Default My eternal light

In Judaism there is an "eternal light" that is lit in every Temple in the world. It represents the miracle of a long ago battle. When that fight was over, the first thing the Jewish people did, was to find the sacred oil to rekindle the lamp of hope. They found only one tiny vessel of oil that they thought would only burn for twenty four hours. In stead, it lasted for eight days. Today we celebrate the miracle of Hanukkah.
    My eternal light is always the next booking for CTI. it brings me joy, hope, and helps me to make it just one more day. It may only be a small flicker of light that burns on the oh so very distant horizon. But that glow can shine with great intensity. Guiding my path as I trudge along in the humdrum day to day life of living. It warms my heart to know that a tiny flame can light up my life and bring eternal joy.

90 and going down.

Richie

Richie: Well put! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with everyone

Agreed! 93 days to CSS...

Although I am not Jewish I enjoyed your entry. I can only hope I get the same feeling when my wife and I visit in the next few weeks. Thank you for sharing.

Beautiful

Richie, Youre are so blessed to be able to go twice a year. We have to endure this horrible winter and then still wait until November. April must be looking pretty good about now.

I don't think that anyone has to be Jewish in order to appreciate Jamaica. Once someone is smitten with the vibes of Jamaica and Couples, it becomes an obsession. Obsession usually means that your day to day living is affected, more often than not, in a negative way. You would do just about anything in order to feed that obsession. In this case, it doesn't affect our lives in a negative way, only positive input. It helps to fuel our energy from one trip to the next. It takes a lot of scheming and planning in order to pull this off. It definitely doesn't happen on its own. We had to restructure our lives. But all the time, work and money that is spent on this biannual pilgrimage, is more than made up for as soon as we reach the Couples lounge. 89 and still going down.

Richie

Richie,
    I can always tell it's you by the title of your threads
    You always find just the right words... thanks for sharing
    Jan