Default Swimming at CSS SSB

Hi all
    A bit of advice, please, if possible.
    We're booked into CSS on 22nd February but think we have seen somewhere that swimming at SSB is difficult because of rocks below the surface of the water. Is this correct?
    Many thanks
    R&K

Default Not that I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent couple View Post
    Hi all
    A bit of advice, please, if possible.
    We're booked into CSS on 22nd February but think we have seen somewhere that swimming at SSB is difficult because of rocks below the surface of the water. Is this correct?
    Many thanks
    R&K
    Amber and I were there in August and I swam out to the sand bar, which was about 25 or so feet from the beach. You have to swim through the flow from the river that drains there, which makes that part of the swim a bit cooler than the rest of the water. I saw several other people snorkeling past the sand bar, much further out. I'm pretty sure it's not a problem.

I really didn't think it was such a big problem. They are smooth rocks, but I did use water shoes. When we were there in December it was just to cool to swim much.

I would suggest wearing water shoes but the swimming there is excellent!

Thanks for your advice guys - we're really grateful.
    R&K

Hey Kent couple. You need to take some sort of footwear. Diving shoes are easy to find here in Blighty and pretty cheap. 'Jellies' are another alternative. We were at CSS in November and we are quite close here in Bromley. Feel free to email us if there are any queries!