Default Which building is your fav at CN?

Hello all,

I'm going to CN for the first time (we've been to CSS & CTI) and we booked a Deluxe Ocean room. My question is which building should we hope for to have the best view of the ocean (and hopefully a decent wireless connection)? We don't care how far we have to walk to things...we just want to have the best view of the ocean that we can.

Thanks in advance!

Patrick

Most ocean rooms are in Buildings 7 and 8, which are next to each other.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

We loved #6 we are going back in April, when are you going????

CN is pretty compact so no matter where you end up you won't have to walk far. We prefer the buildings by the spa and water sports area...3, 4 or 5 but since they don't take room requests not sure if you can request what building you are in either. I believe there is an arial view showing the building numbers if you go to the CN part of the site. Regardless, we don't end up spending that much time in the room looking at the ocean...we'd rather be on the beach or in the ocean!

You know that is a very good question. I've never been sure where exactly oceanview rooms are. Does anyone know? I thought only bldg. 7 and 8. Is that right?

7 or 8

The way the buildings are laid out at CN and also with the foilage everywhere, I don't believe that any room really has what one calls a "typical ocean view" room. Let me explain...there are five buildings on one side in a U formation with the pool & restaurants in the center and another grouping of four buildings on the other side in a U formation. With that being said, and with you stating that you booked a Deluxe Ocean room, I think you would need to stay in either bldg. #1 & #5, #6 & #9 to be closest to the sea/sand. Regardless, this resort is not large and with your room category, you would be literally steps away from the sand. We stayed in Bldg. #1, second floor, and third room in from the end, closest to the water. It was great! I'm sure others will add comments...no worries mon - you will love it!!!

Thanks for all the advice! So it sounds like I am in either building 7 or 8. Is one closer than the other? I'd like to be able to leave the windows open at night to hear the water.

Thanks again!

7 is closer to the water, but not close enough to hear it most of the time, I would think. The water is often very calm in the bay and so you don't hear it like you would at other places.

Again, picture a "U" shape with bldg. #6 on one end and bldg. #9 on the other end of the "U". Bldgs. #7 and #8 would be towards the inside of the "U" but not much further back. Blgs. #7 & #8 are probably equal distance to the sand and they are ALL close to the sand/water. Keep in mind that if you are on this side of the resort, there are only 4 buildings in the "U", not 5 buildings like on the other side.

we stayed on the third floor in building 7 and had a pretty decent view of the ocean, considering most "ocen view" rooms don't have this.

We had no windows in our room, just the sliding patio door which has no screen, so i don't think you want to leave that open at night, haha. unless you bring a net to seal around it
    Couples Negril Nov 13 - 20, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoTwo View Post
    we stayed on the third floor in building 7 and had a pretty decent view of the ocean, considering most "ocen view" rooms don't have this . . . .
    They're "ocean" rooms, not "ocean view."
    Pamela

Quote Originally Posted by preilly44 View Post
    So it sounds like I am in either building 7 or 8.
    Though block 7 or 8 is more likely for that category be aware and prepared that there are a few rooms that are (or were) in that category in other blocks.

1202 and 1302 (2nd and 3rd floor respectively in block 1, 2nd room from the beach end) were Deluxe Ocean rooms in the past.

As noted on this board before the categorization may have changed from time to time.

Just understand that oceanview rooms are set back from the ocean. You will not hear any waves crashing unless there is a storm. The waters in the bay are very calm. I felt like I was on a lake and I loved it. I think the title oceanview is misleading. It's like a peak of the ocean. This being said, we love the place. It really is so compact that you are close enough to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimnmariann View Post
    . . . I think the title oceanview is misleading. It's like a peak of the ocean . . . .
    You're not being misled by Couples but by your own gestalt. You see the word "ocean" but interpret it as "ocean view."
    Pamela

We like buildings 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 or 9 best.
    But we would happily stay in a tent as long as we have CN's wonderful service provided by their outstanding staff.

Hugs from 10 0 C

Default Tommywommy

You get voted #1 for "the chuckle of the day"! I couldn't agree with you more!

Great, thanks again for all the replies! I'm always interested in learning more about it so if you haven't responded yet please do!

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    You're not being misled by Couples but by your own gestalt. You see the word "ocean" but interpret it as "ocean view."
    The description says "partial ocean views" - My "ocean" room, had a partial ocean view!
    Couples Negril Nov 13 - 20, 2010

We were in builiding 8 and we loved it! I'm not real picky when it comes to which building we were assigned, we don't spend a lot of time in the room so it did not matter to me a lot.

The reason I interpreted "ocean view" instead of "ocean" is that it use to be called oceanview in the accomodations information. I think they have changed it because many people were expecting great ocean views and were dissapointed. I do not think they should even have this category at CN. The name "ocean" room still is misleading.