Default Things to do off resort in Negril??

We just booked our first trip (CSA) for this May. We're only going to be there a short time, so I'm not sure we're going to want to do much off the resort, but just in case, what would you all recommend? Is there a list some where of different excursions that are available?

Also, how much do things cost, both excursions, souvenirs and food we might get outside of the resort

A great way to get off resort without paying is to stroll along the beach, its wonderful & you can walk for miles. A quick stroll along the road (or via an exit from the beach) takes you to Best In The West Jerk Chicken Bar. The inclusive trip to Sands the sunset bar is worthwhile. We didn't think much of the shopping trip. You must do the included booze cruise. Finally it's not for everyone but Ricks is fun & cheap to get to (but expensive food & drink).

If younger going to be there 5 days or less, I don't suggest going off property as most excursions will take you away from the resort all day. I would instead do the included excursions like cat cruise, snorkeling, diving, glass bottom boat ride, etc...

But if you are set on going off resort, the options include a couple different falls, ATV ride, horseback ride, Pelican Bar, swimming with the dolphins. The prices are all over the board, but estimate about $100 per person per activity unless you couple a few things together like a Falls trip with an Appleton Rum tour.

There is a list at the resort of all of the different tours that are available, and you can book them there.

The cost for souvenirs are all over the board. What are you wanting to get? Coffee is about $18 per pound, t-shirts can be got 8 for$20, jewelry is any price you want to pay, coffee cups, wood carvings, shot glasses. You name it you can get it either on the beach or on the included shopping trip.

Food is also all over the board and just depends on what you get. Anything from a few dollars to $20 per plate beers are usually a couple of bucks. What are you looking to buy and where? Are you looking at going off resort for dinner or just grab a bite to eat along the beach. There are lots of options.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

My wife and I have been to Negril many times and good off-resort trips include:
    Mayfield Falls (Closer than Y/S Falls but still nice!)
    Rick's Cafe at Sunset
    Dinner at Rockhouse at sunset

We always have dinner at Rockhouse at sunset, sometimes more than once.

sunset dinner at the rockhouse was a great experience.