Default Negril Excursions

Hello, My wife and I are going to CN in a couple weeks and have some questions about excursions.

1. ATV Safari: How far is it from the resort? Do they let you go fast? It's $83pp to book it online, is it the same price to book it from the resort?

2. River Tubing: How far is it from the resort? Is the water going to be too cold? How deep is it and are there big rapids? My wife isn't a strong swimmer and doesn't like to not be able to touch the ground...especially if there are big rapids that could throw her off the tube. This is $64 online.

3. Dune Buggy: How far is it from the resort? My wife and I did this from CSS and enjoyed it....I assume this is a different place, right?

Any other tours we should consider? Thanks in advance!

I would recommend Mayfield Falls and Floyds Pelican Bar. You can do them both in one day!

We really enjoyed Dunne's Falls last year and would probably enjoy a similar activity on this side of the island...is that what Mayfield Falls is like? I don't think Floyds Pelican Bar is our thing but we'll look into that as well.

Dunns River is somewhat a waste of time. Climbing up the falls is somewhat entertaining, but I felt like I was in a line of cattle. And if the person next to you slips, you either catch them or fall with them. You all hold hands and go up the falls in one big line. The YS Falls tour was much more enjoyable. There are stairs that took you to the different levels of the falls. You could swim out on one level and climb the rocks for pics, and there was another level with a rope swing. Much more enjoyable!

ATV tour= Do it, it was amazing. It is a short drive from the resort and out of many excursions it was our favorite for sure. We also did the buggy's from CSS. I am not sure if the buggy's would be a different place or not. Price, I couldn't tell you how much it cost for us when we booked at the resort. You go on some ruff stuff so you don't have a chance to go super fast, but it is a blast.
    We didn't do the tubing so cannot comment on that one

Default ATVs

Quote Originally Posted by dnbmccann View Post
    ATV tour= Do it, it was amazing. It is a short drive from the resort and out of many excursions it was our favorite for sure. We also did the buggy's from CSS. I am not sure if the buggy's would be a different place or not. Price, I couldn't tell you how much it cost for us when we booked at the resort. You go on some ruff stuff so you don't have a chance to go super fast, but it is a blast.
    We didn't do the tubing so cannot comment on that one

Can this be enjoyed by people who have never ATVed before? My wife and I will be there in 15 days(happy dance). We have never done this before but we are not helpless and we think we are up for it. What do you think?

Before we went to CSA my husband had been on every dirt bike and atv you could think of, I had NEVER been on anything like that before. Not even an atv or buggy! I was nervous going because of having no experience at all, but I knew my husband would have a blast. We went and I did perfectly fine. You control them with your hands, the gas is just your right thumb. Very easy to operate. You go up some rocky creek beds and all that, but I did great. I had a blast and would do it again for sure. So for a first time rider, I still highly recommend it. Your nerves might be high at first, but once you figure out how fun it is and how easy they are to use, you relax and just have fun