Default Thinking of going to CSS for our wedding in November

We are in the planning stages for our "weddingmoon" and are hoping to go to CSS. This will be the first time we have ever been to Jamaica and for my fiance, anywhere tropical. From reading all the rave reviews (and the bad ones too), we are hoping to get a one bedroom ocean suite in D block. When you book a vacation can you specify: D block, large balcony, 2nd floor, large walk in shower? or do you have to get what is offered when you arrive at the resort. We have been saving up for this and truly do no not want to be disappointed.

Also, if there are newlyweds who just exchanges vows at CSS, any pointers/words of wisdom/or "Hey Mon" watch out for this, would really be appreciated.

You may book a specific room category but cannot make any other requests in advance. From Randymon's May 3, 2010, thread entitled "Room Requests Not Available":

Greetings to all:

Please understand that we are unable accept any specific room, building or floor requests in advance. Daily arrivals and departures prevent us from making any guarantees and we do not want our guests starting your stay with us disappointed that a specific room, floor or building has not been confirmed.

Not only are we trying to avoid your disappointment, but our front desk staff is taking too much unwarranted heat from arriving guests who are unwilling to accept "I'm sorry, but it is not available" for an answer.

We want your stay with us to be fantastic and memorable AND we want our staff to look forward to the wonderful role they play everyday. As a result - and I am acknowledging that this will not stop the requests 100% - we will be rejecting and/or editing all future posts that appear to be requesting specific rooms, floors or buildings.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

We got married at CSS 2 weeks ago, so if you have any questions, please ask!

We got married at CSS last April and it was wonderful! Pay extra and get a photographer from the resort. Ours was excellent and took a lot of pics. I also recommend upgrading our bouquet or do what I did and bring a silk arrangement with. They do make a difference in the pictures. The gazebo was absolutely perfect for us. They decorate it nicely and set it up so other guests don't get too close during the ceremony. The Jamaican wedding cake is delicious too! For more wedding info. try the wedding message board too.

We would love to see phots from your weddings at CSS as we plan on using the resort photographer when we get married there in July 2012, it you would share some we would really appreciate it!
    Becky & Dave
    CSS July 2012 (Wedding @ CSS 7.18.12)
    CN July 2012

Sure! Send me an email at rallen@stepan.com and I'll send you some pics. Be sure and put something in the subject line so I'll recognize your request.

Thanks rrallen! I sent you an email this morning. We also want to get married in the gazebo as well
    Becky & Dave
    CSS July 2012 (Wedding @ CSS 7.18.12)
    CN July 2012