Thread: Atrium at CSA

Default Atrium at CSA

My wife and I are planning on making our first visit to Couples later this year and I think we have decided on CSA.

We are intrigued by the Atrium rooms but have some concerns. Since they are open air rooms, are bugs an issue at all? And how close are the rooms to one another? Because I'm imagining if the rooms are really close, you can hear the people next to you. Or more of a concern to us is, will they be able to hear us, whether its just our regular conversations or other stuff while we enjoy our alone time without kids And if you get a first floor room, is it an issue with everyone being able to see in? I guess we just had some concerns betweens bugs and multiple privacy issues. But since I have read several reviews where people have said they love them, we are interested in trying them. We would appreciate any input. thanks.

Lol, we love the atrium rooms but yes privacy is an issue, if you so much as pass gas, all your neighbors in your building & the ones next to you will hear it & everything else you do. Me, I dont care, I'm there to have fun. There are screens all around on the windows & plexiglass on the inner side window, no one can see in if you close the shutters. The balconies are private, We've never had any bug issues in all the years we'be been there, but if other people hearing your noises bothers you, atrium isn't the room for you.

There are bugs but as long as you don't leave food in the room or leave the doors open at night when the lights are on, it isn't too bad. We have found that there are more bugs on the first floors, probably due to the easy access. None of the second floor rooms we had were very buggy. The rooms are not too close together and the windows that face the other rooms are the only ones with glass so it is very quiet. There are a lot of plants around the buildings but I did feel slightly exposed on the bottom floor but I still liked it. Nobody was really looking in or anything like they were with our second floor BFS. Most of the main windows and patios do not face main pathways so people usually aren't walking right next to your windows or anything.

We just returned from our 5th trip to CSA-First Atrium Room, first time on ground floor.
    My husband and I both have mixed feeling about the Atrium.
    We usually do not wear clothes in the room, so the open on 3 sides presented an issue for us. We either had to close everything up or wear something while in the room.
    And if everything was open and we showered, we had to change in the bathroom or again close everything up.
    On the other hand, we loved the room and location. And we loved the hammock on the verandah.

DH and I love the Atrium. Never saw a bug and our room got quite cold. As for noise We never heard our neighbor, didnt know we had a neighbor until we saw the order menu on there door. I did hear some " alone time" coming from the building behind us, but I was on our balcony and I think their balcony door was open. Not big deal, I smiled and went back to reading my book. All of us at Couples are hopefully couples in love so we all know what is going on in the rooms

The only thing we didnt like about the room was the wall for the bathroom doesnt go all the way to the ceiling. So there isnt alot of privacy from your love in the next room. We soloved this by tell the other to go have a little hammock time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofthebeach View Post
    Lol, we love the atrium rooms but yes privacy is an issue, if you so much as pass gas, all your neighbors in your building & the ones next to you will hear it & everything else you do. Me, I dont care, I'm there to have fun. There are screens all around on the windows & plexiglass on the inner side window, no one can see in if you close the shutters. The balconies are private, We've never had any bug issues in all the years we'be been there, but if other people hearing your noises bothers you, atrium isn't the room for you.

LOL
    We're heading to CSA in March for the first time as well and never really thought of the "noise" part of it? Does everyone try to one up the others during the evening?

I've been SonoftheBeach's neighbor... the smells and noises coming out of there.... OMG!

Seriously, he's right. For us, noise has never really been an issue. We're not night-owls, and are normally cashed out early due to all the fresh air, drink and food. But if you're really self conscious about this, perhaps one of the room categories with glazed windows is the answer.

Enjoy!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

yes... they are not very private. huge balcony and hammock.
    CN-July 2006
    CSA-July 2009
    CSA-July 2011

Eat, Drink, and be Merry for tomorrow you may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis & Cherie View Post
    LOL
    We're heading to CSA in March for the first time as well and never really thought of the "noise" part of it? Does everyone try to one up the others during the evening?
    Lol, LOl, LOl, I never really heard any wars going on, but I have heard the occassional neighbor who had too much to drink & got sick, & yes the toilet noises, trust me I speak from years of experience. The mating calls are expected, I've actually applauded the extra loud ones, lol. its all good. You just have to remember, if you can hear someone talking as they walk by your room, and you will, then they can hear your goings on as well. Like I said, I'm not the least bit shy, so these are not issues for me nor my wife. For the most part people are respectful & not too noisy, but I have had neighbors with issues as well. Hey, thanks Chris for taking notice, lol..gonna miss yuz this May.

We were on a ground floor room and solved the privacy problem by putting the shade down on the side of the porch....This is made of sail cloth and works nicely.

We booked gvs but we arrived a few days ago and have the atrium room. I don't think I could be more happy. Yes the slats are open and therefore people can hear but just close your slats and you will get more privacy. I have no idea if people can hear us outside but it actually isn't a problem as we just act normal in the room. I have never worried about wether anyone can hear us talking or whatever. I thought I would miss a tv but I actually don't miss it at all. I hope we come back and if we do I would book the atrium again xx

Irie mon,

M'lady and I have stayed in the atrium rooms each time we have come to CSA. We are seeking a Jamaican experience -- if we wanted Motel 6 or Holiday Inn complete w/TV we wouldn't have gone to the time & expense of coming to the Jam. The Atrium has a special vib, you are there to be with your lady and if you are laying in bed watching the boob tube then you are not taking care of business -- to say sharing with your mate!!! If you feel the super need for privacy close the appropriate shutters. In the 6 time we have stayed in a atrium room we never met the couple in the adjoining room -- only saw their luggage at the door on leaving day. The only bummer is that many people have found out the secret -- The 2nd floor atrium room and balcony are the best deal at CSA.

Susssssssh!