Default Stopping while on a Cruise..Help!!

Hello there - I my gf and I plan on spending the day at one of the couples resorts while we are stopped in Jamaica and was curious if anyone has any info on cab info. How far is is to Couples SS and then Ocho Rios? Just a little worried about how the cab fare will cost us and how long the ride is to each resort.

Thanks!!

Unless the cruise line is offering an excursion to Couples, I don't think you should try and do it on your own. There is not enough time ashore on most cruises that I have been on that stopped at Ocho Rios or Montego Bay, to enjoy CSS. I am not sure about Falmouth shore time, when it opens for cruise lines but you would be better off just booking a short vacation at Couples to really see what everyone loves about Couples

I'm not sure about the cab fare cost. I "think" it was $25 each way. The resorts are only about 10 minues and 15 minutes from the port, which Tower Isle being slightly further.
    We just came from a stay at both resorts. If you are beach people who like lush grounds, go to CSS. If you like modern elegance and pools with views, go to CTI. The food and drinks are awesome at both.
    Do it. I can't think of a better way to spend the day in Ocho Rios than to relax at Couples. You won't want to go back to ship and it will leave you wanting to return for a longer stay

I don't think you can just spend a day at a Couples resort off of a cruise. I suggest you contact Couples before making your plans so you aren't disappointed.

I could be wrong but I don't believe Couples allows for day passes. No offense but I hope I'm right. We have only stayed at a resort that allowed that one other time and it was a nightmare! We couldn't find a spot on the beach, a table at lunch and the lines at the bar were insane!

Couples does offer day passes but limits the number sold on any given day. The price for a half-day pass to make use of a resort's facilities from 10 am to 6 pm is $100 per person. The cost of a full-day pass for use of the resort's facilities from 10 am to 11:30 pm is $200 per person. An evening pass, which would allow you to access resort premises from 6 pm to 1 am, is $100 per person.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Looking at it from a different point of view... say I'm there at CSS for the week... nice and quiet, secluded, no crowds, plenty of room.. then a bunch of people from a cruise ship come in and invade the place for the day, now we have no loungers on the beach, have to stand in line for lunch, and we can't do our watersports because the cruisers came in. This is not what Couples is... please book a stay there and experience it
    as it's meant to be experienced, as a whole vacation.

To keep the above hypothetical from happening, is why Couples watches the day pass situation very carefully.

We are going to CSS for first time in Feb. Usually go to CSA in Negril and no cruise ships there. What is the limit on number of day passes issued for CSS? I hope this is not an issue. We have seen other resorts inudated by cruise ship passengers and certainly hope this will not be the case on our visit.