Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default !st week of February 2011

I thought I would try are get it started. Anyone booked for the 1st week in February 2011. We will be there from 2-2-11 till 2-9-11. Hope to make some new friends.

Sue and Elmer from Michigan, we booked for 2-3-2010 to
    2-10-2010 at CSS then at CTI the 10th to the 17th. This is our
    14th trip back, hope to met you.

Default Late January/Early February 2011

We will be at Sans Souci from January 29th until February 5th, 2011, for our fifth annual trip back "Home" to Couples. The others were all to Swept Away, but it is time to enjoy the other side of Jamaica, and still be treated in the same great Couples tradition. Only 170 more days until we leave the cold and snow of a Central Wisconsin winter for another week in Paradise.

Lanny & Marge

Hi All - Terry and Kathy from Omaha. We'll be there Jan27-Feb5,2011 for our 25th anniversary. Saw this survey/list a while back while cruising the MB and thought it'd be great to use for our trip. Gives those that are going to be there during that time a chance to get to know others a bit before their trip.

Can't wait to meet everyone! We'll get it started with our info.

Copy and paste with your answers and post a pic of yourselves.

Names: Terry & Kathy

Ages: 45 & 44

How many times to CSS: 1st visit

Trip dates: Jan 27th - Feb 5th, 2011

Room type: Penthouse Suite

Reason for trip: 25th Anniversary on May 10 and Kathy's college graduation trip

Where you from: Currently live in Omaha, NE - originally from Rhinelander, WI (home of the Hodag!)

What you're looking forward to most: Relaxation and enjoying the sun with each other. Sunset Beach, great food and drinks. Having a great time and making some new friends.

Will you go A/N during trip: Every Day!

Drink you're looking forward to: Rum Runners & Sans Souci Specials, Rum Cream. Heard about Croaking Frogs and Bob Marleys.

Kids: Two - Hunter and Tymber - ages 9 and 8

Pets: Two (common theme here!) - both cats - Oliver and Purr.(My daughter originally named Purr, Purfume - until we found out it was a "he" .
    )

Default Last Week Jan - First Week of Feb, 2011

Bumping this up - anyone else going last week of Jan 2011 through first week of Feb?
    We'll be there Jan 27-Feb 5th. Would love to hear from others that will be there at the same time...use the template from our previous post...

Terry and Kathy

[IMG]HPIM0514[/IMG]
    Kerry and Jen (Jan 31-Feb 7) This will be our second trip to Jamaica, the first one being CN. We are sure we will have just as an amazing trip as our first.

Mike and Holly from Bonnyville AB Canada, waaay up north LOL
    Feb 4-18 CSS and Jamaica first visits!!
    Anxious about SSB but getting braver the more we talk about it
    We are 42 and 41, one child and one grandson ,one Siberian Husky (No we don't live in an igloo, but she does LOL)
    Can't wait to golf, scuba dive, go to Dunn's river falls and I really want to do the bobsled ride!!
    Why are we going? See above for place or residence, enough said!
    Rum Cream sounds yummy cannot wait to try it and meet all of you friendly, happy "Couples" couples!

Just a note that there is another thread at February 2011 under meeting up at the Sans Souci. I am maintaining a list and will also watch here to ensure that the list is as complete as possible. I really like the Q&A posted by HodagsInNebraska (Terry & Kathy)above. Great way to get to know others!

Have a great time! I was lucky enough to be able to include Valentine's day this year in my vacation time!
    Jon & Heather
    May '05, Feb '11 - CSS

Making arrangements for February 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by jhs View Post
    Just a note that there is another thread at February 2011 under meeting up at the Sans Souci. I am maintaining a list and will also watch here to ensure that the list is as complete as possible. I really like the Q&A posted by HodagsInNebraska (Terry & Kathy)above. Great way to get to know others!

Have a great time! I was lucky enough to be able to include Valentine's day this year in my vacation time!

JHS has done a great job compiling a list of those that will be at CSS during the end of Jan, into Feb. We'd love to see others add their info/pics as we did above - whatever you're comfortable with, we understand. Looking forward to our first time there and a much needed break!
    Terry and Kathy

38 More Days!

Names: Lanny & Marge

Ages: 61 & 59

How many times to CSS: First time, after 4 years @ SweptAway.

Trip dates: January 29'th to February 5'th.

Room type: One Bedroom Beachfront.

Reason for trip: Annual trip back home to Couples.

Where we're from: Rothschild, WI (In central WI, 45 minutes south of Hodag country).

What we're looking forward to: The wonderful Couples experience and the splendor of Jamaica. The food & drink are obviously part of it all.

Will you go AN during trip? Probably Not!

Drink you are looking forward to: Rum, rum cream, and more rum.

Kids: Two grown sons and their families, with four grandsons and two granddaughters.

Pets: None at this time, after 13 years with our Lab "Levi".

Traveling with: (Lanny's) sister Lynn and her husband Jeff from the Nashville area. They are also Couples fans after spending the last two trips with us at SweptAway.

We're looking forward to meeting all of you soon!

Default 'Getting to know you' Qustionaire

Names: Jon & Hea Sook (S. Korean - pronounced 'Hey Sook'. Uses Heather as an English name)

Ages: 51 & 50

How many times to CSS: 2nd visit (First in May '05)

Trip dates: Feb 4 - 18, 2011

Room type: One Bedroom Beach front.

Reason for trip: Relaxation!

Where you from: Vancouver, BC, Canada

What you're looking forward to most: Relaxation and enjoying the sun with each other. Sunset Beach, great food and drinks. Having a great time and making some new friends. (Stole this one from HodagsInNebraska. Couldn't say it any better!)

Will you go A/N during trip: Well? Maybe....

Drink you're looking forward to: Rum, Rum Cream & Red Stripe (not necessarily in that order...lol).

Kids: Two - Erika & Heidi - ages 24 and 22 (first marriage)

Pets: Not yet but will look into on our return trip north. I have always been a cat lover.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Jon & Heather
    May '05, Feb '11 - CSS

Names: Jamie & Penny

Names: Jamie & Penny

Ages: 58 &54

How many time to CSS: 1st five times to CTI

Trip Dates: Feb 1 to Feb 9, 2011

Room Type: Beachfront

Reason for trip: 34th anniversary. We started to come on our anniversary every year we can.

Looking forward to: Time together and meeting people

Going AN: You bet!

Favorite drink: I will let you know after I have tried them all

Kids: One daughter and son-in-law

Pets: In the process of getting a new puppy

One month to go and can hardly stand it! New job, new life circumstances, I need warm, water and alcohol.

Names: Johnny and Jill

How many times: 1st trip to CSS and any Couples

Trip dates: Jan. 28- Feb 5

Room Type: One bedroom Ocean Suite

Reason for trip: celebrate us and no more tuition daughter graduated

Where you from: Washington State- the Southwest area

What are you looking forward to most: reconnecting with my man,meeting people, drinks, food, sun, sand, everything

Will you go AN: NO

Drink most looking forward to: Something strong and fruity, lots of ideas

Kids: blended family, boy 9 and girl 7 still at home, grown 29,27,25,23,23

Pets: 2 dogs, Abbie and Sammy, a snake called corny

John and Heather, what time do youarrive? We are there the same dates as you so may be bus buddies! We get to mbj at 430 on the 4Th

Holster (Mike & Holly) - we arrive via Air Canada flight 1752 (direct from YVR) @ 04:35pm MBJ on the 4th. Would love to chat on the way to CSS! See you at the Couples Airport Lounge. Are you flying out of Edmonton or Calgary?
    Jon & Heather
    May '05, Feb '11 - CSS

Quote Originally Posted by jhs View Post
    Holster (Mike & Holly) - we arrive via Air Canada flight 1752 (direct from YVR) @ 04:35pm MBJ on the 4th. Would love to chat on the way to CSS! See you at the Couples Airport Lounge. Are you flying out of Edmonton or Calgary?
    We leave from Edmonton, pick up ppl in Calgary and then off we go!! Cannot wait to meet you!!

@Holster: Excellent - see you there. Crazy I know but I've already starting gathering items together. Water shoes and the like... I'm using the lists they have on the other threads to pick and choose. One thing I am taking that I haven't done before on trips is to take a small journal for trip notes and fodder for my after trip posting to MB. We are taking a small netbook for making Skype calls. We will be in BLGG A or B as we purchased a beachfront one bedroom.

I'm currently looking for a good waterproof camera for the Falls? Any suggestions anyone?
    Jon & Heather
    May '05, Feb '11 - CSS

Default Waterproof Camera

For the Dunn's Falls trip, I would recommend the old fashioned film waterproof camera (Kodak or Fuji). It's easier for the guides to use and they worked well.
    We also had an inexpensive digital camera with waterproof housing for snorkeling and diving (from amazon.com), and that worked, but sometimes took longer to get the picture during the fall's trip, but the digital worked much better than the point and shoot during dives. We're taking both on this trip, each for different purposes.

Names: Joe & Frani

Ages: 46 & 47

How many times to CSS: First time to a Couples resort/ Frst time to Jamaica

Trip dates: 2/3-7

Room type: One Bedroom Beachfront.

Reason for trip: A real vacation without the girls (2 beagles). They usually go with us.

Where we're from: NW of Philadephia, PA, USA

What we're looking forward to: Dunn's Falls, sailing, snorkeling, and lots of relaxing

Will you go AN during trip? No... don't want to scare the other AN guests

Drink you are looking forward to: Me: Unsweetened Iced Tea or Rum and Coke.. simple Frani: Local beer and Rum and Coke

Kids: Two Beagles... Summer 9 & Kali 3

Pets: See Kids

Names: Ed & Flo

Ages: 50&46
    How many times to CSS: 1st visit/3rd time in Jamaica

Trip dates: Feb 5 -12

Room type: Beachfront Suite

Reason for trip: Much needed R&R / 14th anniversary.

Where you from: Penetanguishene Ontario !

What you're looking forward to most: Getting away from our hectic schedule…(work)..Enjoying each other and making some new friends!
    Sun,Beach,dancing and some golfing if time allows us.

Will you go A/N during trip: Not to sure maybe!

Drink you're looking forward to: Bob Marley shots and some cold rum drinks!

Kids: Three: Crystal,Adam,David

Pets: Three:Baby,Thelma & Louise!

Names:Mike and Angie

Ages: 38 & 35

Trip dates: Feb 6-12

Room type: Verandah Suite

Reason for trip: February in Chicago sucks. Ok Ok and a romantic getaway with my lovely wife

Where you from: Chicago

What you're looking forward to most: That first "I am on vacation drink"

Will you go A/N during trip: we might need a drink or two but I think so

Drink you're looking forward to: rum with everything

Kids:none

Pets "Rocky" a 5 pound yorkie

Hey Penetanguishène!!!
    Although we are planning our first Jamaica AND first Couples trip, only after you return (Feb 14-21) Penetang caught my eye... my sister, brother-in-law & two kids live there -
    Longshot but; do you know Natalie & Alain (40)? They are heading to DR at the same time.
    Have fun & be safe!
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by Flo King View Post
    Names: Ed & Flo

Ages: 50&46

Trip dates: Feb 5 -12

Room type: Beachfront Suite

Reason for trip: Much needed R&R / 14th anniversary.

Where you from: Penetanguishene Ontario !

What you're looking forward to most: Getting away from our hectic schedule…(work)..Enjoying each other and making some new friends!
    Sun,Beach,dancing and some golfing if time allows us.

Will you go A/N during trip: Not to sure maybe!

Drink you're looking forward to: Bob Marley shots and some cold rum drinks!

Kids: Three: Crystal,Adam,David

Pets: Three:Baby,Thelma & Louise!

Ok, we aren't quite the first week in February, but the second. Either way, here's our info!! Can't wait to make new friends!

Names: Steph & Jeremiah

Ages: 36 and 31

How many times to CSS: 1st visit to Couples and Jamaica

Trip dates: Feb 10th - Feb 17th, 2011

Room type: Penthouse Suite

Reason for trip: We need a vacation! Plus, it's our first grown-up trip since our son was born three years ago.

Where are you from: Shakopee, MN

What you're looking forward to most: Relaxing, enjoying the sun, yummy food and drinks, making new friends

Will you go A/N during trip: Yep, why not!

Drink you're looking forward to: Anything yummy

Kids: 3 year-old boy - Carter

Pets: Two cats (Buddy and Viper) and a lizard (Chewie)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Steph & Jeremiah - Great picture! I see you're already in the party mode! It's nce having pictures on here to make it easy to recognize other MB memebers. You will have a great time in Jamaica especially with Couples! Hope to see you there! Getting close now! Have you started packing yet lol?
    Jon & Heather
    May '05, Feb '11 - CSS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast