Thread: CSA Topless

Default CSA Topless

On their webpage they say Topless is allowed on the beach, but not at the pools........can anyone tell me the percentage of topless on the beach?

I would say the percentage is small due mainly to the open beach and the numerous children walking by from neighboring resorts.

Hard question to respond to with numbers.

When we were there in April, there were maybe 5 or 6 just on our end of the beach. We were by the swim-up bar on the GreatHouse side of the resort. It's very common.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

Default CSA Topless

I thought it said in their rules that Topless was NOT allowed at the pools.....only the beach. Not a prude about it, but if someone booked with the understanding that topless was not allowed at the pools, that might be a problem.

Default numbers varied

We were there in early july and early in the week there were 5 or 6 spread throughout but definitely more towards the swimup bar probably because the beach is wider. A couple of women walked in and out of the water but most just laying in their lounges. One young newlywed was very unihibited while others were very discreet. What surprised us was folks taking their floats out into the water and removing their tops with their hubbies hanging onto their floats. This was the go to move by the older couples and I think it was great as it was probably their first experiences and a bit daring for them. That's the spirit of couples as far as we are concerned!

Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    I thought it said in their rules that Topless was NOT allowed at the pools.....only the beach. Not a prude about it, but if someone booked with the understanding that topless was not allowed at the pools, that might be a problem.
    That's correct. Topless is NOT allowed by the pools. I just meant we were on the side of the beach by the swim-up bar, not the pool itself. I think it's considered "South Beach" on that end of the resort.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post

Ge - I understand rules are rules but what exactly would be the "problem" if there was a female guest at the pool topless ?
    I am curious on how this might adversely impact other guests.
    Care to share ? thanks in advance.

Sorry if this comes through twice......I posted a reply, hit a button and it disappeared. What I answered was that there are still 'old-fashioned' thinking about nudity. It's not that it is looked down on, but just a matter of respect for a partner who doesn't share the same feelings. My late spouse and I did the au natural at several resorts in Jamaica......I've been blessed to have found and fallen in love with a equally wonderful person, but this person would rather keep things 'underwrap'....and I respect this. I don't feel as though I'm being taken away from anything, it's all about who you're with as opposed to what you are doing. Topless on the beach is a choice....and we can live with that. But topless in an area where it isn't expected or allowed by the resort, is a little different that we would rather not have to deal with. Thank you for your comments.

Topless on the beach is a choice....and we can live with that. But topless in an area where it isn't expected or allowed by the resort, is a little different that we would rather not have to deal with. Thank you for your comments.[/QUOTE]

"Dealing" with topless? Now i understand ...

Sorry for not looking away as I usually try to do when someone posts negativly. But why so condesending Steverandlinda???I've read prior posts on other threats and they are all pretty much the same.In a very quiet but clear way you are not very nice.Why? This is an open forum and I guess that includes some bad attidudes but I just am always so taken back when I read people going out of their way to be rude.Especially on a message board that is about vacation.Just doesn't seem very necessary.Anyway couldn't help but ask why???

Quote Originally Posted by Justdiane View Post
    Sorry for not looking away as I usually try to do when someone posts negativly. But why so condesending Steverandlinda???I've read prior posts on other threats and they are all pretty much the same.In a very quiet but clear way you are not very nice.Why? This is an open forum and I guess that includes some bad attidudes but I just am always so taken back when I read people going out of their way to be rude.Especially on a message board that is about vacation.Just doesn't seem very necessary.Anyway couldn't help but ask why???
    Justdiane- sorry if you feel our comment was rube or condescending. They are not intended however when in 2009 i read how people are "upset" or have to "deal" with a women being topless on a wonderful beach I am curious. And since this is a wonderful message board about vacation we all agreee it should be vacation centric and i guess when i see posts that are not vacation but belief centric ( in this case topless == bad)i wish to learn more as i may be missing the boat. Hopefully this provide some color and again accept our apologies as there was no rudeness intended. Can you please highlight what you thought was " negative" so going forward we can be more sensitive.
    thanks
    i went back over this thread and i simply asked how even if a women was topless at a pool how that would have a negative impact. The question was never answered. Sorry for applying critical thought to a posted statement....

I never said that topless was a 'negative' thing..... What I mean is that if someone is not accepting of the topless, and it is stated in the remarks of the resort that topless is not allowed at the pool......then why should the person who prefers not to view topless be subjected to it...in an area where it is prohibited to begin with. It is our vacation too. On the beach, it is understood that it may occur and that is a choice to view or not view.

I was just at CSA and was hoping to go topless, but sadly I did not see one other person topless at all, and was too shy to be the first to do it. I guess maybe everyone is waiting for everyone else to do it. I was hoping someone else would. Maybe when we go back I will just go for it. I sort of regret not being brave. But I was there 3 or 4 days (depending on how you count it) and didn't see anyone topless.