Default Couples Monthly Raffle

We were at CSS last April and upon departure, we turned in our survey. Apparently our survey was drawn in the monthly raffle and we won 3 days/2 nights back at CSS.

We were wondering if anyone has redeemed one of these in the past and if there were any issues. My wife called today to see how this certificate worked. We were told that you book your stay, then the certificate is presented at check-in and if there is availability at that time, your stay will be extended the 2 nights. If there isn't availability, they will try to accommodate you at another Couples property nearby. The reservation person wasn't sure what they do if there is no availability at any properties.

Again, just wondering if someone has used redeemed one of these and if there was any issues and how they handled flight reservations or were alternate lodging plans made.

Thanks!

Under those circumstances how do you do your airline tickets, you cant tell the airline I may come back on this date or than again it may be three days later, that makes no sense to me???????

This is the first I have ever heard of a raffle with the survey. Do they do this at all resorts?

That doesn't sound very logical. How would you know what to do about flights home? Surely that is not how the program works.

Yeah, I can see that being a logistics problem if you book your own flights.

That seems like a horrible way to do it. How are you supposed to plan your return flight if you aren't even sure if you are going to be able to stay? You might think about calling back and talking to someone higher up. I wonder if this is actually the policy or if they were just confused about it. Sometimes when i have called I have gotten two different answers to the same question and I am not sure what to think.

That seems a tad strange.
    You'd have to re-book your departing air? You'd book your air for the extra two and hope for the best?
    You'd get shut out at Couple's and have to find accomodation somewhere else?
    Huh. Call me crazy.

I too am anxious to see if anyone has had any experience with this. I can't remember in all of our trips to Couples even getting a survey. I can't imagine not knowing until you get there and then having to re book your plane tickets, pay a change fee etc. As much as 3 more days in paradise would be wonderful, I don't know if it would be worth all of the uncertainty and hassle.
    Maybe Randymon will clear this up.

I would have expected Randy or Sean to have chimed in with a clarification on this by now. The way it was explained to Jeto, the prize can never be used. The cost to change your air at the last minute would be far more than the value of the room for the two nights.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

This is news to me. Checking into it and will advise.

Couples Resorts

We have always gotten the comment/survey card. I always make sure to give feedback. I wish we would have won in the drawing! Congrats

I don't know about winning a raffle but with complimentary days you have to call, to let them know what dates you want. You also have to fax or e-mail a copy of the voucher so they can check with the Manager at the hotel you want that they have availability for your free nights and then the booking is made. You also have to take the voucher with you when you go and present at check in to receive the free nights. I hope this helps.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think we'll try to call back and verify how this works as the person we spoke with may not have been familiar with the offer.

Hopefully Randymon can provide some insight as well.

Thanks, keep us posted.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Randymon...any update on this?

Update:

We called back to Couples and this time we were given different instructions on how to redeem our raffle certificate.

When making your reservation on-line, book it for the entire time you expect to stay. Then in the area where promotion codes can be entered, enter the code from your certificate. The price should update to reflect your complimentary nights.

We haven't booked our trip yet, so we can't confirm whether or not this works. The person we spoke with did say that if you have any problems, call the Couples line and ask for Gail.

Thanks!!!

thanks for the update Jeto and glad you seem to have gotten this worked out.

We've received complimentary nights in the past and just notified our TA when we booked our trip including the complimentary nights. We then sent the TA a copy of the letter received (faxed or scanned and emailed) and brought the original with us on the trip.

Easy as pie... never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeto View Post
    Update:

We called back to Couples and this time we were given different instructions on how to redeem our raffle certificate.

When making your reservation on-line, book it for the entire time you expect to stay. Then in the area where promotion codes can be entered, enter the code from your certificate. The price should update to reflect your complimentary nights.

We haven't booked our trip yet, so we can't confirm whether or not this works. The person we spoke with did say that if you have any problems, call the Couples line and ask for Gail.

Thanks!!!
    That makes much more sense! Glad you got it figured out!