Default Review Jan 6 -13, 2011

Stayed at Couples Swepted Away, January 6, 2011 to January 13, 2011.

The resort was wonderful, it meant our expectations…but the day before our departure home, we decided to stay an extra 3 days till the Sunday. We went down to the front desk, they had rooms available but wanted $548.00 per night for just the room and meals. That was the only information they gave us. We found a hotel down the beach; we asked if they could drive us down to the hotel…they said no. I figure they would because we were not going to use the transportation to the airport.

They didn’t even suggest the other Couples Negril resort. We were disappointed that the front desk was not very helpful in order to extend our stay. .

According to the web site, the rate at CN right now for the least expensive room is $512/night, only $36/night less than the rate offered to you to stay at CSA. If you chose not to extend your stay at CSA b/c the price was too high, you probably would have felt the same way about CN's rate. However, nothing prevented you from asking the clerk at CSA to check CN's rates/availability.

Couples contracts with a transportation service to deliver guests to the airport and Couples Resorts; other destinations would be outside the scope of the contract and not covered by it. Therefore, guests choosing to be transported elsewhere are responsible for the costs of such transportation.

This MB has a moderator who reviews/approves all posts before they appear on the MB, and as of late, the MB has been updated infrequently, perhaps once a day. You posted three threads that are virtually identical, except for their titles. It's not necessary to post the same message numerous times; post it once, and unless it contains info that violates some MB policy, it will appear when the MB is next updated.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

I'm sorry to hear that your trip wasn't everything you had hoped it would be. Maybe you can elaborate a bit on your "review". It just seems a little odd to me that your review basically only covers the negative and none of the positive (save for the very first line), especially considering that you have taken the time to post the exact same negative review 3 times on the message board in the past few days under different headings. Maybe I am reading to much into this?

So how did your stay at the hotel down the street compare with Couples?

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    Couples contracts with a transportation service to deliver guests to the airport and Couples Resorts; other destinations would be outside the scope of the contract and not covered by it. Therefore, guests choosing to be transported elsewhere are responsible for the costs of such transportation.
    At the risk of provoking occasionally acerbic wit ...

I don't believe this to be strictly true, though it possibly addresses the intent of the original poster.

Couples also provides transportation to non inter-airport transportation such as to/from Rick's Cafe, Trading Places trips, The Jungle, etc.

We were transferring from CSA to CN once (after staying at CSA, not a Trading Places trip) and the front desk told us to pay for our own cab. We knew that Couples was to pay for the transportation and, after a few conversations with other front desk staff, they agreed that they would cover the cost.

That's a different situation from the OP's, but I believe guests should be aware there are certain non inter-airport situations that are supposed to be provided by Couples.

Quote Originally Posted by nvang13 View Post
    . . . you have taken the time to post the exact same negative review 3 times on the message board . . .
    You noticed it too! The three are exactly the same, including calling the resort "Swepted Away" three times.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

I think the time you were there was a more expensive time of year, prices vary through the year. Also, often when you attempt to book a resort close to your dates of stay prices are higher...my sister is currently trying to book a Jamaica trip for late February or early March and rates are crazy at all the resorts compared to what she was seeing earlier. Though you were already at the resort adding nights would seem to me the equivalent of booking a stay close to the arrival date and you would pay those rates. Couples does try to go out of its way regarding customer service but business is business so they quoted you the going rate.

Regarding the transfer, I'm in agreement with Pamela in that they were not obligated to transfer you for free to the other resort. Does this even make good business sense? You are leaving their resort to take your money elsewhere and yet you want them to give you a free trip to the other resort...really? Did the other resort step up and pay for your transfer out of gratitude for the unexpected business? And why would CSA employees have suggested you stay at CN? Did YOU inquire about CN or did you just expect them to do your vacation planning for you? How could they have known what your final dollar was on a room? If that too was out of your budget maybe you would have been offended by them pushing the Couples chain on you? How do they get it right?

Bottom line the Couples staff aren't travel agents, unless you are leaving out a lot of details it sounds to me like you expected a lot out of them but didn't put forth so much effort yourself on your own behalf until you went searching for another place to stay.

I happened to be on the CSA website getting my "fix" and clicked on the rates. I don't know when "now" started but if the rates listed for "now" through February 11 were in effect when you were there you got a discount on the rate they quoted you, currently the cheapest room is an Atrium Suite at $571 per night, you don't mention what type of room that was. Even if the rates were cheaper the week you were there I'm guessing they sure didn't try to over-charge you any for your room.

You noticed it too! The three are exactly the same, including calling the resort "Swepted Away" three times.
    Hi Pamela - Totally unrelated to this so-called "review", I love love LOVE your signoff ("I know everything....."). How do you get that to show up? And would you mind if I steal it? ;o)

Ya gotta be careful drinking those Bob Marleys or you definitely will get Swepted Away.