Default 45 days and counting:) Dive question..

Hello folks. Does anyone know if we will need a doctors note in order to dive at couples negril?...

If you answer "yes" to any of the health questions you will need a doctor to sign the form stating he/she feels you are safe to dive.

Here's a link to the form in case you haven't found it yet...if you read it all should be fairly self-explanatory.

http://couples.com/images/new/Scuba-...stionnaire.pdf

If you are on any type of prescription meds you will need a note. My husband takes medication for cholesteral; when we were there in November he wanted to try diving, but couldn't. We are going back in February and he is going to bring a note with him this time.

Quote Originally Posted by custer View Post
    If you are on any type of prescription meds you will need a note. My husband takes medication for cholesteral; when we were there in November he wanted to try diving, but couldn't. We are going back in February and he is going to bring a note with him this time.
    I take prescription medication and they have never made me see a doctor. Maybe it depends on the type of medication? I take a high dose of medication people often take for diabetes but I take it because I have severe PCOS. I told them about it both times we were there last year and they said I was fine.

Melody--quoting from the form "The purpose of this Medical Questionnaire is to find out if you should be examined by your doctor before participating in recreational diver training. A positive response to a question does not necessarily disqualify you from diving. A positive response means that there is a preexisting condition that may affect your safety while diving and you must seek the advice of your physician prior to engaging in dive activities." Following this is a list of questions and one is "Are you presently taking prescription medications? (with the exception of birth control or anti-malarial)" That's where all this is coming from.

On a technicality you should have a doctors signature to dive, not saying you aren't safe to dive but no person other than a physician is safe to make this determination. For me, I rely on dive shops to follow these guidelines so I know that the group I'm with is safe. Diving is inherently a dangerous activity, adding additional risks seems to put a whole group in danger unnecessarily and I wouldn't want to be part of that group. Again, not referring to YOU specifically but if they are making exceptions for you then who else are they making exceptions for and under what circumstances?

Thank-you to everyone for your responce.