Hybrid View

Default Private Beachside Dinner at CSA

We'd love to hear comments from those who have done the private beachside dinner at CSA. We are thinking of doing this for our anniversary. Any input would be appreciated!

That was the BEST experience I have ever had was that dinner. SOO SOOO worthit, in fact we are doing it again in June. Food was incredible, they treat you like king and queen. Do it, you will regret it if you dont. When you see it all lite up and people there you will really regret, and they only take so many couples a night and certain nights so do it early, you can pick your menu once you make the appt.

My husband and I did it when we were there in September and it was fabulous!!! We also did it for our anniversary. It was money well spent. You meet your waiter/waitress down by Seagrapes and they walk you to your table. Even though there were 6 other tables on the beach the night we did it, we felt like we were completely alone. They give you a little iPod and speakers so you can pick what music you'd like to have playing at the table. Everything is candle-lit, and there is a great view of the lights in Negril. The food and the services was fantastic, and I highly suggest getting the bottle of wine that is included. It's very good. The chef even came by after dinner to make sure everything was to our liking. I don't know that we would do this every trip, but since it was for our anniversary I thought it was perfect. We also did it the last night we were there which made the perfect ending to a perfect week.

Ditto this!!! i would really like to know if this is worth the extra $$ ! please let me know. thank you!

It is a wonderful experience! The menu is great, food is better and the ambiance is amazing. A must do at least once! A photographer came by our table and we bought the picture that is still hanging today. Enjoy CSA, you will have an amazing experience!

It was an incredible dinner. We had a personalized menu and an actual memento menu give to us as well. My husband asked a few roaming beach musicians to return that night for our private dinner. We had a serenade on the beach as we ate dinner. The beach musicians barely charged us anything and it was the most romantic thing ever when my husband asked me to dance on the beach in the moonlight with our private musicians....

loved it. the garlic saffron soup we had at that dinner was the best soup we have had at Swept Away.

Randy
    it's all about the kids

www.issatrustfoundation.com

We didn't do it but while we were there in October I wondered about how long you have to sign up in advance. They always seemed to be full but on our last trip it was WINDY on the beach and things were flying around out there. I would not have booked one once I saw the table clothes whipping around in the wind but if it is something that I booked prior to our visit I probably still would have done it. When we were there in April it looked nice though. Maybe next time.

We are at CSA right now and had a private dinner last night. It was really great. The food was delicious, service outstanding. If you are thinking about doing it, just do it, it is worth the price.

How much extra does it cost?

The private dinner at CSA is 170. I know its a lot but man its worth every penny. You dont feel rushed and pictures can be taken and its so romantic.

Can you reserve this in advance or do you have to wait until check in?

I reserved mine for June already, I did that the last time we went and they will send you the menu and you can pick it out before you go. SO worth it. 110 days and counting for me

I guess I'll be the one to disagree. While I don't regret doing it on our honeymoon, I won't do it again. It isn't worth the money to me. The food was great, but no different than the other restaurants. it was actually so dark that we couldn't see very well. I did it to be romantic for my wife but even she agreed it wasn't worth it. Good experience but none I'd pay to do again. If you're on the fence I say go for it once. If the money is a problem then save it. Our server wasn't very prompt with our drinks or food yet the table just down from us had excellent service it looked like. Ours just kept leaving and not checking back very often. The pictures turned out too dark as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sublimebrad View Post
    I guess I'll be the one to disagree. While I don't regret doing it on our honeymoon, I won't do it again. It isn't worth the money to me. The food was great, but no different than the other restaurants. it was actually so dark that we couldn't see very well. I did it to be romantic for my wife but even she agreed it wasn't worth it. Good experience but none I'd pay to do again. If you're on the fence I say go for it once. If the money is a problem then save it. Our server wasn't very prompt with our drinks or food yet the table just down from us had excellent service it looked like. Ours just kept leaving and not checking back very often. The pictures turned out too dark as well.
    I'm with Brad. We did it for our anniversary in January, and while it was very, very nice -- and I'm glad I did it once, I did NOT think it was worth the $$. Next time, I'll have a nice dinner at Feathers and have a Couples massage -- it's about the same cost.
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

Janeinpenn We will be there in June (8-18) as well. Did you just call Couples to set up dinner on the beach? Also, did you get to pick a particular night for the dinner or do they choose? This will be our second trip to CSA and the beach dinner looked great the last time we were there.

Quote Originally Posted by Buz View Post
    Janeinpenn We will be there in June (8-18) as well. Did you just call Couples to set up dinner on the beach? Also, did you get to pick a particular night for the dinner or do they choose? This will be our second trip to CSA and the beach dinner looked great the last time we were there.
    I called Couples the last time, my wedding Coordinator set it up for me this time. Yes you ask for the night you want, you cannot do Fridays, and it depends on if its booked or not. I know people will say its not worth the money, and the food was just as good as Feathers and Lemongrass but we had enough light and our experience was magical, guess its what you make of it. Cannot wait to do it again!

I have noticed a HUGE difference in the amount of light there is at night when the moon is full as compared to when there is no moon or it is very small. Maybe that is the difference. I live in the suburbs so there is not that much of a difference at home but there is not as much available light at CSA so when the moon is bright, it makes a huge difference.

We're doing it for the first time on this trip. We tried to do it last trip, but we waited too long and everything was booked. We're having our dinner the night before we get married, and it's supposed to be a full moon! :O)

Last time we did it, we didnt notice any real darkness so its true I guess if it was real dark it would be hard to eat, I thought Lemongrass was dark out on the patio so. You will have a blast, its lots of fun and VERY romantic. We are having ours on the day we get married, to end the evening. Cannot wait,

Thank you to all who responded. We decided to go for it! We appreciated the comments about the darkness due to the moon being full or not. If this is a concern, you can look at lunar calendars on the internet and check on the evening you are considering. We will have a half moon on our anniversary so it should be fine. We are really looking forward to August!! Thanks again for the input!