Default Feb 2011 wedding HELP!

Hi there! I'm new to the message board and we just booked our first visit, to CTI, February 12-19. We also JUST booked our wedding there for February 14. I have a million questions and only two weeks to get organized! Hoping someone can help: (1) The wedding will just be the two of us, but photos are really important to me. Has anyone used the resort photographer(s)? what was your experience? I have contacted Marina Roberts and Stacey Clarke as well but it looks like the cost will be over $1000, which is a little more than I wanted to spend. Is the quality difference worth it? (2) what have people's experiences been with the salon? I want to get my hair and make-up done that morning but I'm a little picky and also dark-skinned, so make-up can sometimes be a bit of a challenge. Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!

Hello Trieter,
    I did not get married at CTI, but I did get married in Jamaica 9 years aho on 2/16 I might have some suggestions, feel free to email me at blissrn22ataoldotcome, and maybe I can help a little. Congrats, you have chosen a great place to start your married life. Our friends are getting married on 2/15. Take care.. Remember No Problem Mon'..

We were married at CTI last March. We flew our own photographers in, but we did hire the Resort Videographer (Donnette Pottinger)who did an incredible job. I saw other photos of other weddings done by the resort photographer, they look beautiful. Not sure where the $1000 price came from. About $500-$600 for photos and $500 for video. Of course the photo price can go up if you purchase more.

The ladies at the spa did a wonderful job on my hair and make-up. I had my hair done back home for the wedding reception, and I liked my hair better from Jamaica. I would hire the ladies from CTI again!

Congrats on the upcoming wedding! We were married at COR Sept 18, 2006. Finally going back this fall for our 5 yr anniversary. I used the resort photographer and he was great! We moved pretty fast so I wasn't sure what to expect. We went alone so the pictures were the most important to me....they turned out fabulous!!! I would recommend the resort any day for pictures.

I also used the salon for my hair and they did an excellent job too! I did my own make-up though.

Getting married there was the best choice we made. We were able to float in the ocean and drink Dirty Bananas before we got ready....how many other people can say that?

If you would like to see my wedding pics email me at kristen.honey@hotmail.com and I can send you a link!

Kristen

Congrats on the upcoming wedding! We were married at COR Sept 18, 2006. Finally going back this fall for our 5 yr anniversary. I used the resort photographer and he was great! We moved pretty fast so I wasn't sure what to expect. We went alone so the pictures were the most important to me....they turned out fabulous!!! I would recommend the resort any day for pictures.

I also used the salon for my hair and they did an excellent job too! I did my own make-up though.

Getting married there was the best choice we made. We were able to float in the ocean and drink Dirty Bananas before we got ready....how many other people can say that?

If you would like to see my wedding pics email me at kristen.honey@hotmail.com and I can send you a link!

Kristen

we just went to CTI Jan 12th to 21st & were married on the beach on the 17th & our experience there was GREAT!

We did not use the resort photographer, but did hire the videographer & he was gracious enough to use our camera to get pics while he walked around the resort with us to get dvd footage. We were glad that we obtained the DVD ($300.00) as it is really a worthwhile keepsake to have & was nice to be able to share it with close family & friends who wouldn't have seen the ceremony otherwise, so its something to think about.

The day before our wedding, I went for a manicure/pedicure at the spa with Fenella. The morning of the ceremony, I met with Fenella again to have my hair done. I took a picture of the hairstyle that we chose & in dealing with Fenella for both appointments - she was really nice to deal with & did a super job!

Based on other pictures that we did see, the resort photographer does do a fabulous job, so if it is in your budget you may want to consider obtaining his services.

Once you arrive at CTI & meet with LaToya (who is absolutely amazing) she will work with you to get your plan for your special day in motion & set your minds at ease. She is an excellent resource & support.

Enjoy your trip, we are sure you will have a fabulous time!

Best wishes!!

Loved the resort photographers at both CTI and CSS and I'd use them every single time and do!!!!!! Used the for our 10th anniversary at CTI and a vow renewal at CSS with a DVD too. I'm a major picky pain in the ass and gave them many requests and everything was beyond perfect!
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

Take a deep breath and enjoy! Couples makes wedding so amazing and easy. We were married at CSA back in 2008. Our WC, Tamika, was incredible. She just took care of everything. Your wedding will be fabulous!

As for using the resort photographers vs. outside photographers, this is a much discussed topic with varying opinions. A lot depends on how particular you are and how much you want to spend. I think that you get more value for your money with outside photographers, as I believe they give you more images for your money (but I guess that depends on the photographer and the package offered) Donít forget the $500 fee to the resort as well. We used Paula and Damian of Sungold for our wedding and were so glad we did. They took absolutely incredible photos.

We were at CTI in Jan. and bought a DVD of 5 photos because hubby liked one the photographer took of me braving the cold water in the pool on a chilly day. It was a great candid photo capturing the moment. The others were all posed on the cat cruise, and I had to crop all the other people out. The quality was very good though. They do seem to use decent cameras.

I think the biggest difference is that pro photographers these days tend to take more artistic, creative photos that may be set up/posed, but donít look like they are, such as where the subjects arenít even looking at the camera, or the perspective is unique through trees or looking up, and so on. Know what I mean? Whereas the resort photographers seem to take those standard, get into a pose together and smile at the camera type photos. Some people are just fine with those traditional photos. If you want something more creative, perhaps discuss it ahead of time with your resort photographer.

One note - On our DVD of just 5 photos, there were 4 folders, and a whole bunch of other files. It took forever for those 5 photos to load on our computer (and itís new and not slow). So unnecessary. All you need is the .jpgs. In the end I couldnít even get them saved on our computer no matter what I did. It was like they were deleted. So I tried again at work and after about an hour of waiting I finally got them loaded and saved. What an ordeal. We wonít be getting their photos again. I donít know why they clutter the disk with all that junk, but if you have a lot of photos it could take hours to load. Just be sure to check the DVD at the resort and ask them to not include all those other files.

we were married at cti 10 years ago & are coming back for our 10th anniversary on the 12th february, arriving on the 7th. we saw the wedding co-ordinator 2 days before our wedding & she organised everything, we didnt have to do a thing! we used the photographer (eddie murphy laugh) & video man(patrick) they were fab, we had a video made & picked the songs for it, was excellent when we picked it up we also had 36 wedding photos & an album & it was all fantastic.

My daughter was married at CN last year, we used the resort photographer and it was wonderful, he did a great job and was fun to work with. We also used the resort beauty salon and they were great also, did what we asked and everything was beautiful! They make it so easy to have a wonderful wedding. Don't worry!

Thanks so much guys! I feel SO much better! We (I) have hired Stacey Clarke as I would like some non-posed photos and I like the look of her website. Now I'm much less nervous and much more excited! Now I just have to figure out what I'm doing with my hair...

My wife and I were married at Couples Swept Away last June and will be returning this July. Our was experience with the resort photographer was phenomenal. He was extremely accommodating and did an amazing job. His name was Andrew Vassel, I'm not sure if he still works there or not but if he does you would lucky to have him.

My wife's experience with the salon was equally amazing. A woman named Collinette did her hair and makeup and it was everything she hoped for. She can't wait until July to go back and visit her.

You can't go wrong!