Hybrid View

Default Sunset Ceremony?

I booked the 5pm sunset ceremony for my wedding in October 2011 and now I'm wondering if I made the right decision. I haven't really seen many pictures of people who did the sunset ceremony, however, I've seen plenty of pictures of ceremonies held during the day and the blue water and blue skies make the pictures absolutely stunning! If you have pics of your sunset wedding, I'd LOVE to see them if you wouldn't mind sharing

-Lori

One thing to think about is where the sunset will be. If you are going to CN or CSA the sun will set over the water, if you go to CTI or CSS the sun will set over land.

Hi, Lori,

I booked the sunset wedding for April 20, 2011. I know how you are feeling. Sunset is sentimental for us, so I knew that's what I wanted. There aren't many pictures on here, but I have seen some and they are a different kind of beatiful. Debbie Hall sent me a link when I asked her about it. There were a few posts that I found by searching "sunset". Send me your email address and I'll forward you the email from Debbie.

naytraylor7@yahoo.com.

Nay

I was married Nov 7, 2009 CSA and had the sunset beach wedding which was wonderful. You are correct about the sun and water colors. The morning to noon hours give the sky and ocean the best colors for pictures. However the sunsets provide such a beautiful backdrop with the orange and red colors. And your photographer can capture the sunset with the bride and groom, you can get a great silhouette picture and beautiful sunset in the background, and some wonderful beach photo's. You might be able to work a seperate session the next day in the daytime. That is what we did, we just put our wedding clothes back on, I put my hair up and just a little makeup and off we went. This could be an extra expense, most of the time it is. Then we both went in the ocean with our wedding clothes on. Yes, we did trash the dress and it was a blast. My dress was fine, washed it out with woolite and hung dry.

It's a hard choice, because we are accustom to the majority of weddings in the evenings with dinner and dancing afterwards.

But personally, IF I could do it again, knowing what I know now, which doesn't really have much to do with the pictures as it does with the timing of the day, I would have done it at 10:00 or 11:00 in the morning.

I would have liked to celebrate the entire day. Since we had to wait 2 days before getting married, for me, waiting until sunset on the 2nd day seemed like I had more time to be anxious about how it was going to come off, the flowers, the music, my hair, my nails, my dress, ect, etc. Not that I was getting married to the most fabulous man, not a single worry there. But it would have given me more time to be with my husband and friends and not be so on edge.

Hi there! As for the sunset ceremony, there are some other things to consider...
    We were married at CSA in November in the 4pm timeslot....instead of paying extra for the sunset wedding, we put that money towards the photographer and had her stay long enough with us to capture some pictures with the brilliant sky. That way you get the best of both worlds. You will get the beautiful sand & water & sun and then the sunset after you've had your cake & champagne in the garden. We saw others who had paid for the sunset wedding and were eating their cake in pitchblack in the garden.....some people might really like that idea, but I was thrilled with our 4pm wedding! Here's some pics so you get the idea...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php...776&aid=261695

Default Sunset Wedding at CTI

Hi there, we are planning on gettting married at CTI on
    April 20th 2012. We are considering the sunset ceremony. If anyone has or is planning on a sunset wedding at CTI, I would love to hear all about your experience. Please email me at dlwilliams123@gmail.com. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dlbranch View Post
    Hi there, we are planning on gettting married at CTI on
    April 20th 2012. We are considering the sunset ceremony. If anyone has or is planning on a sunset wedding at CTI, I would love to hear all about your experience. Please email me at dlwilliams123@gmail.com. Thanks.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Couples resorts aren't doing any weddings at all on April 20, 2012. We were also going to get married on this date at CSA, but when the travel agent went to reserve it, she was told 4/20/12 is Good Friday, a Jamaican National holiday, and they aren't doing any weddings that day

@negrilbride100111 - I was married at the sunset wedding at CTI on 10/9/10. The only thing is that the sun starts setting around 5:30 in October. Which is fine if it doesn't rain... :O) And I'm not sure if you've ever been to Jamaica when the sunsets, although it's the most beautiful thing you'll ever see in a million years, it sets rather rapidly. I too chose the sunset wedding because the colors are simply amazing beyond comprehension.

@dlbranch - Since your ceremony is in April, you'll probably have more sunset then in October, because they don't do Daylight Savings.

Link to Resort Photographer Photos - http://www.mywedding.com/marquelando...galleries.html

Link to Robyn's Sneak Peek -
    http://networkedblogs.com/9eT3F

Link to our first set of proofs from our photographer Robyn - http://pictage.com/993205

We are booked for our wedding at CTI too! Oct 22. We where going to to a sunset wedding but changed to 11 am. We figure that way if its rainy we can possibly push it back a bit. I read some reviews from other places that said they felt rushed and ended up cutting their cake in the dark and stuff... just decided earlier in the day would be easier.

Got a call from Debbie yesterday saying 4/20/2012 weddings are a go! It's not Good Friday! Happy planning ladies!

Hello Lori, I too had the sunset tower isle wedding in October 2010. I would suggest requesting to start a little earlier than 5:00, because in October the sun starts to set around 5:30/6:00. Remember Jamaica doesn't participate in DST. While the sunset time is perfect for the ceremony, it doesn't leave much daylight for pictures. If you filter the posts for my comments, I have links to pictures. The pictures still turned out beautifully, and we did have rain, so that factored into the darkness coming even sooner than normal. We had worked with the resort to start the ceremony at 4:30 instead of 5:00; they were really good about that. But it ended up raining so we started at 5:00-5:30 anyway! LOL!

My main concern was being able to capture all of the color and beauty of the resort and Jamaica in the pictures, which still happened even in the dark...