Default Need Tips For The Best Coffee!

A good friend of mine just had her 40th yesterday & 4th kiddo on the 15th. She loves coffee. I would like to bring her back some of the best. Which should I choose? I am no longer a coffee drinker, so am outta the loop on this.
    TIA

Default Coffee

Get anything with Blue Mountain Coffee written on it.
    They sell these neat brown bags of coffee in the gift
    shops. But it isn't cheap. One regular bag size is
    about $30.00. Oh but it is SOOOOO good.

Blue Mountain Coffee

It has been a while since I have been there but you have to get the blue mountain. I would get it at the airport in the duty free section it was much cheaper. I would imagine that is still true.

Authoritative!!!!!!!

If it doesn't say 100% Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee, it definitely isn't! This is regulated by the government, and it MUST appear on the packaging.

If your friend is a coffee snob, I'd suggest buying the beans. That way she can grind only what she uses to guarantee her the freshest, tastiest brew. At about $20/lb, she'd better be a coffee snob. ;-)
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

While you may see "Blue Mountain" coffee in many of the shops along the beach, there are many that are simply labeled as such without being genuine. Even though not the real thing, this coffee is often very good. I think there is a Jamaican government seal that will indicate the real deal. I'm sure someone will post what exactly to look for. As stated above, the shops in the airport have real Blue Mountain coffee for a decent price and you can find rum cream and Jamaican rum as well in the airport shops. Mmmmmmm good. If you have the time before your flight leaves they will pack it for carrying on the plane also, boxed and easy. Not to mention you can be sure you are getting the real thing. By the way, for coffee lovers the price of Blue Mountain is well worth every penny. Nothing else like it in the world.

Blue mountain, make sure it's been roasted and try to pay %15.00 per pound

Best coffee is Jablum brand, it's 100% Blue Mountain Coffee. We buy the beans at the airport on our way home. We bought 6 lbs in April and are still enjoying. Couples Gift Shops also offer for sale. Very good coffee.......ENJOY.

We love JaBlum and we get it in the bean. Last time we were there we found it at CN on the shopping trip for $14/lb. (December 2008)
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Default coffee taste

We love the coffee that is in the rooms. We cannot drink the coffee in the resturants. I don't know if they serve blue mountain or not. Although we know it is fresh, it is just too strong and the taste is dreadful to us. Does anyone else feel this way or is it just us?
    Inquiring minds want to know!

Blue Mountain Coffee is the best. To be genuine, it MUST have this seal:

Name:  cib_seal_authentic425.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  36.5 KB
    PAPA SMOKE

Thanks everyone for the great tips!

Quote Originally Posted by weluv2bnude View Post
    We love the coffee that is in the rooms. We cannot drink the coffee in the resturants. I don't know if they serve blue mountain or not. Although we know it is fresh, it is just too strong and the taste is dreadful to us. Does anyone else feel this way or is it just us?
    Inquiring minds want to know!
    We agree with you. We love the coffee in the room, but the restaurant leaves a lot to be desired. For some reason, we still drink it. LOL
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Default CN Coffee - Blue Mountain and High Mountain

We just came back from our 5th trip to CN and we are both coffee addicts. First - LOVE the availability of espresso anytime! We were informed that Otaheita and Lychee serve Blue Mountain coffee and all other places in CN serve High Mountain coffee - that could be the difference. All we know is coffee and rum cream equals morning Nirvana at our heart's home - CN
    Ya Mon

I always loved the coffee in the restaurants... which leads me to how do they prepare it? I can never get the same taste at home...
    Ride and Smile!