Thread: 8 Rivers

Default 8 Rivers

What exactly is the dress code and shoe requirements? Apparently no sneakers or sandals for men, but what's the criteria for women? Open toed high heeled sandals acceptable? And I know it's more formal, but is a skirt and tank top with a cardigan acceptable? Or does it have to be dresses?

I wear sundresses and nice sandals. I have seen women in nice capris and tops. Think fancy restaurant at home. It is inside and can be cooler because of the a/c. Askirt should be fine. You are right no open toed shoes for men. Also, they need long pants and collared shirt. My hubby wears a tropical print shirt and dockers. He has also worn a polo shirt and dockers. For shoes, he has a Topsider shoe.
    Vicky

From the FAQs:

What is the dress code?

During the day normal summer and swimwear attire is appropriate.

Beach Grill:
    Swimwear is permitted.

Breakfast and Lunch:
    Swimwear must be dry and covered. No bare feet. Shorts / t-shirts / flip-flops are most common.

Evening:
    Gourmet restaurants and repeat guest dinners: Semi-Formal* summer or cocktail dress and sandals, or skirt and nice top for women. Dress pants, khakis, shirts with sleeves and collar and dress shoes for men. Jacket not required. (Elegant dress sandals are allowed). Jeans, shorts, sneakers, flip flops are not permitted.

Other restaurants:
    Resort Casual - shorts with a nice shirt/blouse and sandals are allowed.

*Despite the "semi-formal" designation, the dress code for the gourmet restaurants is not semi-formal. The FAQs contain a disclaimer indicating that the information presumes U.S. citizenship, and in the U.S., "semi-formal" for men mean a suit. Khakis, a polo shirt, and "dress sandals" are not semi-formal dress.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Fabulous, thanks you two!
    Last edited by firebrand3; January 23rd, 2011 at 06:45 PM.

So Men have to "Suit Up" for the gourmet restaurants? Wow, I don't think I want to pack a suit...we may just miss out on that all together.
    [CENTER]~*Sandi*~

Quote Originally Posted by SandiK9806 View Post
    So Men have to "Suit Up" for the gourmet restaurants? Wow, I don't think I want to pack a suit...we may just miss out on that all together.
    No jacket required--nice collared shirt--tropical print, golf shirt--will work. Long pants--docker type, linen, kahki's--not jeans and no shorts. Closed toe shoes--no athletic shoes. My husband wears a brown boat shoe. I have seen men in linen shirts, linen pants and a woven closed toe sandal and this was fine. No flip flops or beach wear for the restaurants. The buffets are more casual. You will see everything from swim trunks and t-shirts and women in swimsuits with cover ups to cocktail dresses and long pants and nice shirts for men.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by SandiK9806 View Post
    So Men have to "Suit Up" for the gourmet restaurants? . . . .
    Men are not required to wear a suit. Despite the "semi-formal" designation, the dress code at all restaurants is casual.

Again, from the FAQs, the strictest dress code requirement for men: "Dress pants, khakis, shirts with sleeves and collar and dress shoes for men. Jacket not required."
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

we were at cti in oct and at 8 rivers they were letting people in with t- shirts blue jeans and tennis shoes in and at bayside people with tank tops shorts flipflops cutoffs. had we have known that was allowed we would have packed lighter. if they have a dress code they need to inforce it for everyone.

Damn, was hoping to not have to pack another pair of shoes. But guess I gotta. At least I know I'll be well dressed. Him, I'm slightly less sure about I'm kidding, he'll be fine. I just don't want to miss out on 8 Rivers strictly because I'm not wanting to pack "nice clothes"

Quote Originally Posted by steve-suzi View Post
    we were at cti in oct and at 8 rivers they were letting people in with t- shirts blue jeans and tennis shoes in and at bayside people with tank tops shorts flipflops cutoffs. had we have known that was allowed we would have packed lighter. if they have a dress code they need to inforce it for everyone.
    When we were there in July, they turned a guy away at 8 Rivers who was wearing jean with a long sleeve collared dress shirt adn tie. Bayside is not quite so formal.
    Vicky