Default Comparison of all four couples resorts

Hello!

I am looking to book a vacation at a Couples resort in August for my boyfriend and myself. I am overwhelmed by the choices and need some guidance so I am looking for someone who has been to more than one of the couples resorts. I want a resort that will give me the most for my money when it comes to food, service, and excursions. But I also want some active nightlife. I was pretty set on Tower's Isle because of the horseback riding and Dunn's Falls but I am worried the beach is too small. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Here is a very good quick comparison of the 4 resorts by a onetime frequent and knowledgeable poster Amy:
    Here are some quick differences:

CTI - Completely private beach, yet small; separate island for nude sunbathing, 5 restaurants including Bayside that sits on the water; the most inclusions (Dunn's River, catamaran cruise, horseback riding in addition to the others). Only 5 buildings with rooms so the resort is very compact and intimate (though since 3 of the buildings are connected, it feels like there are only 3 total). Everything revolves around a central location. Just underwent a $30 million renovation - new rooms, new decor, new pools, etc. Fantastic food.

CSS - the newest to the Couples resort, but not the newest built. It used to be a Grand Lido then Couples bought it. Also have a completely private beach. Separate beach for nude sunbathing. Resort is spread out and built on cliffs. It's split into 3 different levels, lots of steps throughout. Lots of foliage and hidden spots. Does not offer a catamaran cruise. 3 restaurants but full menu room service. All rooms are suites with mini bars. Rooms are more hotel like as far as the decor. Wonderful massage huts.

CN - Sits in Bloody Bay which it shares with 3 other resorts and public beach access. Separate section of main beach used for nude sunbathing. Individual buildings throughout the resort for the rooms. All on beach level. Somewhat spread out. Huge main pool with swim-up bar. Rooms decorated in bright colors. 24 hour room service only in select room categories and it must be ordered a day in advance. All rooms have mini bars.

CSA - Sits on 7 mile beach. Separate buildings for rooms that are cabana like, dark wood and white linens. Resort is spread out along the beach but all on beach level. Only resort with rooms right on the beach where you can walk off your first floor patio into sand. Fantastic food. Night Club. Some rooms do not have televisions. 5 restaurants. No nude sunbathing option. Huge sports complex across the street.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

My wife and I have done CSS, CN and CSA. We loved CSS, but because of the beauty and 'laid backness' of the resort. Not a lot of nightlife here, but there is still plenty to do. If you want more active evenings, I have read that CTI is more active than CSS. Having said that, my wife and I prefer CSA above all. The beach is incredible. The food awesome. The nightlife is excellent, but you can still find quiet areas at night as well. What Wally wrote is pretty much on target.

I love CSA! But after our trip this March, we're considering trying CSS. I really don't think you can go wrong with any couples resort. :O)

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    CN - Sits in Bloody Bay . . . . 24 hour room service only in select room categories and it must be ordered a day in advance . . . .

CSA - Sits on 7 mile beach
    CN does not offer 24-hour room service in ANY room category. Like all four Couples Resorts, a continental breakfast is available in all room categories and can be requested by leaving the order form on your doorknob for pickup when you turn in for the night. In addition, guests staying in suites have the option of in-suite dining for dinner, and that must be ordered one day in advance. Even CSS, which offers a more traditional room service, does not offer it 24 hours a day.

Both CN and CSA sit on Seven Mile Beach. Seven Mile Beach is comprised of Long Bay, which is approximately five miles in length, and Bloody Bay, which is approximately two miles in length. CN sits on Bloody Bay, and CSA sits on Long Bay, but they both sit on Seven Mile Beach, which is a public beach meaning that people can traverse along the shoreline but cannot stop and get comfy on the beach in front of any particular resort unless they are guests there.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

I think the above description is accurate but outdated. I think all rooms at CSA have tvs now. The beach at CSA is by far the best of the four. More food options too. It might be the biggest resort in terms of area so there is a private feel and sense of quietness due to the length of the beach. Nudity isn't advertised but it's allowed.

CN has a more luxury feel to it and is large in size as well but the beach is smaller. There are also neighboring resorts very close to it. Beach is awesome but still not as good as CSA.

CSS and CTI probably the more luxurious of the bunch but not the choice if you want a perfect beach. The Dunns River tour is a plus though.

CSA is our favorite and go to from here on out.

Personally, we like the food better at CN than at CTI or CSS.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

CTI= very new and clean....doesnt give you as much jamaica feel as the others. The staff is incredible. 2 larger pools.

CSS= a photographers dream. Best beach we have been to in Ocho Rios....Very spread out and laid back. The view is amazing anywhere here.

CN= fun fun fun. The style is a little old but the staff and other guests make up for it. This is the most fun we have had at any resort ever in Jamaica. Negril beach is unreal!! The vendors and jet skis do get annoying sometimes though. The catarmaran cruise is also the best here.

We havent been to swept away yet.....

[QUOTE=Sublimebrad;111646]I think the above description is accurate but outdated. I think all rooms at CSA have tvs now. The beach at CSA is by far the best of the four. More food options too. It might be the biggest resort in terms of area so there is a private feel and sense of quietness due to the length of the beach. Nudity isn't advertised but it's allowed.
    QUOTE]

All the rooms at CSA do not have TVs. The Atriums and the Beach Front Suites do not have TVS. I personally hope they never do. I love my Atrium Suite. :O) Also, nudity is not allowed at CSA. Women (and men LOL) may be topless, but that's it and only on the beach. :O)

Quote Originally Posted by Sublimebrad View Post
    I think the above description is accurate but outdated. I think all rooms at CSA have tvs now. The beach at CSA is by far the best of the four. More food options too. It might be the biggest resort in terms of area so there is a private feel and sense of quietness due to the length of the beach. Nudity isn't advertised but it's allowed.

CN has a more luxury feel to it and is large in size as well but the beach is smaller. There are also neighboring resorts very close to it. Beach is awesome but still not as good as CSA.

CSS and CTI probably the more luxurious of the bunch but not the choice if you want a perfect beach. The Dunns River tour is a plus though.

CSA is our favorite and go to from here on out.
    The Atriums and Beachfront Suites do not have tv's. They all have minibars now though.