Default CSA room thoughts

Beachfront suite or Beachfront atrium suite? Anyone stayed in both? Anyone stayed on 2cnd or 3rd floors and what where your impressions?

There are no "beachfront atrium suites." There are beachfront suites and atrium suites in the original section, and each villa has four suites on two floors. Beachfront verandah suites are in the newer section, and each room block contains 12 suites on three floors.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Beachfront atrium suite? Do you mean the tiny atriums that are in the same buildings as the BFS? Those aren't a separate category but I have found that they are rarely full so you could likely request one. I would not want one though. I would take a regular atrium any day. The ones on the BFS have the negatives of the BFS without the positives of the atrium. They have all the noise from the path but don't get a decent balcony or a good view. The balconies are tiny, maybe a 1/4 the size of the BFS balcony or smaller and they only have a small lawn chair type thing on them. They also don't face the ocean at all as those rooms are on the back of the building. If you look at the map you can see that none of those buildings are square to the beach. The BFS have a view of the beach, though it is not head on, but the atriums on top have a balcony on one of the back sides of the building. You could probably see the beach if you sort of look around the corner just right. If cost is an issue I would opt for a regular atrium but those are my favorite rooms anyway. Between those two I would take the BFS but the cost difference is fairly significant. There are no 3rd floors on any of those though. The atriums on the BFS are only on the second floor. I prefer the second floor because it is much more private and the view is often better.

Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    Beachfront atrium suite? Do you mean the tiny atriums that are in the same buildings as the BFS? Those aren't a separate category but I have found that they are rarely full so you could likely request one. I would not want one though. I would take a regular atrium any day. The ones on the BFS have the negatives of the BFS without the positives of the atrium. They have all the noise from the path but don't get a decent balcony or a good view. The balconies are tiny, maybe a 1/4 the size of the BFS balcony or smaller and they only have a small lawn chair type thing on them. They also don't face the ocean at all as those rooms are on the back of the building. If you look at the map
    We had one of these last trip and were very happy with it. While the balcony was small, we did have a wonderful ocean view and it was very quiet.

We were able to get a second chair so we could enjoy our coffee outside.

Quote Originally Posted by caviargal View Post
    We had one of these last trip and were very happy with it. While the balcony was small, we did have a wonderful ocean view and it was very quiet.

We were able to get a second chair so we could enjoy our coffee outside.
    Do you remember which room you were in? When we were in a BFS there was one of the beachfront atriums next to us but they did not seem to have a great view. They would go out to the balcony and lean around the corner to see the ocean. I think if our building had not been there they might have had a better view. I like the idea of it being so near to beach but that is not one I would have wanted. Our room was very loud so theirs had to be loud too. We were right in front of Seagrapes and by the Palms.

Yeah... there are an Atrium building or two right by the Palms that are classified as Atriums because of their proximity to the restaurant.

There are also two of the BeachFronts that are angled to the beach in such a way as to provide a rather disappointing view from one of the top-floor suites... this would be rather disappointing to us, and fortunately, we've been on the bottom floors of one of these that had just a single suite... and a HUGE wraparound verandah. These, I think, are the best accommodations in Jamaica.

FWIW...

Enjoy
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"