Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default First Timers - Which one is best?

We'll be on our way to Couples in the Spring of 2010, and we're leaning heavily on choosing CSS, especially because of the spa ratings and because the grounds look so beautiful. But...

Those of you who have been to the other locations, which do you prefer and why? Which is the largest resort of the four? I'm so excited to be going, but we want to be sure to pick the best one if at all possible, and to have plenty of things to choose from once we get there.

Any feedback is so appreciated. Thanks!

If you are "leaning heavily" toward CSS, then it must be calling to you. We all have our favorites for reasons that are important us, ours is CTI, but that is what is great about Couples, they are not cookie cutters of each other. Each offers something unique. So do the research, which you seem to be doing, view all the photos you can here and on other websites. One of the resorts will be calling to you, as CSS seems to be and then that would be where you should book. I will add that the spa at CTI is absolutely beautiful and was only opened in it's new building in April. We also got wonderful service. The grounds are beautiful at CSS, but there lots of steps and the resort is spread out--just something to consider.
    Vicky

Which is the biggest Couples resort is a tricky question. As far as size including all the grounds CSS is the biggest but has the fewest number of rooms and the rooms are the largest and nicest. Largest number of rooms and next biggest would be CSA. Then CN and CTI. There really is no best one. It all depends on personal taste so take a look at them all:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tweedpi...7603438788408/

I really think CSS has the most beautiful grounds of all and is the most romantic.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

The age old question. Which Couples Resort is best?

The plain and simple truth to this question is the one that YOU select.

Each of Couples Resorts are unique in thier own way. They each have different appeal that captures our hearts. From the layout design to location there is no way to compare one to the other.

As to the question which is the largest I believe that CSA has the largest land area of the 4 resorts.

The hardest decision to make is which resort to select. On this MB you will find different groups of loyalist for each of the resorts. The suggestion is to let your heart make the decision not us.

CSS is wonderful. We've really enjoyed our both of visits. The grounds are truly amazing. Dinner on the beach at Bella Vista with the mento band playing just can't be beat. We've visited 3of the four Couples resorts and so far our favorite is still our first, CSA. But what fits us best might not fit you. We prefer the Negril area's beaches and other attractions. We really like the Atrium rooms at CSA. We love to walk along the winding garden paths at night. We enjoy talking with the friendly beach vendors and musicians who stroll along Seven Mile beach. We think CSA has the best house band, Exodus. And let's face it, nobody else has Ulti at their piano bar. Oh yes, and let's not forget Elvis down on the beach and cat cruises w/Rasta Ralph. CN has the most beautiful pool, and it seems to be the most social of all the resorts. And they serve the absolute best in the world macaroon cookies at the snack bar. Each one we've visited has something unique which calls to us. You really can't go wrong.

Here is what I have gathered from all the experts.

CSA is the most spread out, and is on 7 mile beach (public beach)
    CSS is the most romantic (private beach)
    CN has Bloody Bay and an awesome pool (public beach)
    CTI (OUR FAVORITE) is all brand new, offers the most excursions and has Tower Isle (AN), plus the beach is private.

The is truly no "best one." They all are special and unique in their own way. Each resort has it's own heartbeat. You just need to find the one that matches yours. GOOD LUCK!!!
    Kristen

We just returned from CTI and did the day trade at CSS. CSS is beautiful. We have also been to CN 5 times and are heading back there in DEC. We prefer CN. The beach is bigger and there seems to be more to do at CN.

Like Vicky said, if CSS is calling you, then go to that one!

As you can tell from the answers, everyone has their own favorite resort. We've been to them all and for us, it's CTI. Technically, CTI has the most excursions, but that might not make any difference to what you're looking for.

Go with your gut. As long as you're with Couples, you can't go wrong. Besides, when you return next year, you can try another one...
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

The right one will call out to you. I personally love, love, love, CSA. I did a lot of research before picking it and couldn't have been happier. I picked it finally because of the people here on the message boards and from their reviews. If you browse the meet up boards, you'll find vibes that you relate to. I just thought everyone seemed so happy and friendly and laid back. CSA is just that...the staff is wonderful and the guest are great too. I love the atrium rooms they offer there because they have that "island" feel to them. The grounds are beautiful, so it doesn't matter when you get lost looking for your room.. HAAA! We had a blast there and made friends with whom we still are in contact. My vote... CSA, but all of them offer something special that you won't find anywhere else but in Jamaica. Enjoy!

Default Which Resort?

I had to make this same decision last year and stayed at CN (thanks to all that posted on this MB, it really, really helped.)

My decisions were based on personal preferences:
    Not on the 7 mile beach
    (I did not want the vendor action, no matter how minimal)
    Liked the smaller resort layout (CSA was too spread out for me), pool location and fun activities.
    Restaurant choices played a small factor.

We had the BEST time and are going back to CN in January next year. I can hardly wait. I again considered CSA, maybe splitting the trip but there is really something to be said for "going home"

The activites were fun (although no one showed for the beach soccer!) food was wonderful, great drinks, awesome beach. Met alot of nice couples.
    Can't think of anything I did not like. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

If it truly IS the spa and grounds that call out to you, you have made the best decision....CSS.

We have stayed at COR, CSS & CN and have visited CSA twice. Charlie's Spa at CSS is phenomenal, the best, and has been rewarded as such! Believe it!! The huts above the sea, the breeze blowing thru the sheer curtains, peace & quiet with the soft sound of the waves bouncing off the rocks below....utter tranquility! The grounds at CSS are stunningly beautiful....pictures do NOT do it justice. Also, we've found the rooms at CSS are our favorite and room service is A++++.

There isn't just one Couples Resort that calls to us. We love them all.... just like parents love all their kids. Just depends on what you want from this particular vacation

Both CN and CSA are on Seven Mile Beach. Seven Mile Beach is comprised of Long Bay, which is approximately five miles in length, and Bloody Bay, which is approximately two miles in length. CN is located on Bloody Bay and shares the bay with three other resorts. CSA is on Long Bay and shares the bay with numerous other resorts, bars, and restaurants.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

I've only been to three of the resorts. Tower Isle, CSS and CN.

I am not a fan of Tower Isle. The people were nice, but I liked the others better. CSS is my second choice, although I absolutely loved it while we were there...May actually do that again in 2010. CN.... CN is home. This will be my 7th trip to CN in November. I don't know why I like it so much, but I have never stayed at a resort anywhere that I loved as much as that place. Just thinking about a day on the beach, swings before dinner upstairs, then either an evening in the piano bar or sitting on our terrace makes me long to go back.

We like CSA. The beach is magnificent, and I love a good beach. You can walk the beach and experience Jamaica without taking a cab or a tour. The grounds are beautiful as well, low buildings that hide among the palms and are very tropical feeling. Not hotel like at all. Great food and wonderful staff. Very relaxed and peaceful.

Default Clarification on private/public beaches

Quote Originally Posted by Bkhiattky View Post

CTI (OUR FAVORITE) is all brand new, offers the most excursions and has Tower Isle (AN), plus the beach is private.

The is truly no "best one." They all are special and unique in their own way. Each resort has it's own heartbeat. You just need to find the one that matches yours. GOOD LUCK!!!
    Hi,
    My future husband and I are trying to decide which resort to choose for our April honeymoon. We are drawn to CSA and CN, but still open to any of them. Your post about the public beaches at CSA and CN made me want more information: Are these public beaches at CSA and CN covered with people that aren't just the people staying at the respective resorts? If that's the case, how do you ensure that the resort's beach chairs aren't taken by non-resort people? Also, aren't there bars at/near the beaches at CN and CSA? I hope there are, and if so, how do they keep non-resort people out of the bars and the resort itself?

I agree with dirtleg!

Default CN

The beach at CN is never so crowded that you can't get chairs. There are only three other resorts around you on the bay and most people stick to their own resort except for the occasional beach stroll.

Security discretly monitors "non guest" and ask them to move on if they try to use any of the resorts services. We saw this in action and were amazed at their knowledge of who was a guest at CN.

Bars will not be your problem unless you drink too much and can't get off the beach. CN has a red flag service. Place the flag in the sand and someone will bring you a drink. Or, you can walk 50-100 feet and get one at a bar (they are all close).

Have fun - we are heading back in February.

I am really confused after reading all the threads comparing CN & CSA!!!

Both beaches are on 7 mile - is one literally better than the other?

Both resorts offer the extra excursions such as catamaran trip, snorkeling, diving, etc. so for activities, they both seem fairly equal. We usually do not participate in beach volleyball or ping-pong but would do the sort of things I mentioned above.

I am going to assume that the food is equal/comparable at both resorts.

The tie breaker for me then might be...closest rooms to the ocean with a Jamaican flavor. I do not want to feel like I'm in a typical hotel style room. Your opinions???

What about daily activities. My wife and I are into organized sports, games and tournaments. We are very active. Which is the best resort for daily organized activities? Thanks

If you are really into sports and working out, I would suggest CSA, according to what I've read it has the best fitness facility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pobbster74 View Post
    What about daily activities. My wife and I are into organized sports, games and tournaments. We are very active. Which is the best resort for daily organized activities? Thanks
    Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by jeffandamandaB View Post
    Hi,
    My future husband and I are . . . drawn to CSA and CN, but . . . [y]our post about the public beaches at CSA and CN made me want more information: Are these public beaches at CSA and CN covered with people that aren't just the people staying at the respective resorts? If that's the case, how do you ensure that the resort's beach chairs aren't taken by non-resort people? Also, aren't there bars at/near the beaches at CN and CSA? I hope there are, and if so, how do they keep non-resort people out of the bars and the resort itself?
    A "public beach" is one upon which the public is permitted to walk along the shore line, so expect to see people from other resorts and Jamaican citizens walking along the shore line. The beaches at CTI and CSS are "private" because they are very small and the entire expanse of shoreline is entirely within each resort's premises.

That CN and CSA are on public beaches does not mean that anyone can stop and use the beach/facilities at any particular resort. The security guards at CN and CSA are pretty observant. We've seen a few people from other resorts try to settle in on the beach at CN; security has approached them and prompted them to move along. The other resorts do the same. I recall a post on this MB from a couple that was staying at CSA but wanted to try nude sunbathing. They walked along the beach and came upon a resort with an a/n section. When they spoke with the guests on the a/n beach, they were invited to join them, which they happily did, until security guards made them leave a few minutes later.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Not the fitness part. There is nothing I would like to do less then "workout" on my vacation. I am specifically talking about organized activities: Soccer tourney, egg tossing, ping pong tourney, tennis tourney, etc...
    Thanks for your help.

If you are really into sports and working out, I would suggest CSA, according to what I've read it has the best fitness facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Pobbster74 View Post
    Not the fitness part. There is nothing I would like to do less then "workout" on my vacation. I am specifically talking about organized activities: Soccer tourney, egg tossing, ping pong tourney, tennis tourney, etc...
    Thanks for your help.
    There will be the occasional pick up volley ball game, maybe frisbee toss. There is snorkeling, scuba, sailing, cat cruise and daily crafts classes. International night is food and entertainment on the beach. Evening entertainment every night in Palms, piano bar and Aura night club for late night dancing and fun.

You won't find toga parties or pajama parties. Not that kind of place. Much more laid back than the 'H' resorts. If you ask and look around you can find lots to do. It's not like a cruise with a daily activity board full of games and junk.

Enjoy!

Csa!

Default CSA Atrium Suite

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at CSA in 2007, in a Beachfront Suite. We promised ourselves we would come back....we've booked an Atrium Suite for Nov. Does anyone have advice as to what they liked better...1st floor or 2nd...pros cons etc. We liked the privacy of being 2nd floor but also want to have a view....Any advise is greatly appriciated. I know either way it will be an awesome trip! Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast