorkeling on occasion).

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-n-Lisa View Post
    ...toot sweet..
    Really?... "toot sweet"??? Really??
    If one must spell things this way, (yes, yes an urban twist/refudiate/etc., but still) there should, at a minimum, be a Maytals or F. Hibbert reference in this context. I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by rudi View Post
    No, there is not.

Based on the description of your path, there is a good chance you were cutting across one, or possibly more, snorkeling zones and they were fearing for others', and possibly your, safety. (The southwesterly side of "the little island", Booby Cay is used for snorkeling on occasion).

Really?... "toot sweet"??? Really??
    If one must spell things this way, (yes, yes an urban twist/refudiate/etc., but still) there should, at a minimum, be a Maytals or F. Hibbert reference in this context. I'd say.

Ummm... huh?

Not that I've ever seen. Just the guys your talking about. The one thing I've learned with experience and it was totally by accident is I ask the guy to take any local herb off the waverunner he might have and keep it with him while I'm renting it.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgroup View Post
    Not that I've ever seen. Just the guys your talking about. The one thing I've learned with experience and it was totally by accident is I ask the guy to take any local herb off the waverunner he might have and keep it with him while I'm renting it.
    Sheesh! I never thought to look for that! I will be more alert in February! Thanks for the tip!