Default Room Category Downgrade

We're headed back to CSS in April and have booked a beachfront jacuzzi suite, which is the 2nd highest category, one under the penthouse suites. We booked this because we got a great deal but would really prefer to stay in a 1 bedroom ocean suite. Has anyone approached the front desk staff when checking-in about downgrading?
    (Karen&Paul)

The problem at any of the resorts with any room category change is availability. If a particular room category is available when you check-in and you want to change they will accommodate but there is always the chance that it won't be an option simply due to availability. Always best to book the room you actually want. Might be best to contact CSS and see what you can work out or the TA you booked through or however you booked the trip.

1 bedroom oceanfront suite is the 4th category at CSS First is Hibiscus cottege, 2nd is the Primeministers Penthouse Suite,then the Penthouse suites.
    I would not count on a refund if you downgrade to a lower suite,but Couples will try to downgrade you if it is available

If they have availability I'm sure they would accommodate you, but don't expect a refund.

Have another fabulous time! I'm jealous.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Forget it!!!! There are WAY more beachfront suites than one bedroom ocean suites and I think you would just be creating a problem for the front desk who always tries to please everyone! You could ask and say if not that's OK and take your chances. We always book the one bedroom ocean suite we just LOVE that room category the best of all out of all Couples rooms on all their properties. You will like the location of the beachfront as we travel with friends who always get that type room and use their room during the day at times because it's closer to all the action. You'll also love the big tub in the gorges bathroom. I have never seen a bad Couples room of any type.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club