Hybrid View

Default International Airlink questions

I know Intl Airlink is fairly new so knowledge of it might be fairly slim just yet, but since the price is so reasonable I am considering taking it on the return trip from CSA on May 3rd. My questions are, our flight leaving Jamaica is at 12:40pm and there is a Intl flight at 10:45am arriving at 11:00am in MoBay. Will an hour and 40 minutes be enough time to clear customs and make our flight (we will not be bringing anything back to worry about)? This is our first trip to Jamaica so I am not sure how much time is typically needed to make it to our gate. Also, will transportation be provided by Couples to get to the Negril airstrip or will we need to take a taxi. If a taxi is required, how much do you think we would be able to negotiate? Thanks in advance for any help!

Guessing no one knows?

That might be cutting it short in case of delays. Also the check in lines for some airlines are much worse than others.

It generally takes us under an hour but I would not personally book with just 1:40 to make my flight.

You are probably right. Sigh. I was hoping to get to spend a bit more time in paradise but it doesn't look like it will be in the cards this time. Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by kelbayer View Post
    You are probably right. Sigh. I was hoping to get to spend a bit more time in paradise but it doesn't look like it will be in the cards this time. Thanks for the reply.
    Last April we flew Timair one way to MBJ for $214 ($107 each) which is $54 more than what you will pay on Airlink. I know $54 is still more than you would want to pay for the same thing but with Timair, they will fly you out on your schedule. We left Negril at 2:00 for a 4:45 flight so you would have to leave around 10:00 AM for a flight on Timair. I noticed that Airlink has a flight at 9:45 AM so...is 45 minutes more at Couples worth the $54???? Probably not.
    Something to consider too is that if you take the shuttle you will have to leave the resort at around 8:00 AM.
    So...is an hour and 45 minutes worth $160? Tough call.

Personally, I wouldn't do it. As soon as you book a flight to allow yourself more time you know you're gonna get right through in record time and wonder why you are spending all this time waiting in the airport when you could still be at the resort. Buuutttt...what if? Our last trip I got pulled aside for the extra search where they take you into the room and give you the eyeball. The line was loooonnnng! It probably added easily 20-30 minutes just waiting to get in to get searched. And if you get there when the lines just checking in for flights are long it's gonna take you a while just making your way through the usual stuff. You are so relaxed from your trip and the airport can be a hassle anyway, no need to end it on a bad note by feeling stressed and having to check your watch every 10 seconds and wonder if you are going to make your flight. Ultimately what's another hour or two at the resort if your trip ends that way? Go a little early, feel relaxed all the way and keep that vacation feeling as long as you can.