Default alcoholic beverages

Hi all,
    Can someone provide brief descriptions of some of the more popular drinks at CN? Also, which are your favorites?

So far I've read that people seem to like "Dirty Bananas" and "Bob Marley" shots. What are the ingredients in those drinks?

I love mojitos. How are the mojitos at Couples?

Thanks!

30 weeks and counting!

Not sure what is in the Dirty Banana's but they were yummy. It was like a banana shake and I would start my day off with one every morning at the beach. Bob Marley shots are very strong, and layered with mint liquor, tequila(i think) and grenadine? Not my cup of tea, but they do the job! Each bar has a couple of menus with several drinks to choose from and it will detail the ingredients. There is also a drink of the day too! Have fun, you will love CN!

You aren't allowed to know the ingredients of the Bob Marley shot...it is a secret... you just have to do it and usually with a straw and then you make a face. Consider it a right of passage

My favorites are the Miami Vice which is strawberry daiquiri, pina colada and then blue curacaos on top…yum! And then I am also addicted to vodka and Ting. Ting is a grapefruit soda but unlike soda in the states, it’s made with real sugar. And yes they will make you a mojito. In the restaurant Lychee…they make Lychee mojito’s which are amazing!!! Each bar has a huge book with different suggestions for you to try. Basically if they have the ingredients…they will make it. We even had them make us frozen drinks using the soft serve ice cream….holy calories!!

We tried and loved so many it is hard to pick a few favorites. Try the Hummingbird, Jamaican Smile (my favorite!), Bob Marley shot, Red Stripe, Purple Rain, Caribean Sea just to name a few. My wife would just ask the bartenders to make something different each time. The bartenders are amazing at what they do and can make drinks to suit your mood!

Quote Originally Posted by D&J View Post
    Hi all,
    Can someone provide brief descriptions of some of the more popular drinks at CN? Also, which are your favorites?

So far I've read that people seem to like "Dirty Bananas" and "Bob Marley" shots. What are the ingredients in those drinks?

Thanks!

30 weeks and counting!
    ....."Humming Birds" are very popular. And, there are always "The Drink Of The Day" to try.

Default Govenors House

We were there in December 2010 and had the most amazing time. We had a drink called the Govenors House, could someone please let me know what was in it. I would love the recipie. PLEASE!!!

I am just happy that they now have Clamato at CN....yaaaay breakfast

Wow, thanks for the input everyone!

I really can't wait to go! The more snow we get here in the northeast, the more I can't wait to be laying on the beach sipping a nice tropical drink!

D&J

Default Dirty Banana (many versions but all close to this)

Creme de cocoa, rum, half a banana (you get the taste, not the texture) khalua, and chocolate milk...I can never have more than 2, very rich and filling...Glenda

When we were at CSS last April we were told that they can't make mojitos because they don't have any mint! Needless to say I was very sad. I wonder if I could bring my own......

Hi D&J. going back "home" to CTI in Sept. for the 4th time and my favorite drink is a watermelon daiquiri. Make sure to tell them to fill your straw.(with rum) I see you are from Albany. My daughter teaches in Albany after going to St.Rose. I hear you about the weather, but we got you beat here in Syracuse. CTI can't come fast enough.

Default hiya

Hey Cuse,
    Yeah being in the northeast this winter is becoming a drag but it probably feels worse this year b/c the last few winters have been pretty mild. I'm sure it's not fun being in Syracuse this year and you always have that constant threat of lake effect snow. Hope your daughter is enjoying life in Albany.

We're going to CN in August and I'm really looking forward to it!

D&J

At CSA last year I would drink a Jamaican Browning and another drink...not sure of the name something girl guide cookie ???, it tasted like mint oreo cookies...yummy!!!! Very rich and filling but so good...exactly two months from today and we will be at CN ;0)!

Quote Originally Posted by D&J View Post
    Hi all,

I love mojitos. How are the mojitos at Couples?

Thanks!

30 weeks and counting!

.....Ask for a Flaming "Bob Marley";

* 1 oz. Creme de Menthe, green
    * 1/2 oz. Liqueur, banana
    * 1/2 oz. Rum, overproof/151 proof
    * 1 oz. Grenadine

The true Bob Marley is grenadine at the bottom, creme de menthe in the middle, and 151 plus creme de bananna, so it makes the red, green and yellow of the Jamaican flag. Light it on fire, stick a straw down to the bottom and finish it!

They will not and can not light these shots on fire anymore!!!! Must of had some problems, I would guess!!!

Butting in without a drink recipe to say hi to D&J and Cuse--I'm in Albany too! Cuse, I'm a teacher and my lovely husband is from Manlius.

Could the minty green layer in a Bob Marley be creme de menthe?

50 days!
    Godiva

Default Hi Godiva!

Hey,
    I bet you can't wait to escape our cold winter to get away to the warmth of Jamaica! You'll have to let us know how your trip goes. I'm jealous that your trip is right around the corner and I have to hang around Albany 'til August!

Let me know what your favorite drink(s) are as I'm sure I'll be sampling many of them during our trip!

D&J

MUDSLIDE

Purple Rain

Quote Originally Posted by mntruck View Post
    They will not and can not light these shots on fire anymore!!!! Must of had some problems, I would guess!!!
    ....That is too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Godiva View Post
    Could the minty green layer in a Bob Marley be "creme de menthe"?

50 days!
    Godiva
    .....Yes.

Hi Godiva. Wouldn't it be nice to get together with D&J in Albany to talk about our trips. Where do you teach? My daughter is teaching at Henry Johnson.

We were pretty much into the Vodka and Ting but then I tried the Hummingbird and it was yummy. Like a milkshake, though, so you wouldn't want too many. Just sipped on some Rum Cream one night and that was great, too! We love mojitos as well, but if you drink those all the time at home, you should make a point of doing something new and different while on vacation. Hey, you have nothing to lose... all the drinks are included! :-)

MMMMM i loved the drinks at CN... My fav's were:

Hummingbird - usually my first morning "smoothie" , I later had a woman tell me to try it and have them add some Ameretto on top.. and it it was even BETTER. haha

Negril Screw - I can drink these like coolaid, i forget whats in it

The Terrace Grill has AWESOME pina coladas, different then the swim up bar.

I usually drank my coffee with baileys, or ordered a b52 coffee after my dinner (baileys, kahlua, grand marnier added to coffee with whip cream). Most servers didn't know what this drink was but the restaurant team leader got one for me every time.

the Mojitos at the pool bar are great too.
    Couples Negril Nov 13 - 20, 2010

Here is another Bob Marley reciepe.

Bob Marley recipe

Serve in shot Glass

1/2 oz Midori® melon liqueur
    1/2 oz Jagermeister® herbal liqueur
    1/2 oz Goldschlager® cinnamon schnapps
    Layer in a 2 oz shot glass or pony glass

Light on fire with a match drink thru straw