Default Couples Negril Music

We will be at CN the first week of May. One of the reasons we love Jamaica is the reggae music. Do they typically play reggae music around the pool and beach during the day, or do I have to rely on my iPod?

Thanks.

Default IPod

Quote Originally Posted by kimkeith View Post
    We will be at CN the first week of May. One of the reasons we love Jamaica is the reggae music. Do they typically play reggae music around the pool and beach during the day, or do I have to rely on my iPod?

Thanks.
    My only complaint last trip was not enough reggae playing. No music on the beach! I think reggae playing softly in the background on the beach would have made a perfect vacation even better

Quote Originally Posted by mark527 View Post
    My only complaint last trip was not enough reggae playing. No music on the beach! I think reggae playing softly in the background on the beach would have made a perfect vacation even better
    Agreed.

I also personally wish that the nightly entertainment and piano/disco bar were more reggae based.

I have to say the thing I appreciated about CSA was that there was NOT music playing. This was our 15th trip to Jamaica but first to Couples and one thing we disliked about the place we used to visit was the music playing all day around the pool, which you could also hear at the beach. If you don't care for what's playing you are forced to listen to it anyway. And even if you like it sometimes the sound of the water and the wind and peace and quiet is just what you want not some canned music. If I wanted to hear music I'd pop in my headphones and turn on my i-pod but when I wanted quiet I had that at Couples so I loved the fact that there was no music. Seems the best mix to me.

We've been there twice, both times there was an unbelievable steel drum band playing during some afternoons. As well, there were musicians walking the beach. And I am sure the Pool bar played reggae. Couples is a great place...12 days to go

At the bar and in the restaraunt, but you can't hear it at the beach so take your own

Hi
    We love music, especially reggae and take our i pods on every trip.
    However -
    When on a beatiful beach we often like to relax with nothing but the peaceful sound of the waves as they roll in.
    We have been to resorts that inflict non stop music all day / everyday and to be frankly honest - It quickly becomes really tiresome and irritating.
    Ian and Vanda

Quote Originally Posted by mark527 View Post

This depends on where you are on the beach and when. At times the music from the Beach Grill bar or pool bar is played louder than others and the wind can cover the music as well. (Also, my favorite - when the pool bar gets "jackassery"-like the noise tends to overwhelm).

We're here now and have heard music several days (and yes, it has been reggae).
    Last edited by rudi; February 8th, 2011 at 02:25 PM.