Default spend a day at CN

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how you go about spending a day at a different couples resort? We are spending a week at CSA but I have read that people can go and spend a day at CN. Is there an extra cost? Is this only for repeat guests? Can we sign up in advance or do we have to wait until we arrive and check in? Is there a limited amount of spots and it is first come, first serve? Any insights are appreciated?

Thanks,
    Anne

From the FAQs:

Can I Visit Other Couples Resorts? (Trading Places Program)

Romance Rewards members will now be offered the privilege of complimentary day passes to a nearby Couples Resort. We're calling the program "Trading Places".

In Negril, Trading Places is available between Couples SweptAway and Couples Negril.

In Ocho Rios, Trading Places is extended between Couples Sans Souci and the NEW Couples Tower Isle.

Here are the rules and conditions for the new Romance Rewards Trading Places:

1. Trading Places is restricted to Romance Rewards members only. Since it may take several days for new Romance Rewards member account to be activated, only Romance Rewards members who have an active account upon arrival at your resort are eligible.

2. Trading Places is limited to a maximum of 10 couples per day on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays only.

3. Romance Rewards members must sign up for Trading Places with Guest Relations 24 hours in advance. The sign up is only available while you are on property. Romance Rewards members may only sign up for Trading Places once per stay.

4. Complimentary transfers from your resort to the nearby resort will depart at 9:45 am and will depart from the nearby resort back to your resort at 4:00 pm.

5. Should you decide to leave the nearby resort prior to 4:00 pm, transfer costs will be at your expense. If you miss the 4:00 pm transfer, the nearby resort reserves the right to charge the current day pass rate.

6. Activities at the nearby resort which require reservations such as excursions and scuba are not part of the day pass privilege. Spa facilities may be utilized subject to availability; however no coupons or credits from your resort may be used at the nearby resort.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Anne: The program that allows you to spend a day at the Couples resort in the town your Couples resorts is located is called "Trading Places"
    To take advantage of "Trading Places" you must sign up for Romance Rewards prior to you arriving at your hotel. You do not have to be a repeat stay guest.
    Trading Places is offered on Mon,Weds & Fri only. It is from 10 AM to 4 PM and free transportation is provided. However if you decide to leave before 4 PM you will have to pay for a taxi to get back to your hotel or you can walk, although it is not advised to walk If you want to stay longer and have dinner you have to pay the 1/2 or full day pass rate. It is also limited to 10 couples each day in each directions and you have to sign up 24 hours in advance
    You cannot sign up for activities that require a reservation such as the Cat cruise or Scuba dving
    With all those restrictions it is still a great program. It gives you a chance to get a taste of another hotel. We were staying at CSS and visited CTI and we liked it so much that we are now staying at CTI for 10 days this March

I am interested in knowing as well. We leave for CSA in a week.

Here is what the Couples website says:

Can I visit other Couples Resorts? (Trading Places program)

Romance Rewards members will now be offered the privilege of complimentary day passes to a nearby Couples Resort. We're calling the program "Trading Places".

In Negril, Trading Places is available between Couples SweptAway and Couples Negril.

In Ocho Rios, Trading Places is extended between Couples Sans Souci and the NEW Couples Tower Isle.

Here are the rules and conditions for the new Romance Rewards Trading Places:

1. Trading Places is restricted to Romance Rewards members only. Since it may take several days for new Romance Rewards member account to be activated, only Romance Rewards members who have an active account upon arrival at your resort are eligible.

2. Trading Places is limited to a maximum of 10 couples per day on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays only.

3. Romance Rewards members must sign up for Trading Places with Guest Relations 24 hours in advance. The sign up is only available while you are on property. Romance Rewards members may only sign up for Trading Places once per stay.

4. Complimentary transfers from your resort to the nearby resort will depart at 9:45 am and will depart from the nearby resort back to your resort at 4:00 pm.

5. Should you decide to leave the nearby resort prior to 4:00 pm, transfer costs will be at your expense. If you miss the 4:00 pm transfer, the nearby resort reserves the right to charge the current day pass rate.

6. Activities at the nearby resort which require reservations such as excursions and scuba are not part of the day pass privilege. Spa facilities may be utilized subject to availability; however no coupons or credits from your resort may be used at the nearby resort.

We did this last time, but we ended up leaving CN early because we missed CSA so much and wished we were spending the day there instead. A couple of other couples from CSA wanted to leave before 4pm too so Couples just transported us back. We didn't have to pay anything! The Couples staff at both resorts is awesome! :O)

Anne,

Anyone can spend the day at a different Couples resort than the one they are staying at. If you are a "repeater" and enrolled in the Romance Rewards program...it's a perk and you can sign up upon arrival to spend a day, 10AM-4PM, at a Couples resort on the same side of the island on which you are staying. It is first come-first go as there is a limited number of couples who can do this at one time and they do provide transportation. If you are not a "repeater" it's still possible to go visit another Couples resort...but there is a fee. It is worthwhile to do the "trading places" visit if you are planning to return to Jamaica and are considering the other resort. Each resort has its own personality and not each resort appeals to everyone so it's good to check it out before you jump in. Hope this info helps.

Bart & Bug

Quote Originally Posted by Bart and Bug View Post
    . . . Anyone can spend the day at a different Couples resort than the one they are staying at. If you are a "repeater" and enrolled in the Romance Rewards program . . . If you are not a "repeater" it's still possible to go visit another Couples resort...but there is a fee . . . .
    This is incorrect. You only need to be a member of the Romance Rewards program to participate in the Trading Places program. You should sign up for RR before your Couples vacation even if you don't plan to visit another resort. Provide you RR number at check-in, and the points should be added to your account shortly after check-out, which will enable you to receive perks during your next visit.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Quote Originally Posted by Bart and Bug View Post
    Anne,

Anyone can spend the day at a different Couples resort than the one they are staying at. If you are a "repeater" and enrolled in the Romance Rewards program...
    This is not entirely true. You do not have to be a repeater to take advantage of this program. You only need be a registered Romance Rewards member prior to your trip to Jamaica.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Thanks for the information. It was such a difficult decision to make to choose between CN and CSA (I wish all of life's decisions were win-win).I can't wait for March 14th!

Anne