Thread: Jamaica

Default Jamaica

Were going to be there feb 18th through the 26th at cti does anyone know how the weather will be there? were from ohio
    15 days and counting!

Weather in Jamaica varies little through the year. You will see reports of rain most anytime but expect hot and sunny days and cooler evenings...not chilly just a nice respite from the heat of the day. It's not like Ohio with real seasons.

I have Ocho Rios, Jamaica saved as one of my favorite locations on the weather.com home page. The weather channel will give you a 10 day forecast. I think we're expecting mid-70's to low 80's, with a chance of a shower that comes and goes. - 18 days to CSS for us!

This should give you a general idea:

http://www.accuweather.com/en-us/jm/...forecast2.aspx

One thing you can be sure of is that it will be much warmer than your home. Usually in the low 80's.

We are from Ohio and going to be at Couples Negril from the 18 - 27th. Our third trip there in the last 3 years. Weather has been in the low to mid 80's during the day, and low 70's at night every time we have been there. Once in a while a passing shower, but for me, I just sit out and thank God it is not snow.

Besides in Jamaica the weather is always perfect mon.

Well, there won't be any snow, that' a given! You will have wonderful weather, 80's during the day and a little cooler at night, not much. You will have a wonderful time.

Ijust checked and the forecast is snow everyday with a high temperature of 45 degrees!

No guarantees, but in the 9 times we've been to Jamaica in mid FEB, there have been only 2 days that were cool and windy....being hearty midwesterners, we went out and tried to surf the waves that came in the bay...all 3-4 feet tall!!!

Pretty good odds for great weather....

Default Usually Nice

You're going at about the time we usually do, and we've been to Jamaica 22 times. Daytime temperatures are typically between 82 and 87F, and nighttime drops to around 70-72. If it rains, most of the time it's a short afternoon shower, maybe 15-20 minutes. This can change if a big front comes through, which had happened during maybe 3 out of our 22 visits.

During an "average" day, the sun comes out in the morning...clouds gather over the course of the day, and by about 3 or so it tends to be more cloudy than not.

The last time we went to CSS in 07 (nearCTI), there was a light shower when we checked in. Every day after that was sunny and hot.
    You are going during one of the best possible times of year climate-wise.....that's why the prices are a bit higher.