Hybrid View

Default First trip to CN booked... so excited!!!

Well, it took a looonnnng time to choose between CSA and CN, but eventually something told me CN sounded more like us. Perhaps we'll try CSA another time.

My hubby and I will be there in just a few short months and I'm so excited!!! I have a feeling we are going to be hooked on visiting after this trip

We ended up booking an Ocean deluxe room...all the rooms look similar but im hoping for a peek of the ocean from the patio. Was wondering if the nightly entertainment is fun there?

Would love to hear from CN repeaters, what your favorite things are about the resort and any special tips or info. for a first timer couple?

Quote Originally Posted by brmhappy View Post
    Would love to hear from CN repeaters, what your favorite things are about the resort and any special tips or info. for a first timer couple?
    ....I planned so much to do while we were there. But once on the beach, I just relaxed and enjoyed the peace and view. There IS a lot to see and do, without ever leaving the resort. Our favorite was the "Glass Bottom Boat", but that mainly because of the crew.

All I can say is be EXCITED, be VERY EXCITED!! Nightly entertainment is fun and it is even better when you meet all the fun people that will be there. What I love about Couples is that everyone is so happy and so glad to be there. The atmosphere is enchanting.

I would suggest surfing the threads on this board for ideas, you will learn so much!

Have fun!

Thank you all!! We are definitely VERY EXCITED! I've read so many of the reviews and CN just sounds amazing. Glad to hear the nightly entertainment is fun and I know we'll be surrounded by other happy couples too. I can't wait to grab a pina colada and put my feet in that gorgeous water! Well I'm hoping you can bring your cocktail onto the beach...

I can't wait to grab a pina colada and put my feet in that gorgeous water! Well I'm hoping you can bring your cocktail onto the beachYou will love CN and you can go anywhere you want on the property with drink in hand!

Thank you all!! We are definitely VERY EXCITED! Well I'm hoping you can bring your cocktail onto the beach...
    ....Bring it? The staff will serve it to you on the beach. Just put up your "Red Flag", and there they'll be.

brmhappy - You can bring your cocktail INTO the water at the beach! They will take your orders for drinks at the beach and promptly serve you. We love to get two pina coladas and take the rafts out into the water and float. Heavenly!

We are first timers too! Going in May! Can't wait. As I look out my office window at the snow falling! ugh! I've learned a lot on the message boards about CN. What to bring what not to bring, what to do - little secrets here and there from repeaters. That is what sold me on this resort was all the repeaters and their great reviews. Have FUN!

That is amazing!!! Im even more excited now(if that is possible) Pina coladas served to you on the beach and then floating on a raft definitely sounds heavenly! I really hope the next few months fly by, we'll be there the first week of June and I cant wait.

One random question, have any of you ever flown in during the day to arrive in Jamaica at night? or do most take the redeye flight to arrive in the a.m? Debating whether its worth the extra cost to have one more night there, and wake up refreshed, or if the redeye option isn't that bad since you get in by 10am.

That is amazing!!! Im even more excited now(if that is possible) Pina coladas served to you on the beach and then floating on a raft definitely sounds heavenly! I really hope the next few months fly by, we'll be there the first week of June and I cant wait.

One random question, have any of you ever flown in during the day to arrive in Jamaica at night? or do most take the redeye flight to arrive in the a.m? Debating whether its worth the extra cost to have one more night there, and wake up refreshed, or if the redeye option isn't that bad since you get in by 10am.
    We arrive at the airport by 4:30am for a 6am flight to Montego Bay. With the International Airlink flight to Negril, we should be unpacked and resting on the beach, drinks in hand by 11:30!

Name:  aa.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  24.8 KB

This is what I spend most of my day doing at CN .... It's a tough job but somebody has got to hold that floatie down.
    Julie

brmhappy, I'm getting married at CN on June 4th at 4pm! I'll see you there!! I can't wait!

brmhappy,
    Funny you should ask that question! My husband and I are sitting here trying to figure out what time to have the limo pick us up. Our flight is at 6am. We have to get up at 1am have the limo pick us up at 2am to be at the airport 3 hrs. early. SOOOO, that means we will be super tired. But, we do this every year (5th trip). Once we step off the bus into the lobby and get that first view of the pool and the breeze....Hello, we aren't tired anymore. Hello beach, red stripes and relaxation. 57days til CN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    One Love,
    Mya

We are getting there June 1st. It is also our first trip. I'm so excited!! My friends are getting married there. I can't wait to start packing!

Maxernie, that photo is perfection!!! I'm going to do the exact same thing lol Nice to hear there are other newbies going too! and congrats abellholly, see you there! I'm thinking about suprising my hubby by setting up a vow renewal. We've only been married a year, but renewing our vows every year in Jamaica seems like a great idea to me
    We're flying from CA, so its either depart at 10am arrive 8pm, or depart 11:30pm arrive 10am next day... I think we'll do the overnight b/c I'd like to arrive when its light out and take in the scenery...You guys are right, how can you be tired once you see that gorgeous water and have drink! I'm sure we'll 'survive'

We prefer to arrive as early as possible. It's alot of money to stay at couples and I want to get my money's worth (and not just a bed to crash on way into the evening.)

PLUS...we always grab a cocktail after checkin and immediatey go to the beach to get the sand in our toes and water on our feet. Since we've been there a couple time before, we don't need to be walked to our room. That first drink and time in the sand is one of our favorite things.

We also love playing boccee ball at sunset...still in our bathing suits.

The continental breakfast they bring to your room is lovely to have on your porch/balcony and a lazy way to start the day.

And Maxernie totally has the right idea!!!