Default Carry-on vs Checked Bags, Bugspray, sunlotion???

Ok, I want to only take carry ons to make the airport experience easier, but this means we can't bring bugspray or sunblock. Is it available at CSA and if so, what is the cost (approximately)?

We do carry-on only and really like it. We take the bug wipes so no need to put them in the 3-1-1 bag. We take the sunscreen for our faces (Coppertone or Aveeno). That's available at our local Target. That goes in the 3-1-1 bag. Then we buy our regular sunscreen at the resort. Stayed at CN earlier this year & paid $18 for Austrailian Gold Spray-On. We'll do the same thing when we go next month.

Everything you mention is available in sizes of the accepted 3oz. and each of you traveling will be able to have a quart sized bag worth of space. You should have no problems, we always just carry on with our sunscreen, bug spray, you name it!

Bug spray, we bring the wet bug wipes individually wrapped not a problem to throw in the carry on. The sunscreen I am sure they sell, but at a price. We usually only bring 1 checked bag so put sunscreen and anything bigger than 3 oz. in a big ziplock bag.

We went to CN in April and packed only carry-ons. I was asking the same question - while we stashed our sunblock in a companion traveler's checked bag - we were told and saw Coppertone spray and lotion for sale at the resort. We'll be going to San Souci in Oct - and are planning on purchasing sunscreen at the resort. We've never needed bug spray at the resort, but maybe we do at CSS? Guess we'll be getting that there too unless we can find the towelettes as others have described. Enjoy your stay ... Couples ROCKS!

Remember that shampoo & conditioner are supplied by the resort. The stuff works great for me. I know that some of you "ladies" need to have your brand or you are not happy but....your hair is going to get frizzy anyway sooooo stop obsessing.... Sorry, no one said anyone was obsessing but you know what I mean!!!!

If you can get all your clothes in, and do without a lot of the toiletries (or buy them on resort for inflated prices), then yes, by all means go with the carry-on! One caveat... you WON'T be able to bring back much for duty-free goodies like coffee, rum and liquers. But to each their own.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I am going to try and do carry-ons only this year. I went and bought some 3 oz plastic bottles and plan to pour the sunscreen into those. I will do the insect repellant wipes and have bought my facial products in 1 oz containers. I do plan to bring my own shampoo and conditioner, but they are also available in 1-2 oz sizes and will be plenty for 1 week. No need to bring skin lotion, body wash or aloe...the products supplied by Couples are fine and are replenished as needed. I don't think we will have any problem fitting everything into our two quart sized bags. If we find we need more sunscreen than what we are able to pack, we will probably use some Resort Gift Shop Credits to purchase more.

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

Quote Originally Posted by Bearso View Post
    Remember that shampoo & conditioner are supplied by the resort. The stuff works great for me. I know that some of you "ladies" need to have your brand or you are not happy but....your hair is going to get frizzy anyway sooooo stop obsessing.... Sorry, no one said anyone was obsessing but you know what I mean!!!!
    I just had this conversation litterally 3 minutes ago! I leave Tues AM for my first trip to Couples!!! So excited!!!! I've been to Jamaica before but that was 7 years ago and at a different resort.

Anyway, the man will be using the resort provided toiletries and I will be taking all my "girlie" stuff because I won't be me without "my" stuff. However, this means I get 2 quart sized baggies! Yay! He will put a couple things in his bag but nothing too big so I get the rest of his space-super great!

All the travel size stuff you buy at your local Kmart/Target/Walmart/CVS etc fit amazingly well in those quart baggies! I have some sunscreen in there along with anti-frizz stuff for my hair (no braids this time unfortunately ), mouth wash, contact solution, nail polish, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, body wash, and some other things I'm not thinking of. I'm all packed...carry-on only and it all fits snugly - can't wait to put some stuff in his baggie to see how much room I have and what else I might be able to take I plan on buying a small bottle (if they have different sizes) of sunscreen there if necessary. I'm thinking what I have will work fine though-if not, I have the resort credits and don't have room in my carry-on to buy too much in the trinket department so why not use 'em to buy necessities?!
    http://tinypic.com/a/19if6/3 - pix from CSA 8/18-8/25

We've never needed bug spray at the resort, but maybe we do at CSS?

No- wse've never brought, or needed bug spray anytime we've been to Jamaica...ever

Patty will be doing carry-on only. She is not even complaining at all...But much like Mandith....she gets room in my bags as well!!!! We use one carry-on wheelie bag each and one packpack each. Makes us very lihjy on our feet and very mobile....

mandith - what resort?

i just bought the repellant wipes, and will try the little 3 oz bottles for sunscreen. if we run out of sunscreen, i'll just buy them there, no worries. gonna start packing now to get my mind off of the storms!