Default Docking stations at CSA - Iphone 3GS compatible?

In the past,our I-phone 3GS did not work on these docking stations at CSA. Does anyone know if anything has changed to these docking stations?
    I also wonder what brand/model these stations are and if there is an adapter or part we can buy to make it work.
    We would love to enjoy our super reggae playlist

Good question. I am curious to find out the answer too.

I used my itouch and it worked fine. However, I bought a mini speaker case that I use on the beach. Your iPhone zips into it to protect it and you just plug it in. The speaker takes batteries but it is loud and last a long time. We use it on the beach and in the room. I switch between my itouch and iPhone to keep them charged.

I vote we don't give people any ideas about speakers for any music devices...headphones are a much better alternative. When we were there in October someone had speakers and played their music quite loud, music that wasn't our taste. We opted to move to our verandah where we could still hear it. I realize it's just my opinion but I'd rather not have the peace and quiet on the beach disturbed by people playing their music, it might be fabulous music to them but it might not be my taste. Even if it's my taste in music I might be wanting to just sit and listen to the wind and the water.

Sherrynchuck,

I don't want to bother anyone with my music. I really just want to know if the docking stations provided INSIDE the room works with my i-phone so I can play some GREAT reggae music in my room.

Let's stay positive..ok?

"No worries"

We only play reggae while there but don't turn it up for the world to hear.

Default radio reception

Do these docking stations also have radio reception? My husband and I love to listen to the local radio stations while in Jamaica.

Ben--My comment wasn't directed at you, you weren't the one suggesting the speakers. And I don't think it was negative or impolite.

Sublimebrad--I appreciate that you only play reggae but even within that genre there are plenty of options for music that others may not care to hear. I am glad to that you keep it quiet, you specifically pointed out that the speakers had the ability to be loud so it took me right back to that day when the lovely quiet was disturbed, and I really didn't mean to imply that YOU were playing it loud. My point was really that if a bunch of folks have speakers for their music there is no way to keep that peaceful atmosphere the Couples beaches are known for. Just saying I think it's best to recommend that people use headphones and keep their music to themselves.

These docking stations really aren't very good.

Your iphone 3gs will work fine. Might want to turn it to airplane mode so you do not incur significant roaming/data charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Sherrynchuck,

I don't want to bother anyone with my music. I really just want to know if the docking stations provided INSIDE the room works with my i-phone so I can play some GREAT reggae music in my room.

Let's stay positive..ok?

"No worries"
    I used my iPhone 3GS in 2009 and it worked great. Just remove the case if you have one on it.

... and yes, the docking stations also include am and fm radio bands. As well, there is an AUX IN phone jack on back of the unit for those who don't have an Apple appliance. To use your mp3 player of choice (or for that matter, portable cd player, etc.), you will need a male-to-male patch cord. The AUX IN will NOT charge your device, however, so bring your charger or extra batteries.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"